• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Grisby

Just played for an hour. Got my elf up to lvl 4. Died on the first boss, lol.

Game is freaking gorgeous on the vitas screen.

Gotta put this down and go to work:( so far having a ball, between this and gravity rush my vita has been getting the love it deserves.

And to all the people waiting to download, you have my condolences as since this is a hotly anticipated release psn won't be updating for quite some time.

No, it takes about 20 hours to clear normal with all the side quests done, I'm gonna do all the characters on normal before deciding which ones to move on. I've played a bit of Amazon on hard, and it's a WAY better than normal. The advanced enemy types come out, you get the labyrinth of chaos, (which is insanely fun and challenging) etc etc.

The thing about Dwarf's power smash (which makes you drop your weapon for about 20 seconds), is that it has a long start up, lightning elemental, hits an insane number of times, and you're completely invincible during the entire animation. And without your weapon on hand you still have your throw attacks etc. When the amazon loses her weapon she becomes kind of crap.

Is hard mode available from the beginning?

I have an artbook that I dont really want. pm me.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
It always kinda amuses me when a big game like this comes out and all the people who aren't familiar with how PSN updates start showing up wondering why it's not up on the store yet. :lol

UK/EU PSN person here, we don't generally have to deal with this outrageous tardiness ;)

Instead we deal with not getting games at all like Counterstrike GO!

maomaoIYP

Some general tips and some class specific tips for amazon, sorceress, elf and dwarf.
Gonna spoiler them all for those who want to figure out things for themselves.

General tips:
- You can do instant jump reset (land immediately from air) by holding X and down.
- You can recover from mid air knockdown by pressing R1 or X. It will however remove all i-frames from the falling animation.
- Evasion (R1) when timed correctly, has i-frames. I find at least 1 level of the evasion skill critical for all classes except the 2 magic users.
- Hotkey your healing item as soon as you can by highlighting it in your equipment menu and then pressing the direction pad.
- You can jump and use evasion into the background or foreground. This is especially useful for evading full screen length horizontal attacks.
- Get one level of wealth to health and nutritionist as soon as possible, this will be your main healing tool during dungeons.
- Slide to kill small critters quickly.
- Skeletons get launched easily with slides, zombies with anti air (up + square) and soldiers with dash attack.
- Dash attack can be cancelled into a slide. A slide can be cancelled into a standing attack.

Amazon:
- Abuse moves that give i-frames, like parry and brandish.
- She's weak but fast without her weapon, so use the power smash sparingly or when the TTF rune is available.
- She's got the best staying-in-air capability, her anti-air launcher (up + square) doesn't count as a jump, so you can actually spend a lot of time floating in mid air.

Sorceress:
- If you're playing solo, consider skipping the status spells, they're not very useful.
- Also the skeleton revival skill requires a lot of points before it becomes decent.
- Her moveset is identical to the wizard, they both have 3 elemental staff types. Most natural and undead enemies are weak to fire, dragons are weak to ice, and soldiers are weak to lightning.
- The ice and fire staff have identical moves but with different properties, the lightning staff has a different moveset and uses more mana.
- Get levitate early, it boosts magic damage from air by 30%

Elf:
- Always end every combo with some sort of bow attack.
- Her melee will suck for quite a long time, so just go for short combos that end with an arrow shot. Her dash attack is a very quick launcher.
- Her dash bow attack can be done by pressing forward, holding circle, then releasing circle.
- She has the best recovery time from moves, so abuse evasion to find a safe spot to shoot from.

Dwarf:
- Abuse throws and power smash. He's invincible throughout the entire power smash animation. Throws are not particular useful against bosses though. Great for everything else.
- Flying enemies can be easily caught using his mid air grab (jump, up + square).

Picked my PS3 preorder up. GameStop fucked me out of my art book, told me that they never got them and basically told me "sorry about your luck" and sent me packin'. I really need to stop supporting this store...

You should have went and checked back around last thursday. That's when we got the distro for the books and the game. If they tell you they didn't get it, cancel the pre-order. lol

How does that work, anyway? I've had Mario and Luigi Dream Team #1 for weeks now, they better give it to me

Just don't screw up like I did and you should be fine.

It used to be that when I dropped something off at the Post Office, Gamefly would get the head's up that it had been scanned and would update the list of games I have out. This stopped happening for some reason about 6 months ago. So, I just forgot that 4 days is now not enough leeway for something I send back to get to Austin and get marked received to free up the space in my "Games Out."

Elf is right up my alley. Didn't think of playing as her at all. Now I don't wanna play with no one else. So fast. Wizard and sorceress seem very similar... So I guess I'm going Sorceress.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I'm assuming yes, but does anyone know for sure if Adroit Hands common skill (reduce item cooldown time) works for spells?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to solo knight..except for a single AI character..This is who I'm rolling with.
477_stream.jpg

ib0EFaYhVkeM60.jpg

props to cha for posting it earlier in the thread.

Sanctuary

I am now the proud owner of Dragon's Crown Vita and PS3.

I shall name my wizard Fistandantilus.

Uncool bro, uncool. I name literally every Wizard type that can hit multiplayer that. I'd have one right now with that name, except I'm still waiting on PSN to update...
Edit: Hmm, guess I'll check again. It wasn't up twenty minutes ago.

Jawmuncher

Played a bit this morning.
Man this art style is AMAZING even the odd porportions are something to love. It's just an amazing game to look at.

I'm soloing a Amazon and seeing how that'll go.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I'm tempted to just download the Vita version, but I just reserved a copy at a local Gamestop. Will return the Amazon copy whenever it comes and punch out the UPS guy if I see him. NOBODY STOPPING TEAM HOMETOWN UP IN THIS

IWKYB

Banned
Can you switch classes when you return to town, or is every playthrough limited to whoever you choose at the beginning?

As my earlier pic showed you can change on the tavern however each char will have to do the quests/missions again BUT you will keep the items and allies.

TP

Another Newegg purchase without the artbook

It wasnt listed on the store page so I knew there was a chance I might not get it.
Oh well, i'd rather have the $10 off

So, does anyone know if the decisions change the story?
In particular with the Duke vs the Prime Minister. At first I thought the PM was a good guy, but the princess seems to never talk around him. I refused to give the scepter to the Duke guy, and gave it to the princess.

ScOULaris

As my earlier pic showed you can change on the tavern however each char will have to do the quests/missions again BUT you will keep the items and allies.

So if I have played through 4 or 5 missions and decide to switch classes, I will be kicked back to the first mission?

ys45

I asked this earlier but no one answered , can you remove the arrow just above your character ?

It's kind of annoying and useless when playing solo .

Another Newegg purchase without the artbook

It wasnt listed on the store page so I knew there was a chance I might not get it.
Oh well, i'd rather have the $10 off
Have you tried emailing Newegg or Atlus?

Edit: oh good, top post. I guess people are more inclined to post their answers now.

ToyBroker

Banned
From what I've seen, no, watched someone solo the red dragon with an AI glitch in the first room.

Well the very first side-quest the NPC dude randomly showed up and I couldn't make him go away.

Maybe it was just for the first side mission? I dunno.

I think if you go back to the tavern and "dismiss" them they won't come. So I'll try that.

Pimpbaa

Hmm, what version should I play first? The Vita physical version which is in the mail or buy the PS3 DD version and play today.

Top Bottom