• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Soulstar

Started to play this earlier today.

This game is sooo fun. Elf is very satisfying so far and the combat feels very fluid. This game is also just wonderful to look at and just oozes charm.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Who the fuck thought default movement being on analog was a good idea so fucking clunky. I was fucking relieved when I saw I could swap it to dpad after playing the first stage

is there a way to mute the narrator. annoyingx100000
I just have it for who ever Im playing as, but if you want the best sounding one pick sorc for the narator voice

cj_iwakura

Catherine's narrator was the best.

I love how much this feels like every Vanillaware game I've played, right down to the menu and text prompts.

-PXG-

Welp....fuck my artwork, fuck my girlfriend (sorry babe) and fuck Pikmin 3. More Duragonzuuuuu Kuraonuuuuuu, tonight.

taoofjord

Really not feeling this game at all. It's does still have all the flaws of previous Vanillaware games, not that I should be surprised. I am surprised, however, at the background art not being highres. In fact, playing it on the PS3 is frustrating as you can tell the game's interface and controls were made for the Vita.

I'm still early in but the combat just doesn't seem fun enough to be worth overlooking the rest of the game.

zashga

Got my copy in the mail today. Ordered it on Sunday from Amazon, got the art book. Bonus!

Gonna be tough to ration my time between this, Pikmin 3, and SMT4.

Akainu

Really not feeling this game at all. It's got all the flaws of previous Vanillaware games, not that I should be surprised. I am surprised, however, at the background art not being highres. In fact, playing it on the PS3 is frustrating as you can tell the game's interface and controls were made for the Vita.

I'm still early in but the combat just doesn't seem fun enough to be worth overlooking the rest of the game.
You can give it to me if you don't want it.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Really not feeling this game at all. It's does still have all the flaws of previous Vanillaware games, not that I should be surprised. I am surprised, however, at the background art not being highres. In fact, playing it on the PS3 is frustrating as you can tell the game's interface and controls were made for the Vita.

Backgrounds and environments are still gatdamn beautiful though, even if they aren't high res. (First I've heard of this).

Welp I feel like a big idiot for what I just noticed. I went into the third boss thinking it was impossible to beat when actually, I never changed my equipment. I was still using my starting equipment on the 3rd boss as a Wizard, smh.

At least the game is now just challenging which feels really great. I'm taking a short break for now, but will start it back up later.

Paches

Welp....fuck my artwork, fuck my girlfriend (sorry babe) and fuck Pikmin 3. More Duragonzuuuuu Kuraonuuuuuu, tonight.

why-not-both.jpg

(at the same time)

ToyBroker

Banned
Man once you hit level 10 the weapons start getting interesting (and the other gear)

Just found some 12-25 hammers that had +13% damage added as lightning.

Ooh baby.l

MooMoo

Castle of the Doom: Catacombs spoilers:
is there any benefit to making sure the girls don't get bit by the vampire boss? I've only tried it twice but it's damn near impossible. If only I had more arrows...then that vampire would be dead! DEAD I SAY! >:D

Defuser

*Buys Dragon's crown R3 version*

*No DLC for R3 version*

Fuck you SCEH/Asia fuck you. I want my Asami Imai's Narrator voice.

maomaoIYP

Castle of the Doom: Catacombs spoilers:
is there any benefit to making sure the girls don't get bit by the vampire boss? I've only tried it twice but it's damn near impossible. If only I had more arrows...then that vampire would be dead! DEAD I SAY! >:D
Bonus score at the end. 1000 for each girl alive.

It should be unlockable in-game. Just beat Normal as her character, then cough up 1M gold.
It's not. It's just the crap english voices.

I got my pick up reserve from GameStop today and realized they did not give me my art book. Going to have to call them tomorrow, also I did not get my 5 bucks off that I put on reserve... They must have not realized I reserved it. Yeah going to have to make a trip there tomorrow.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not feeling this game (Vita version)... I can't reliably dash, let alone more complex movements. The exploration so far seems underwhelming and I'm not liking the combat. :(

george_us

Now my package is somehow in fucking Mesquite, TX lol.

I decided to double dip anyway and download the Vita version. Still though, fuck Amazon recently. I've been having a lot of problems with getting shit from them recently.

This game is so polished its unbelievable that it was made by 12-15 people! It's better than most games made by a large studio! Just amazing!

Also since the Vita version PSN size is less than 1gb, that's not too bad. Thinking about downloading it.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Gonna double dip for ps3 version. I like it on vita so far, but I'd much rather play with a dual shock on the TV. Vita version is great so far, but already getting cramps. I need a hand grip for this system already...

I got my pick up reserve from GameStop today and realized they did not give me my art book. Going to have to call them tomorrow, also I did not get my 5 bucks off that I put on reserve... They must have not realized I reserved it. Yeah going to have to make a trip there tomorrow.
This is why we buy from Amazon.

Top Bottom