• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Played online for a bit, lol @ getting confused as to which hand is which.

Also I need to find out which of the rune spells is mend so I can repair my stuff. Can only safely do like 2 dungeon runs online at the moment.

Velcro Fly

Those with the Vita version, how bad would you say the frame rate dips are?

Are they frequent? Gameplay impairing?

I'm a dwarf playing with a wizard, sorceress, and fighter

I think the problem of tracking your character is worse honestly. The frame rate dropped once or twice during a stage I just did, but I never felt like it was that bad and it only lasted a couple seconds. This is with AI partners so I have no idea if online is different.

sunnz

So if I wanted to buy this on the VITA ( I like in the UK) do I need to get a new memory card and make a US account and buy it through that?

-PXG-

This game is fucking gorgeous on my 50" LED TV. Jesus Christ.

Oh.... Dat Amazon booty.... 100000000000/10. Her jumping animation is hypnotizing. Oh...spin attacks and dive kicks for days, SON!

She is force to be reckoned with. Once you buy skills, it's over. She is straight beast.

Yeah, I died twice soloing
the Harpy
with her.

Dying during a boss fight, respectable.

I got my butt kicked by two orge things. Shameful. Playing with the pad and both sticks all at once takes some getting used to.

I've gotten the hang of healing and dodging though because of that. Haven't died since.

I'm kinda mad that I can't seem to get my lives back up to three though

So how do we invite friends for multiplayer? I'm not sure if there's some menu thing I'm missing on that front.

Someone unlock MP on Vita. Need to hear lag impressions.

I played with a random person from Japan and it worked pretty damn smooth. Although we were both using Sorceress which leads to...

Those with the Vita version, how bad would you say the frame rate dips are?

Are they frequent? Gameplay impairing?

This. Framerate dips tend to happen when you have a lot of big spells going on screen simultaneously. They're definitely noticeable but not gameplay impairing.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Looking at it now, any word on regional restrictions?

And campaign progress when not the host?

Sorry for the late reply, watching Saltybet most of the night :p

No idea on any of these yet as I haven't got to the part where I can play online. I think that unlocks much later, around level 17 or so, something along those lines. I'll give it a go when I can though, I don't see why there would be any restrictions but you never know.

Yasumi

Banned
So if I wanted to buy this on the VITA ( I like in the UK) do I need to get a new memory card and make a US account and buy it through that?

If you import a physical copy, you can use your current account and memory card. If you want the digital version, then you'd need to get another memory card and factory reset your Vita.

pariah164

I am learning all sorts of skills as a Sorceress, but how do I equip them? I thought I used the D-pad, but... I feel stupid asking this. XD

sunnz

If you import a physical copy, you can use your current account and memory card. If you want the digital version, then you'd need to get another memory card and factory reset your Vita.

Yea, import it is ( or wait for EU release..., when ever that is)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
How long till I get Online Co-Op Goodness

Amazon has been beasting, so far have hit 4 Rank A in Treasure

I so want to get an S to appear lol

Level 9 with my Snu-Snu, enjoying the ever living shit out of it

My mom walked in and goes, aww look at how her butt moves, "Kinky!"

I have 0 friends playing this, and my list is 75% GAFfers!, for shame
/wrists

YagizY

Sooo what dictates S ranking vs the other ranks as far as treasure goes? Is it not taking any damage? Does having AI allies make it more difficult to S rank? I feel like the treasure and rankings I've gotten thus far are really random.

I am learning all sorts of skills as a Sorceress, but how do I equip them? I thought I used the D-pad, but... I feel stupid asking this. XD

I was wondering that too, as I don't see a single option for it. I know some are passive, but I'm thinking I'm still too early in the game for the others, maybe.

YagizY

I was wondering that too, as I don't see a single option for it. I know some are passive, but I'm thinking I'm still too early in the game for the others, maybe.

If its equipable go to your equipment and on an empty slot scroll over to the item category that looks like an "S." That is how you can equip skills for the Amazon at least.

ToyBroker

Banned
Seriously, guys, how the fuck do you hotkey an item? I.e. a healing potion?

Some dude said to highlight the item in your inventory (when outside of a dungeon) and hit a direction. When I do that, the item gets a little circle or X next to it...which does nothing.

I'm using the alternate move method of using the d-pad instead of the analog stick and it's annoying as hell cycling through items with the analog stick.

Caerith

Sooo what dictates S ranking vs the other ranks as far as treasure goes? Is it not taking any damage? Does having AI allies make it more difficult to S rank? I feel like the treasure and rankings I've gotten thus far are really random.
Trust your instincts on this one. Not taking damage, etc, improves your score, which improves your experience points, but the treasure itself is random.

Ready to roll

#TeamHometown

How long till I get Online Co-Op Goodness

Amazon has been beasting, so far have hit 4 Rank A in Treasure

I so want to get an S to appear lol

Level 9 with my Snu-Snu, enjoying the ever living shit out of it

My mom walked in and goes, aww look at how her butt moves, "Kinky!"

I have 0 friends playing this, and my list is 75% GAFfers!, for shame
/wrists

You have good tastes..I'm so proud of you both.
00159462_medium.jpeg

GraveRobberX

Some dude said to highlight the item in your inventory (when outside of a dungeon) and hit a direction. When I do that, the item gets a little circle or X next to it...which does nothing.

I'm using the alternate move method of using the d-pad instead of the analog stick and it's annoying as hell cycling through items with the analog stick.

Go to your equipments area
Where you can equip items
Highlight healing potions, then press the directional button, to the left side of the healing icon, the 4 face buttons show up
Square, Triangle, Circle, X
I chose Triangle as my Healing Icon

Leave the menu, now press the up directional button, Viola, now you have hotkeyed the item, so everyt ime you want to use a potion hold up directional, press triangle or press down to use

I so so want that Dark Elf Beastmaster as a playable character, my god her thighs rival the amazons!

Give me DLC already, STAT!

Vanillaware get all monies

MooMoo

Go to the equipment menu. Use left/right on the d-pad to assign the triangle/square/circle/x button to an item. Once you do that, you can simply use up+whatever button to quickly use that item.

Here's my question; the game lets you cycle through the gear you have equipped. What's the point of that exactly?

StayDead

somewhat spoilers but not really

I still need 2 talismans, I'm level 31 but I never get put in the right level, this is really annoying

Sorry for the late reply, watching Saltybet most of the night :p

No idea on any of these yet as I haven't got to the part where I can play online. I think that unlocks much later, around level 17 or so, something along those lines. I'll give it a go when I can though, I don't see why there would be any restrictions but you never know.

Cheers.

What's the best way to put money on an American account?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
somewhat spoilers but not really

I still need 2 talismans, I'm level 31 but I never get put in the right level, this is really annoying

Use the stables?

Also I need to figure out how to go offline. Sometimes I'd rather just bring AI people. Less confusing ~

So I guess I am the only one who thinks amazon is a freaky looking monstrosity huh

Not that that's a bad thing, just not to my taste

StayDead

Use the stables?

I'm not going to lie, but I completely forgot that you could do that haha, thanks for reminding me.

Also I need to figure out how to go offline. Sometimes I'd rather just bring AI people. Less confusing ~

Press start in the gate area and say "go offline or cancel connection or whatever it is"

GraveRobberX

Ranks of Weapons do play a huge part

E, D, C items are just basic to downright plain
B can be a little better, most of the time have 2 attributes attached to them
A is way better, 3 attributes attached to them
S > ??????????, no clue, haven't earned one

Sometimes a weapon you earn @ level 6 with an A rank, will be better than a B/C rank @ level 9, yes you might lose out on the damage upgrade, sometimes the attributes help a fucking ton

For now I only upgrade if I get a huge boost w\from the lower grades in damage output or defense, or until I get the same or better rank item to replace it

Can we trade weapons to people Online?
How about to others characters created in SP? (do new characters created share bags or is everyone have their own things)

Man, this game is exceptional. Just unlocked online and cannot wait to hop online with some friends.

Have they said anything about dlc? And related to this, is there any hope of a patch for the vita version? Don't get me wrong, it's perfectly playable and runs at 60 FPS much of the time but often it will drop a bit so it would be great to get it a bit closer to the PS3 version. Still the version I'd recommend given how amazing it looks on the vita screen and the touch controls are a bit more fluid for the door opening and the like. Love touching all the different characters to get descriptions.

Such a looker though, so many great effects such as the reflections and lighting changes.

The levels seems kind of short. Do they get longer farther into the game?

And not really spoilers but
are there more spiders other than the first quest maybe like a huge nest? please dont mention anything about bosses since i want to be surprised! :D

Velcro Fly

The Dwarf is such a beast.

I think playing the Wizard/Sorceress/Elf is going to be harder for me because I'm so used to things dying just by me looking at them.

Such a good feeling to have items sitting in your armory ready to be equipped and you complete a quest to level up and then suddenly you have 3-4 pieces of gear ready to equip. I'm honestly having so much fun I don't really notice that I'm playing with the AI. The AI honestly seems to be pretty good in this game.

Also I'd probably buy any DLC they put out for this game. I know they haven't said anything about DLC other than the voice pack but I'd probably buy more characters or whatever. This game is so good and I've only played for 2.5 hours so far.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I'm not going to lie, but I completely forgot that you could do that haha, thanks for reminding me.

Press start in the gate area and say "go offline or cancel connection or whatever it is"

Helping each other out (*^ω^)人(^ω^*)

Top Bottom