• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

SoulFist

Crud, I forgot this was coming out and missed a chance to preorder. If I order from amazon now, will it come with the art book? Can't remember if it was preorders only or all first print copies.

Caerith

Just curious, but of all the people with the English version, how many want Japanese narration and would be willing to pay, like, $5 for it as a DLC? I know licensing costs are crazy, but if someone put together a petition or pledge or something then it might convince Atlus to license the voices for worldwide release?
Or, it might show that only like twenty people care. No way of knowing unless it happens.

Does DEX or STR affect the Elf's bow damage?
I believe it's both? STR affects the damage rating and DEX affects the damage spread (or, STR is Max Damage, DEX is Min Damage).

How do character slots work in this game? Does the game keep track of every character's progress individually, or do I have to manage separate saves for each of them?

maomaoIYP

maomao, are there any specific skills you'd recommend for Dwarf?

And by Double Evasion, do you mean two points in Evasion?

Sorry, missed your post earlier, the thread is moving fast now that everyone's starting to get their copies!

By double evasion I mean just one point into evasion, so you can press R1 twice in a row.
Dwarf's skill list isn't very long, so you actually will have enough points for all the skills that I think are pretty good.
I always take these as soon as I can: Power bomb, grand smash, rock skin, toughness.
Lethal fists can be useful after a power smash and you can't find anything to throw with.
1 point into eagle dive is enough, it's not a very useful attack. I just it as a triple jump.
As for his tool skills, I like fire barrel and powder mastery. Bomb satchel is fine too, but I'm just not too big a fan.

For bombs (and daggers), besides pressing square you can press forward + triangle for a throw. This is the more useful attack for bombs because it will explode on impact with the ground.

Dwarf's throw attacks
From ground grab you have:
square to give horizontal throw (no shockwave)
up + square to give upwards throw (no shockwave)
jump + square to give downwards throw (gives shockwave, I use this the most).
From air grab you have:
in air, up + square to give horizontal throw (gives shockwave, useful on bosses and multiple enemies in the air)
in air, square to give downwards throw (same as the ground version)
in air, down + square to do the cannonball roll with the enemy (not very useful)

RoKKeR

Really loving this, my impulse buy is paying off!

I will say that having all 4 party members on screen at the same time makes things cluttered, chaotic, and a bit hard to follow at times. Is there a way to make it so they don't all join you automatically? What if I just wanted to take 2 party members with me? Because right now, the other just joins in as soon as we get in a fight.

RS4-

What the hell does this affix mean? It's on my amulet: while extending, hp recovers 56%.

Extending? What.

Also "x% of lightning/ice, etc retribution."

Grisby

Man, this game. This a much better game than Muramasa (my only other Vanillaware experience). Even though I don't have many moves with the Elf yet I'm still enjoying the simple beat em up combat. I also love that the missions themselves aren't padded out with useless areas and I feel like I've gotten a lot done in a short amount of time.

I bet when I finally unlock the co-op things are going to get crazy.

Riddler

Just finished the first 2 adventures with 2 others on the couch & it was really fun calling out enemies, glimmers, etc..We all(one female) love the art style and the roleplaying. Cant wait until we all dig deep into it.

ToyBroker

Banned
Hey guys, did the Dragon Crown demo come out today on PSN? I'd like to give it a go.

I wasn't even aware there was a demo.

Has it been too hard? I'm scared away by the expert difficulty rating

No way she was super easy (given you have some skill) to down the first boss. I didn't get further than that since I was deciding on a char and trying them out.

You just really gotta keep moving with her--can't stand toe to toe and mash square on enemies.

I found it best to use R1 evade liberally. Quick square taps finish with an arrow evade out of the way, rinse, repeat.

antitrop

This game is ridiculously good.

Really enjoying the way the Elf is playing, so far. Game is ungodly gorgeous on the Vita, this game was just what I needed right now.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Glad I picked wizard and not elf. Had like 3 lobbies in a row where it was me and 3 elves zzzzz.

Jump lightning rod attack is godlike.

Velcro Fly

Just showing off some cool stuff I've found and equipped on my Dwarf!

Cool axe with some stun and crit chance. Definitely the best weapon I've found so far. That damage range is really nice considering I was using something with a 4-17 range before.

QMBs1JN.jpg

This thing glows in my inventory. Not worried about the freezing duration but 7 strength seems to be a good chunk at this level.

QzvZuzn.jpg

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm glad the recycling isn't bad in this game. There still is stage recycling though (but of course, I only played the knight, not the other characters yet).

romulus91

is equipment shared between characters ? or are saves held separate? The wait on my US imported version is unbearable ... hate
deep in love with
this thread

Sallokin

Couldn't resist and impulse bought the digital version. Have already gone back and forth with the saves a few times and it works great. Definitely taking it to work tomorrow and finishing up my Elf play through + unlocking online.

ToyBroker

Banned
Nice loot posted so far people!

I didn't even know items could roll crit and stuff like that. I hope there's tons of mods like that. I want some sick crit/crit damage stuff for my Dwarf.

Only thing bothering me is you can't pause during dungeons ala Dark Souls. Drives me nuts.

Odrion

Banned
Jeez the Vita version of this game is not that good. Everything is tiny and that slowdown is EVERYWHERE. Shame, I really wanted a game like it on the Vita but it seems like it's really meant for the PS3.

Well, except for that cursor. That's a weird thing.

Noi

What the hell does this affix mean? It's on my amulet: while extending, hp recovers 56%.

Extending? What.

Also "x% of lightning/ice, etc retribution."

Extending happens when you reach a certain amount of Score in a round, your Life Points are Extended by one point and the word itself flashes over your party.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm so happy to know that S-Class stuff isn't absolutelyunheardofyounevergonnaseeonelol rare.

I'm not even level 15 yet and I've come across three S ranked items.

Sent an email to NewEgg and received this response from "Monica":

"Thank you for contacting Newegg.

We humbly apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Please be advised that Newegg only guarantee the promotions that posted on Newegg website. In this case, we recommend you call manufacturer to verify the artbook. We do not have any information about the free artbook at this moment.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs page. If you still require any assistance, please feel free to reply directly to this email."

I wasn't expecting to hear back from Newegg this quickly but I have yet to hear back from Atlus. I'm guessing I will hear something similar to what Ragingnight heard.

I haven't gotten my shipment from Newegg yet but I don't have hopes it will contain the artbook.

If Pejo received the artbook with his game and he really did order it from Newegg then I'm really going to be wtf. Guess I'll wait and see what happens with this but I'm raising hell with Newegg and Atlus if I don't get my damn artbook when my game arrives. Shit like this simply should not either happen or both companies should be leaning over backwards to take care of this. If I don't get that artbook then I'm done with preorders from Newegg and Atlus, and I previously loved both companies... :(

Giolon

Amazon lost my shipment. :-| Not UPS, Amazon. It didn't even make it to UPS.

I just spent the last 90 minutes driving and calling around to Gamestops. Fortunately, I found a copy 20 minutes away. Here I go!

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Equipment can have quite a few modifiers. Still need some clarification on things though. Like 'retribution' and some others.

w7yA4j2.png

Top Bottom