• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Sgblues

Jesus the food in the artbook looks so good

Then I saw that Akiman drawing of Amazon....almost bit through my bottom lip!

-PXG-

Ready to roll

goujw1B.jpg

#TeamHometown

Xander51

Just beat the first boss. This is awesome! So much fun.

Wah! Now I'm at the spoils page and I don't know what to do. Does more question marks = more valuable items?

The item grade letter will roughly tell you how valuable the item is. The question marks are just there as placeholders for item text until you decide to have them appraised or not,.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
This newegg thing sucks, now I have to hunt down a local gamestop who has extra books and a vita version to boot. Great.

Well, I got sidetracked and missed the cutoff for next day delivery. No one in my area has the Vita game in stock, so it looks like I might have to go the PSN route. Anyone know off hand the Vita install size?

Is there any advantage to playing without AI companions like more experience points, or do they just make the game easier or harder the more or less you have?

akaoni

Banned
The game is probably better on vita for the runes/treasures stuff. This and Muramasa on VITA almost make me want to buy one, but I need to see some legs.

Velcro Fly

Ok this is a serious contender for handheld GotY for me. I'm really loving how simple and yet fun it is. I love the fact that someone is narrating the game! It is such a small thing but I love it!

Not really a spoiler but I'll tag it anyway.
I love the animated NPC portraits, especially the ones you come across in dungeons.

I've played as the fighter for the first few hours and I've got the itch to check the other characters out. Thinking Amazon, maybe Wizard...

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
What's with people having hard times finding the Vita version in store?

Didn't think it'd be that hard to find on release day.

Nibiru

Banned
I got it!!!!

I gave that UPS guy a piece of my mind too... I actually just said thanks cya but I had that look in my eyes and he will never forget it!

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Just started playing a fighter here to get used to the combat system, but gonna try mage in a bit.

Pardon if this is answered already: is there any story difference at all between character classes?

Few questions

a) How is xp shared among teammates with kills/objectives/achievements
b) How is treasure shared?
c) Are there group-healing items?
d) How does player-death work when playing multiplayer?
e) Is there voice-chat?
f) Can you advance the stroy when playing in someone else's game, or do you have to be host?
g) If I buy it from the US store in the EU, will I be blocked from playing online, against Americans now, or Europeans later?

Thanks

RS4-

What's with people having hard times finding the Vita version in store?

Didn't think it'd be that hard to find on release day.

Toronto is pretty much OOS on it, or at least the one store people wanted to take advantage of.

It looks like the Fighter doesn't have parry skill, at least from what I gather when looking through skill trees on Japanese sites.

Really enjoying this but I'm glad I got it for the Vita even with the frame dips at times.

The levels are the perfect length for a portable and I cant imagine doing anything but touching chests and doors.

Indecisiveness is killing me for this game. I've played through the tutorial as the Elf, Fighter, and Sorceress, and I'm still not 100 percent sure who I want to commit to. I think I'll probably end up sticking with Elf due to my typical play-style, but it's a tough decision.

YagizY

Is War Paint an item in this game? I just unlocked that skill and invested a point in it and it says I can equip it or something. The description says "Use War Paint"

[EDIT] I am dumb, found it in my inventory.

ToyBroker

Banned
I think I'm gonna stick with the Dwarf for now.

He's pretty cool looking and dual-wielding ftw.

The magic characters don't interest me at all. Too much mana regenning and such :eek:

Although the one CPU dude who keeps coming on my quests straight up rapes. He does this full room tornado spell and it just destroys dudes. The tornado knocks them in the air and I just jump up and air grab them and toss them into other enemies. Pretty fun.

Is War Paint an item in this game? I just unlocked that skill and invested a point in it and it says I can equip it or something. The description says "Use War Paint"

Yah, you'll find one.

It's kinda like Dwarf with his bombs. Each of the characters has something like it.

njean777

Went with the Amazon for my first play through, I think it is funny that her butt goes all smooth when she jumps. Loving the game so far. The artbook though, some of those fan arts are just wow.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Those with the Vita version, how bad would you say the frame rate dips are?

Are they frequent? Gameplay impairing?

I stopped by Best Buy on my way home to pick up a copy and they didn't have any on the shelf. An employee asked if they could help me find anything and I asked if he had a copy of Dragon's Crown. He said no, then asked what it is because 5-6 people have asked for that today since his shift started.

I ordered it from Amazon on my phone in Best Buy. It will be here Thursday.

Those with the Vita version, how bad would you say the frame rate dips are?

Are they frequent? Gameplay impairing?

Not really frequent...you wont really see it until you have both Sorceress and Wizard doing crazy spells or have fire effects everywhere.

Doesn't ruin the gameplay but you'll definitely notice it.

I stopped by Best Buy on my way home to pick up a copy and they didn't have any on the shelf. An employee asked if they could help me find anything and I asked if he had a copy of Dragon's Crown. He said no, then asked what it is because 5-6 people have asked for that today since his shift started.

I ordered it from Amazon on my phone in Best Buy. It will be here Thursday.

Somewhat the opposite happened to me.

Amazon hasn't shipped my order (placed back in may). So I ordered a vita copy from best buy for 6 bucks.

Vita copy will be here Thursday.

i have 35 bucks in rewards credit

Top Bottom