• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

ToyBroker

Banned
DPad or stick for movement? I'm rolling with the pad.

Oh you gotta rock the d-pad.

Can't imagine doing this with the stick. Only thing I dislike is the analog stick for swapping the items.

I feel like holding L2 and hitting a direction would have been a better option for using hotkey consumables.

Oh you gotta rock the d-pad.

Can't imagine doing this with the stick. Only thing I dislike is the analog stick for swapping the items.

I feel like holding L2 and hitting a direction would have been a better option for using hotkey consumables.
Yeah, they're not using L2 at all are they? I guess that's another Vita concession. The analog stick stuff is the one sticking point with the controls in the game, they could've done without the pointer altogether.

chrono01

Add another vote for the D-Pad.

Granted I haven't played the game...yet [I should be able to start tomorrow], but for games such as this it's really the only way to control.

LuuKyK

Only played two hours and had to stop because I need to work tomorrow, but what an amazing game. The art is unbelievable. Rocking a blonde sorceress. Cant wait to play more.

Also, feel free to add me on PSN or any GAF list out there: LuuKyK

:D

Sanctuary

I've been doing every sidequest as they come, and I've just hit a roadblock that's driving me crazy. It's one of the most obtuse and infuriating sidequests I've ever done.

Henritta's Magic Doll. Not only is there no obvious magic device/barrier in the lab (and the room before it with the two shields has a Mind's Eye symbol on the wall, but nothing happens due to the casters dying in less than ten seconds), but I've read that you're supposed to pick up one of the shields off the wall and reflect spells that the casters shoot at you. Problem is your allies kill the room before you can do that. If you try to go solo, Samuel sends random NPCS to "help" you (aka kill all of the casters before you can do anything with them).

How exactly is this quest finished?

bigninja

Loving this game. So unbelievably pretty. The music is perfect and beautiful. Can't stop playing. Just one more quest. Just one more.

I decided to go Sorceress the first time through and I'm having a blast. Not too hard. Get that food spell and get the skills that buff MP regen. Skelly seems weak at first.

Oh, and dat
Dark Elf Beastmaster
art. (early quest reward)

#doubledipper #teamlife

Played four and half hours today and I absolutely adore it. I'm playing as the elf (with the most adorable grunts/other sounds from goddess Asami Imai) and her attacks flow incredibly smoothly. I was replaying Odin Sphere during the weekend and it was nice using a battle system that allowed for combos and other such things.

Skyzard

Banned
^

How do you move Vita shots to your PC?

Super easy, open up the album in the livescreen of the photo app, choose photos, click copy, and it moves them to your pc, possible over wifi.

You have content manager assistant installed and set up right?

I've been doing every sidequest as they come, and I've just hit a roadblock that's driving me crazy. It's one of the most obtuse and infuriating sidequests I've ever done.

Henritta's Magic Doll. Not only is there no obvious magic device/barrier in the lab (and the room before it with the two shields has a Mind's Eye symbol on the wall, but nothing happens due to the casters dying in less than ten seconds), but I've read that you're supposed to pick up one of the shields off the wall and reflect spells that the casters shoot at you. Problem is your allies kill the room before you can do that. If you try to go solo, Samuel sends random NPCS to "help" you (aka kill all of the casters before you can do anything with them).

How exactly is this quest finished?

Have you tried going into the Inn and setting the partner slots to Do Not Join? Join In is default so even if you don't bring anyone along they can pop in like an online player dropping in, but turning it off should fix that.

Loving this game. So unbelievably pretty. The music is perfect and beautiful. Can't stop playing. Just one more quest. Just one more.

I decided to go Sorceress the first time through and I'm having a blast. Not too hard. Get that food spell and get the skills that buff MP regen. Skelly seems weak at first.

Oh, and dat
Dark Elf Beastmaster
art. (early quest reward)

#doubledipper #teamlife

Oh, they will have a lot of nice artworks later for you to drool =).

Sanctuary

Have you tried going into the Inn and setting the partner slots to Do Not Join? Join In is default so even if you don't bring anyone along they can pop in like an online player dropping in, but turning it off should fix that.

Wow, didn't know that. That seems really odd for offline mode. Thanks.

Ooccoo

I just hit a brick wall with
Ancient Dragon on Hard. The fuck?

Also, I can't figure out how to finish the quest with the books on Mage Tower :/

Looking for people to play on Hard, add me: Gamebux

Skyzard

Banned
I do, didnt know you could go via wi-fi though.

Might need to register the device in the settings for CMA (just shows a 4 digit code and you put it on the vita, with content manager open or something, should be instructions on the computer program).

Kaldea

I love everything about this game so far. I tried a bunch of characters but I find Amazon is most fun for me. :D

Can't express how much I love the art and music of this game. Just wow.

pariah164

Is anyone else having trouble with
the mushroom gathering mission? My AI partners always destroy the nest before I can gather the 10 shrooms I need.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Is anyone else having trouble with
the mushroom gathering mission? My AI partners always destroy the nest before I can gather the 10 shrooms I need.

I believe there are undestroyable mushrooms around. They're the tall looking ones, you just have to go near and touch them and do it for a bit. They drop 2-3 mushrooms sometimes.

Mononoke

Banned
This might be a dumb question. But does anyone know how to equip items on other members in the group? I don't know why, but I'm not able to equip items for my allies. When I click Armory or Item, it defaults to my character. It's probably really obvious.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Good lord this game is fucking gorgeous. Screens and gameplay vids don't do it justice. The puritanical fools who passed on this because boobs are evil sure are missing out.

My game time for now is 4hrs and I'm still loving it. The only reason i stopped playing this game was because my fingers started getting tired of pressing the Vita buttons for now, and I'm tired anyways.

After seeing the Dwarf fight as my A.I. partner, it really makes me want to use him next. He looks like a freakin wrecking ball to use. Evrytime he was my partner all the enemies were flying across the screen.

Still, my Wizard is pretty cool too. It feels good raining fire all over the battlefield.

I don't like some of the side quests though. Most of them are really hard to do.

Teknoman

Might need to register the device in the settings for CMA (just shows a 4 digit code and you put it on the vita, with content manager open or something, should be instructions on the computer program).

Yeah worked perfectly.

iTFfTY8TWJSBn.jpg

Did I get lucky, or do you always get two S rank items when you finish the quest to recover Lucain's bones?

maomaoIYP

This might be a dumb question. But does anyone know how to equip items on other members in the group? I don't know why, but I'm not able to equip items for my allies. When I click Armory or Item, it defaults to my character. It's probably really obvious.

You're not supposed to. They don't level up as well.
Did I get lucky, or do you always get two S rank items when you finish the quest to recover Lucain's bones?
There's only one quest that gives guaranteed S rank items, and that wasn't it.

1:51 in and at level 6 for the fighter. Such a pretty game. I have a question though about with Rannie picking locks on the chest, why does it seem to be a D ranking only?

Good lord this game is fucking gorgeous. Screens and gameplay vids don't do it justice. The puritanical fools who passed on this because boobs are evil sure are missing out.

This game's design is inspired by centuries of art history, mythology, fantasy and decades of video games. Those who dismiss it solely because of Kamitani's provocative women figures are just ignorant.

Rocwell

Couple quick questions that have probably been answered a dozen times already.

What does score do? Why would I want an ability that boosts my score?

And when do the greeting/resurrection messages get displayed?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Couple quick questions that have probably been answered a dozen times already.

What does score do? Why would I want an ability that boosts my score?

And when do the greeting/resurrection messages get displayed?

Score is XP.

You definitely want a higher score.

Noi

What the shit, I keep getting Magic Damage buffs on all my high rank/damage Fighter weapon drops. Go away. >:|

Mononoke

Banned
You're not supposed to. They don't level up as well.

There's only one quest that gives guaranteed S rank items, and that wasn't it.

Ah okay. So anytime I get loot (weapon's that can't be used by my class) - I should just sell it off? I was keeping a bunch of stuff thinking that I could equip my allies with these items. Thanks for the heads up.

Can anyone explain to me how character slots work in this game? Is money shared across characters, or am I missing something?

edit: and what about equipment?

edit 2: and can anyone link me to that class advice post? I can't seem to find it.

Game's so good. Having a blast using the sorceress as my first character. Granted lightning wands eat up mad MP, their aerial strong magic is boss!

maomaoIYP

Ah okay. So anytime I get loot (weapon's that can't be used by my class) - I should just sell it off? I was keeping a bunch of stuff thinking that I could equip my allies with these items. Thanks for the heads up.
You can sell it off if you don't intend on playing any of the other characters.

Can anyone explain to me how character slots work in this game? Is money shared across characters, or am I missing something?

edit: and what about equipment?

edit 2: and can anyone link me to that class advice post? I can't seem to find it.
Character slots are just different characters that you have. Their campaign progress is separate from each other. Money, equipment and the hirelings that you've acquired through bone resurrection is shared amongst all your characters.
This class advice post?
How do you conjure food as sorceress? Is it automatic? I bought the skill and have it at lvl 1.
You need to equip the spell in your inventory as an item.

Top Bottom