• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

hitmon

You can sell it off if you don't intend on playing any of the other characters.

Character slots are just different characters that you have. Their campaign progress is separate from each other. Money, equipment and the hirelings that you've acquired through bone resurrection is shared amongst all your characters.
This class advice post?

You need to equip the spell in your inventory as an item.

Ah, that explains it. Thanks! Are common skills passive or does that have to be equipped too?

Anybody have recommended spells for the Sorc?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I wanted d-pad at first too, but after a while I realized that the stick is far superior in this game.

Agreed. Switched to dpad the moment I started but a few missions later I was back to analog. Gets really uncomfortable dealing with z-axis movement on dpad, plus my damn thumb kept tapping the analog accidentally goofing the item wheel. Strangely this was never a problem with Muramasa, which I exclusively used dpad. Just cramp up real fast here.

Only real advantage dpad has is double tap running, but I hold square for it anyway.

pariah164

Agreed. Switched to dpad the moment I started but a few missions later I was back to analog. Gets really uncomfortable dealing with z-axis movement on dpad, plus my damn thumb kept tapping the analog accidentally goofing the item wheel. Strangely this was never a problem with Muramasa, which I exclusively used dpad. Just cramp up real fast here.

Only real advantage dpad has is double tap running, but I hold square for it anyway.
The analog stick is definitely the way to go. I tried using d-pad first but it soon became clear that it wasn't working.

maomaoIYP

Ah, that explains it. Thanks! Are common skills passive or does that have to be equipped too?

Anybody have recommended spells for the Sorc?

Those are all passive. Not all the sorc's spells need to be equipped as well, like levitation or animate skeleton. If you look at her learn skills page at the guild those skills with a spell book next to the description need to be equipped for usage.

As for sorc spells I like create food, blizzard, rock press and protection. Those are the four that make up my quick slots.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Oh and this and Muramasa have been so tremendously great this summer that I am going to snag Odins Sphere on PSN soon as well.

Ill probably end up kicking myself for choosing to skip it at release based on the slowdown and repetition whining...

Mononoke

Banned
You can sell it off if you don't intend on playing any of the other characters.

Character slots are just different characters that you have. Their campaign progress is separate from each other. Money, equipment and the hirelings that you've acquired through bone resurrection is shared amongst all your characters.
This class advice post?

You need to equip the spell in your inventory as an item.

Derp. Okay now that really makes sense. I forgot you can rotate characters out.

Having a ton of fun playing as the Sorceress. Unfortunately I'm having a bunch of lag issues as I seem to get matched up with Japanese players 75% of the time.

Jetman

If Vita, progress to a certain point in the story until stables are accessible.

This is a bummer. I went out and bought the Vita version so I could play with some Vita bros. from work. Is there really no way to Ad Hoc play the first missions or something?You can locally do it on PS3, right?

Pretty good game so far. Playing as Dwarf mainly, though I have to get used to not prettying 'o' all the time as I would keep losing my weapon.

On the other hand, I do have some great timing exploting this while fighting bosses. I beat the first boss with this move at a sliver of my health.

EDIT: I learned from a Destructoid beginners guide that sometimes, when appraising items, some weapons are more useful/powerful early on because the damage range is "??-??" or even "?-??".
You can find out more here.

Dwarf so fun. Tossin bitches and cannonballing all over the place.

And then there's bombs.

LOTS OF BOMBS, WHEEEEEEEEEEE *toss toss toss*

Anyway I'm forge76 on PSN if anyone wants to group later, still working on unlocking online coop.

hitmon

Those are all passive. Not all the sorc's spells need to be equipped as well, like levitation or animate skeleton. If you look at her learn skills page at the guild those skills with a spell book next to the description need to be equipped for usage.

As for sorc spells I like create food, blizzard, rock press and protection. Those are the four that make up my quick slots.

Thanks again for the advice.

Tokubetsu

Question, how does the sorceress spellbook stuff work? After the usages run out what happens? I have to rebuy the skill?

chiba

Guys so quick question: is each character a sub-profile?

I started game as elf. Got through 40 minutes

A buddy comes over. He selects my elf. I select fighter. We play through lucain.

When he leaves, I get my elf and I have to redo the lucain intro. I'm lost as to why. Do we each need to save in co-op?

I think story progress only saves for Player One.

Kurod

Banned
So far I'm having tons of fun playing as my wizard and blowing shit up for huge damage. I had to learn the hard way to lay off the fire magic when around barrels full of oil though.

Question, how does the sorceress spellbook stuff work? After the usages run out what happens? I have to rebuy the skill?

U have a limited number of uses per dungeon. After U go back to town or move on to the next dungeon they replenish. That's how health items and boosts work too.

*Save game*

*Turn off PS3*

*Awkwardly sit, staring blankly at the TV*

*Turn on PS3*

I've basically been doing this since I first had a chance to play. Was about to call it a night, then boom,
Talisman hunt.

Gonna be a long night. :)

Quick question, when I enter a level or whatever you call it with just my character, it seems other party members just kinda pop in at random points. Anything I can do to prevent that?

chiba

Quick question, when I enter a level or whatever you call it with just my character, it seems other party members just kinda pop in at random points. Anything I can do to prevent that?

You can go to the inn and set the other slot's to Don't Join.

To those of you who are playing online: what are looking like the most popular classes?

Played twice and had 2 Amazons and an Elf then 2 Amazons and a Sorceress.

It's going to be tough to try and resist the Vita version, as I'm sure my wife will eventually want the TV back.

Played twice and had 2 Amazons and an Elf then 2 Amazons and a Sorceress.

It's going to be tough to try and resist the Vita version, as I'm sure my wife will eventually want the TV back.

It looks wonderful on Vita! And thanks for the response.

Does anyone else have a very hard time picking skills? I'm using a Dwarf, and I'm generally at a loss as to what to pick.

Lucentto

Banned
I have finally decided to settle on Fighter. Amazon is good, but her defense may be a bit too low for my taste. Fighter fits my play style more, I will probably try the Elf out more later.

Qvoth

so... did anybody downloaded the narrator pack but not have the option to use the japanese voice actors/actresses for the narrators?
under options when i change them they're all the english ones

so... did anybody downloaded the narrator pack but not have the option to use the japanese voice actors/actresses for the narrators?

Yeah, i have only Eng voices. And i think it's only Eng voices?

But i'll be very pleased to learn that i'm wrong about this matter. Please, somebody please correct me.

Tried out every class. Elf is my favorite, god is the fighter overpowered, dwarf just isn't me. I like the mages, they are just too similar. I didn't like the Amazon, she's slowly growing on me

Tokubetsu

Yeah, i have only Eng voices. And i think it's only Eng voices?

But i'll be very pleased to learn that i'm wrong about this matter. Please, somebody please correct me.

Pretty sure that's how it was always gonna/supposed to work. We only get jp voices for adventurers in-game.

Luckily, my wife will be playing too.

I actually went into this thinking she'd want to play but sadly, she just isn't in the mood at the moment.
Maybe when I'm tackling the higher difficulties. >:)

It looks wonderful on Vita! And thanks for the response.

Does anyone else have a very hard time picking skills? I'm using a Dwarf, and I'm generally at a loss as to what to pick.

No problem!

But yeah, I totally have a case of "skill selection syndrome", too.
Those health upgrades are always pretty sweet, though.

Mupod

Finally unlocked multiplayer, but not gonna touch that till tomorrow. First thing I did when playing was swap the analogue stick and d-pad - it makes using items a little more awkward but I really prefer the precision of the dpad.

I initially planned on playing Dwarf, but after playing him and Amazon I'm definitely better suited to Amazon. Dwarf does seem a lot easier to deal with, but I prefer the mobility and combos on the Amazon.

Although man, that parry is harder to deal with that I expected - partly because of how passive the enemies are, and partly because of how crazy the spam gets even with just a couple of AI partners.

maomaoIYP

Did you buy the voice pack on Asia PSN? Fuckers charge 2.40 for it. So I thought screw them and downloaded the free one on the US PSN.....and it works.

Man i hope it comes today...

I can't even hope for that thanks to being a fucking idiot.

Decided to import the game this week-end because I didn't want to wait for european release and I have a week off next week without the wife and kid.

So I go to amazon.ca because for some reason their delivery to France is lightning fast (like faster than ordering from my own country fast, I usually get the item 48hours after ordering). But they won't ship to France. Dangit let's order on some other canadian website that was recommended to me. I like physical discs.

Ok. Done. But the thing was processing for long so I wrote to them to cancel my order. But it shipped in the meantime (yesterday). And now I have to wait for 10 days or so, most probably until the end of my week off when I could actually have downloaded the game from US PSN or gone to a brick and mortar store ten minutes from my office to buy an imported copy at a slight premium.

Shit.

Caerith

Far as I know, narrator for US version is English only. This has been confirmed a few times.
This is true due to the cost of licensing the Japanese voices for use outside of Japan. The only way this will change is if people put together a "We the undersigned would totally pay $5 for DLC with Japanese narrators & NPCs" petition and it got enough signatures to convince Atlus that they'd make their money back.

Seeing as nobody has done that, however, it seems unlikely that this or future releases will be dual-audio.

Qvoth

Did you buy the voice pack on Asia PSN? Fuckers charge 2.40 for it. So I thought screw them and downloaded the free one on the US PSN.....and it works.

yeah i bought that one... but it's 18000 rupiah, which is around USD2+
thought it's the whole narrator pack... goddammit

i'll try out the DLC in US psn now

edit: hmm the one in the US psn is the same one with the one i already bought i think, it doesn't have JP narrators right? just JP playable characters?

i've heard about a rare in game item that can drop that gives you the option to use the characters' VA for narrators? what about those? does it drop the jp VAs or the english ones?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I can't even hope for that thanks to being a fucking idiot.

Decided to import the game this week-end because I didn't want to wait for european release and I have a week off next week without the wife and kid.

So I go to amazon.ca because for some reason their delivery to France is lightning fast (like faster than ordering from my own country fast, I usually get the item 48hours after ordering). But they won't ship to France. Dangit let's order on some other canadian website that was recommended to me. I like physical discs.

Ok. Done. But the thing was processing for long so I wrote to them to cancel my order. But it shipped in the meantime (yesterday). And now I have to wait for 10 days or so, most probably until the end of my week off when I could actually have downloaded the game from US PSN or gone to a brick and mortar store ten minutes from my office to buy an imported copy at a slight premium.

Shit.
The postman came but nothing :(
Let's hope for tomorrow then :(

It's me or the guy in this image is looks exactly like vincent of chaterine?(i dunno if it's a spoiler)
http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/p3/d/r/dragon-s-crown-playstation-3-ps3-1375866673-131.jpg

vincent.jpg

It would make sense, vincent was
seduced by a demon
while this guy looks like it was
seduced by a sort of mermaid or something similar

Top Bottom