• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

I'm so jelly of everyone already playing this.

n6ju8Qi.gif

Tiops

The game is way better than I thought. Gorgeous artwork and great gameplay. Playing with the Elf right now, and I'm really liking it.

maomaoIYP

yeah i bought that one... but it's 18000 rupiah, which is around USD2+
thought it's the whole narrator pack... goddammit

i'll try out the DLC in US psn now

edit: hmm the one in the US psn is the same one with the one i already bought i think, it doesn't have JP narrators right? just JP playable characters?

i've heard about a rare in game item that can drop that gives you the option to use the characters' VA for narrators? what about those? does it drop the jp VAs or the english ones?

No, the narrator voices are only from the English VAs. If you want the JPN VAs you'll need the Asia Japanese version of the game.

Hybrid897

Just picked this up, playing knight but found some S-rank stuff for different classes, can I give the loot to other characters I make?

Qvoth

No, the narrator voices are only from the English VAs. If you want the JPN VAs you'll need the Asia Japanese version of the game.

goddamit
anybody got the alternate VA item drop yet? the thing that sells for 1 million gold?
anybody knows it's the english or japanese VA?

Played for a few hours last night with the roomate. Game is very fun and the artwork is amazing. Can't wait to get back to it tonight!

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I've already had one of those 'oh fuck its been 3 hours already' moments. Playing the Wizard is awesome, but i notice whenever i have another one in my party the game is a bit too easy. Im about four hours in and i died roughly 3 times..and one of those was cause I wasnt paying attention.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Just got done
Getting the scepter back from Tommit and fighting the giant Harpy boss
. This game has some challenge to it for sure.

Tizoc

Hopefully gonna start the game over this weekend, I'm gonna use Amazon, so I'd like to know what combos she has right off the bat and how I should upgrade her skills.

Tokubetsu

Just got done
Getting the scepter back from Tommit and fighting the giant Harpy boss
. This game has some challenge to it for sure.

Not really, thats a stupid easy fight once you learn the pattern. Evasion is really important in this. Don't commit to long combos unless they're not paying attention to (they're wailing on an ally) and they're not about to do some AOE/screen wide attack.

-PXG-

Hopefully gonna start the game over this weekend, I'm gonna use Amazon, so I'd like to know what combos she has right off the bat and how I should upgrade her skills.

She's seems slow at first but once you acquire skills and figure her out, she's a beast.

Dive kicks, launches and ass for days. Amazon all day, erryday

Naar

I have a question about Cross Save and it might be self explanatory but I don't have a Vita yet so I just wanted to make sure.

Since there is no cross buy for this game I have to buy both Vita and PS3 separately. I have a PS3 only right now but plan to buy a Vita very soon. If I play on PS3 and save do I have to upload the save using PS+ or through USB/memory or what?

And can I play on Vita using this save, say while traveling, and continue where I left of on PS3 when I am back home?

I am sure the answer is yes to all the above, but just wanted to be extra sure!

Just started playing last night with the Dwarf and had a blast. I can't wait to get back to it tonight. Gotta keep looking for those sparklies!

Volcynika

I just went through the level and didn't find anything, so can anyone help point me into what I'm supposed to do for the Ship Sleuthing sidequest?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
People who were saying Elf was not overpowered are crazy. As long as you can evade properly she's like the most insane class in the game.

Hence why every lobby is like all elves (╯︵╰,)

I just went through the level and didn't find anything, so can anyone help point me into what I'm supposed to do for the Ship Sleuthing sidequest?

There's a room with pirates in the ship and once you kill them, there's a banner / flag that you have to click on.

Nymphae

Banned
Picked up my preorder for Vita last night. This game is pretty awesome all around & I'm having a blast, but there are a couple of things that are bugging me.

The controls could be better. I really don't like having to press forward and square to run (and the walking animation is slooooooooooow), as it ends in an attack whenever I want to stop running. On Vita, couldn't dash have been on the L shoulder button, which isn't used as far as I can tell? For the most part the controls work, but they don't feel as tight as they could be.

Also, I've heard it's possible to solo levels. How the hell do I do this? I revived a set of bones because the story made me, and now the character always teleports into dungenos when I go by myself, even if I don't add them to my party. This happens with as many characters as I revive, and I can't get rid of them. I want to delete these revived characters completely, can I do this?

Volcynika

I have a question about Cross Save and it might be self explanatory but I don't have a Vita yet so I just wanted to make sure.

Since there is no cross buy for this game I have to buy both Vita and PS3 separately. I have a PS3 only right now but plan to buy a Vita very soon. If I play on PS3 and save do I have to upload the save using PS+ or through USB/memory or what?

And can I play on Vita using this save, say while traveling, and continue where I left of on PS3 when I am back home?

I am sure the answer is yes to all the above, but just wanted to be extra sure!

There is an upload save and download save option on the main menu. Upload when you want to make it available for your PS3/Vita and download on the platform you want to play on. The only obvious restriction is that it has to be the same PSN ID uploading/downloading. I uploaded my save from PS3 last night, and then downloaded and continued on my Vita this morning. I have PS+ but I'm 99.99999% sure this doesn't require PS+ membership, because the fact you upload saves "into the cloud" is a separate option entirely.

Bombless

Is the Japanese narrator voices dlc compatible with the US version of the game? Ie would it be possible to buy the dlc on the japanese psn and use it with a US copy?

MrBS

So damn good on Vita. It's going to be interesting to see how the lack of touch screen effects my enjoyment of the PS3 version once my copy arrives in the mail. I'm sure 1080p glory will help.

Naar

Cool thanks.

1 more thing. I remember is Peace Walker if you transfer a save then it becomes locked until you transfer it back.

Is this the same on Dragons Crown?

Usobuko

Banned
Is there a credible skill calculator for this game? It took me by some surprise when some skills require 2-3 skill points, guess that's what happened when I'm on partial media black out. The extra inventory slot is neat for the buff skills.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
game is way better than i thought it would be.

looks gorgeous on the Vita, i need a really good vita wallpaper w/ a "hole" for my DC icon.

i tried out the amazon, didn't care for her, switched to Elf and i'm really diggin the gameplay. and skills i need to have to make her even more mobile? i want gameplay to be frantic as hell.

kind of wish i could run up/down and sprint didn't end in an attack but i'll get used to it.

any Vitabros who know me and want to co op: add me on psn !

cool_calm_jon

LimeD3

Neo Member
Picked up my preorder for Vita last night. This game is pretty awesome all around & I'm having a blast, but there are a couple of things that are bugging me.

The controls could be better. I really don't like having to press forward and square to run (and the walking animation is slooooooooooow), as it ends in an attack whenever I want to stop running. On Vita, couldn't dash have been on the L shoulder button, which isn't used as far as I can tell? For the most part the controls work, but they don't feel as tight as they could be.

I used to have this problem which was especially troublesome because I played elf, which meant I wasted a lot of arrows if I used the circle button. After testing out different combinations of the controls I discovered that the proper way to stop your character from running is to move the right analog to the centre position to stop moving BEFORE lifting your finger off the circle or square. This makes you stop moving completely rather than execute the forward charge attack. I definitely feel like there could've been a better way to dash, (i.e. a dedicated dash button) but once you get used to it, its not really *that* bad.

Andrew.

Banned
I get major Fable vibes from the narrator.

Also the soundtrack is utterly beautiful. It's just so elegant, precise and perfect. Sakimoto nailed it out of the park.

Im rollin with a Fighter and only got just past Stage 2 with the first two sidequests complete. Taking my time and trying to get that trophy for not getting hit within a level. Harder than it seems.

Stainless

You guys, and this OT psyched me up for the game, so yesterday after work, I determined that I had to get the game and hop aboard the hype train.

Called 2 Gamestop's within 10 miles of my house, neither had the game. Grace put the update out pretty early, it seems, so I was struggling and debating to get a physical copy or dd since the file size was only 1.3GB! (I try to get physical media whenever I can, and DD psn games or classics that I can't get physically, to conserve hdd space)

Called Play N' Trade and they had the game, so I went to pick it up. Had never bought anything there. They were really cool and even gave me the art book for the game and a store coupon book for purchases and trades. They had a lot of older stuff. Very cool.

Had to run a dungeon in Neverwinter with my friends, but I quickly logged so I could get to Dragon's Crown.

Did the 1.3GB install from the disc, and rolled fighter. Taking some getting used to. I couldn't figure out how to equip/swap items for the longest time.
I'm about 2.5 hrs in at the part where you have to go find the guildmaster

The game is gorgeous. I'm definitely going to download Odin Sphere.

Tokubetsu

All the girl's got bit because there was too much shit on screen and I couldn't tell I was't charging my mana enough. ='(

Turned off the subtitles to fully appreciate this epic narrator.

DigitalOp

Banned
I only got a little taste of the game before bed, Still I was heavily impressed.

So glad to finally have it in my hands.

I plan to pick up the PS3 version as well when it's cheaper in price later on.

In the meantime, Ill be playing on Vita and I'll see you all online.

Thread Subbed

so if I join up with a friend, the host is the one in charge of what quests and what areas we go to? If I complete a side quest with him that I have yet to do on my game, do I get credit on my file as well or just mere spoils and xp?

Pejo

Dug into this game proper last night. Played a little of the knight, amazon, and sorc, and then played a lot of the wizard. Overall, I absolutely love the game. I'm definitely going into it grind heavy though, until i am S class across the board for gear (which is probably stupid since you seem to outlevel equipment really fast). I feel they really loaded up the square button for no good reason, and hate the "hold square to dash" thing, but otherwise the controls feel great. Not sure how i feel about additional spells coming as items in an already limited inventory. Really stinks not being able to change equipment mid-level too. I'd love to be able to switch between fire/ice/lightning rods on the fly.

All that negativity aside, i'm having so much fun playing the game and learning how to combo, manage MP, and grinding grinding grinding. I played the first 3 levels for like 3 hours total so far just getting skills, levels and gear.

A few questions: Is there a way to reset skill points later? I think i bought a few skills that i'll never use/don't like. Also, is there a point in the story where local co-op becomes available (PS3 version)? I was trying to figure out how to play with a friend last night but nothing i was doing seemed to work, so I assumed it's "tutorial locked" somehow.

Top Bottom