• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen |OT| deep down darkness

Mutombo

Then again, what good is all your awesome level 3 gear if you've all but finished the game? Carry over everything to a new game + on Hard?

IvorB

Then again, what good is all your awesome level 3 gear if you've all but finished the game? Carry over everything to a new game + on Hard?

It's kind of stupid but I don't want to finish up with the gear I have. I really don't like the way my character is looking right now. I don't want to leave it like this. I know my time with this game is almost done. I'm almost at the end of the line.

It annoys me that my pawn looks like the dog's bollocks and I've got some cobbled together sh*t which is effective but doesn't really look that great. Will probably leave it to be honest. Farming second-form Diamon doesn't really sound like a feasible thing to do just for ego. I'll defnitely give it one more go though, for completeness.

Thanks for the intel, mate. I was worried you were gonna say that.
I tried second form Daimon a couple of times but didn't really make much headway. First form is no problem but the second form I could do hardly any damage on and his annoying spectral smacks just kill me.

I've played pure Sorceror build all the way through and still pretty happy with it. It destroys everything I have encountered so far except the second form of our friend. Not sure how feasible it is to switch to ranger now with f**k all stamina and no idea how the class even works. Hmm... gonna try Diamon again soon and see if a few extra levels have made any difference.

Hmm, I hardly ever played as a Sorcerer (only to Dragonforge specific weapons/gear) but since you have a high magic attack, you could probably make that strategy work by switching to Magick Archer.

For skills, use Sixfold, Explosive Bolts, and Hunter Bolt -- then, just use the magic boosting periapts (Demon?) and you should be good to go. If you fire off Hunter Bolt when standing at his feet and looking up, you can get all the bolts to hit him right in the chest and you can stunlock him like that. If you have a ring/band that boosts Sixfold to Ninefold, that will definitely do damage.

You probably don't have the magic bow you get from Grigori, and Dragon's Tempest (with lightning enchantment) is the best one you can find on BBI, except for the one you get from Daimon. There's a merchant in the Everfall that sells a good one, I believe he's in the Chamber of Remorse (5th one down), or maybe the Chamber of Estrangement (10th one down). It'd be best to have whatever bow you use rarified to silver, at least.

Even though you can use a mage's staff and the bow, I'd recommend using daggers for the roll ability so you can dodge all his spectral attacks and hit him with Hundred Kisses when he's on the floor.

I've had some luck getting Lv3 armor from a chest right before Daimon. Right before you go over the bridge with the living armors or eliminators, turn to the left and climb over a wall to get to a chest along the edge of the ground.

Just got this game from PS+. Simply adore it. Just did the Witch Hunt quest. I'm going for the warrior class but right now I'm a fighter.

Have a couple of questions:

1) Why is Hard mode so cheap? Seriously everything would one hit me (even a goblin) or stagger me which would then result in me getting killed. Dropped it for normal mode.

2) How do you know when you going to get staggered by a hit? I have the starting off shield and I'm not getting staggered by great swords lol. On hard I would get staggered by normal swords.

3) Are the contents of a chest random or are their rare chests that are more likely to give rare stuff?

4) I see gifts when talking to some NPC's? Romance? Does it matter, can't be bothered with it right now, but do I loose romancing options if I don't start early?

Game is a real beauty too.

IvorB

Just got this game from PS+. Simply adore it. Just did the Witch Hunt quest. I'm going for the warrior class but right now I'm a fighter.

Have a couple of questions:

1) Why is Hard mode so cheap? Seriously everything would one hit me (even a goblin) or stagger me which would then result in me getting killed. Dropped it for normal mode.

2) How do you know when you going to get staggered by a hit? I have the starting off shield and I'm not getting staggered by great swords lol. On hard I would get staggered by normal swords.

3) Are the contents of a chest random or are their rare chests that are more likely to give rare stuff?

4) I see gifts when talking to some NPC's? Romance? Does it matter, can't be bothered with it right now, but do I loose romancing options if I don't start early?

Game is a real beauty too.

It is incredibly easy to be ninja romanced in this game. You should be careful. You will be amazed at some of the romance options you can stumble across. My advice to you is to identify a romance target early game and make it happen. If you don't you may end up with a bad result at the end as I did.

IvorB

Hmm, I hardly ever played as a Sorcerer (only to Dragonforge specific weapons/gear) but since you have a high magic attack, you could probably make that strategy work by switching to Magick Archer.

For skills, use Sixfold, Explosive Bolts, and Hunter Bolt -- then, just use the magic boosting periapts (Demon?) and you should be good to go. If you fire off Hunter Bolt when standing at his feet and looking up, you can get all the bolts to hit him right in the chest and you can stunlock him like that. If you have a ring/band that boosts Sixfold to Ninefold, that will definitely do damage.

You probably don't have the magic bow you get from Grigori, and Dragon's Tempest (with lightning enchantment) is the best one you can find on BBI, except for the one you get from Daimon. There's a merchant in the Everfall that sells a good one, I believe he's in the Chamber of Remorse (5th one down), or maybe the Chamber of Estrangement (10th one down). It'd be best to have whatever bow you use rarified to silver, at least.

Even though you can use a mage's staff and the bow, I'd recommend using daggers for the roll ability so you can dodge all his spectral attacks and hit him with Hundred Kisses when he's on the floor.

Yeah I have gone mage -> sorceror and haven't switched on that even once. So my magic is incredibly potent but everything else is weak, especially stamina.

I wonder if a class switch now might be a great thing. Because I am on a rinse-and-repeat cycle right now with everything so maybe this will freshen things up. I did plan to try a new class but I was digging Sorceror too much. Level 115 is a bit late to be switching but what the hey. I've got loads of weapons stashed so probably something I could use.

Problem is though, if I manage to do this and I get a bunch of level 3 gear for archer how does that really help me? Ideally I need sorc gear unless I switch to magic archer permanently. Is the gear totally random?

Yeah I have gone mage -> sorceror and haven't switched on that even once. So my magic is incredibly potent but everything else is weak, especially stamina.

I wonder if a class switch now might be a great thing. Because I am on a rinse-and-repeat cycle right now with everything so maybe this will freshen things up. I did plan to try a new class but I was digging Sorceror too much. Level 115 is a bit late to be switching but what the hey. I've got loads of weapons stashed so probably something I could use.

Problem is though, if I manage to do this and I get a bunch of level 3 gear for archer how does that really help me? Ideally I need sorc gear unless I switch to magic archer permanently. Is the gear totally random?

Cursed items aren't decided what they are until you purify them, and what they are is dependent on you and your pawn's vocation when purifying.

If you have a lvl3 armor piece to purify, you can get 3 different results. There's a color-coded system in place for the vocations:

Fighter/Warrior = Red
Mage, Sorcerer = Blue
Strider, Ranger = Yellow
Mystic Knight = Red/Blue
Assassin = Yellow/Red
Magick Archer = Yellow/Blue

So if you are a Sorcerer and your pawn is a Fighter when you purify a lvl3 armor piece, it will pull from the Red/Blue pool, giving you either armor for Red or Blue; but if you were both Sorcerers when purifying, it would only pull from the Blue stuff. It works the same way for weapons and gear, as well.

This way, you can play and collect all the items as one vocation and switch to another right before purification. You don't always get what you want though; you could both be Sorcerers when purifying but the game can still give you a Mage's staff instead of a Sorcerer's.

Just beat Daimon first time. As an Assassin you should use instant reset+masterful kill to counter direct attacks, carry conqueror's periapt and use them in batch of four then use your bow and go with mighty bemd aiming at his head. He'll be down in 10 mimutes.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but pawns are more like an hindrance on the isle: enemies are too strong for them and they get down in a matter of seconds. I wish I could give direct orders especially to mages and sorcerers since from my experience they always stand still while I do all the hard work (though every now and then they cast Maelstrom and wreck everything on the screen and all is forgiven :3 )

The ost in this game is insanely good, when the fight with Daimon started I turned up the volume of my amp and enjoyed the show. So glad I subbed for PS+ just in time for this gem.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Is this currently on EU PS+ IGC?

edit: I have a free month, so I was thinking about using it to play the DA expansion. If so, what's the file size? Thanks.

Mentok

Banned
I had the option of buying this or borderlands 2 with dlc today. Yes, I know they're completely different games, but I wanted a fun RPG and narrowed it down to those 2. Bought this, hoping I'll like it (the demo was fun but very short)!

pje122

So I found the 20 wakestones in Everfall and opened the portal at the bottom. Do I jump through it now and wrap things up? Should I go to that new BBI place that came with the DLC first?

Siegmeyer

Really enjoyed DD last year,and am now playing through again thanks to PS+. Am glad I decided to pop my head in this thread as I'm about 30 hours in and just read about the Eternal Ferrystone. So useful. I'd been stocking up on Ferrystones every time I was in Grand Soren. Was there a prompt at the start telling me about it? Kinda annoying to miss it so easily.

Also, are server problems common with anyone else? Had no problems last year, but keep timing out on this version. I've only had my Pawn enlisted once, and I'm lvl 45ish.

So I found the 20 wakestones in Everfall and opened the portal at the bottom. Do I jump through it now and wrap things up? Should I go to that new BBI place that came with the DLC first?

You can go to BrittleBack Isle on a NewGame+: you'll have to complete the first quests though (that means you have to kill the Hydra and get access to Grand Soren then you can use ferrystones or use the lady at night in Cassardis). The story on BrittleBack is completely separated from the main and has new enemies, music, equipment, etc.

[..] Eternal Ferrystone. So useful. I'd been stocking up on Ferrystones every time I was in Grand Soren. Was there a prompt at the start telling me about it? Kinda annoying to miss it so easily.

Also, are server problems common with anyone else? Had no problems last year, but keep timing out on this version. I've only had my Pawn enlisted once, and I'm lvl 45ish.

How can I get one? I've already completed the game once but I never got it.

I never had any problems with servers, even though my sorcerer (Thundertits) hasn't been enlisted once :(

pje122

You can go to BrittleBack Isle on a NewGame+: you'll have to complete the first quests though (that means you have to kill the Hydra and get access to Grand Soren then you can use ferrystones or use the lady at night in Cassardis). The story on BrittleBack is completely separated from the main and has new enemies, music, equipment, etc.
Hmm... OK so just wrap things up for now?
Do I get to keep all my items, equipment, skills, etc. for New Game+ ? Do I still get to keep my pawn?

IvorB

Cursed items aren't decided what they are until you purify them, and what they are is dependent on you and your pawn's vocation when purifying.

If you have a lvl3 armor piece to purify, you can get 3 different results. There's a color-coded system in place for the vocations:

Fighter/Warrior = Red
Mage, Sorcerer = Blue
Strider, Ranger = Yellow
Mystic Knight = Red/Blue
Assassin = Yellow/Red
Magick Archer = Yellow/Blue

So if you are a Sorcerer and your pawn is a Fighter when you purify a lvl3 armor piece, it will pull from the Red/Blue pool, giving you either armor for Red or Blue; but if you were both Sorcerers when purifying, it would only pull from the Blue stuff. It works the same way for weapons and gear, as well.

This way, you can play and collect all the items as one vocation and switch to another right before purification. You don't always get what you want though; you could both be Sorcerers when purifying but the game can still give you a Mage's staff instead of a Sorcerer's.

Wow that's really great intel. Thanks! That would explain why all my level 3 gear has been stuff for my pawn or mage stuff :-(.

So the solution is to farm a boss I haven't even been able to put a scratch on, using a class I've never touched before with gear I don't even have. Sounds great! :)

I was checking out magic archer on the wikki and it seems like it could be good fun to play for a while. So I will definitely give this a spin. And of course it will be great to kill Diamon's second form for completeness.

Don't know if you can get one just from the main game, but if you had a save file from the disc version then it gives you one automatically, even if you start a new save file.

This must be the reason then, I only played DA from PS+.

Hmm... OK so just wrap things up for now?
Do I get to keep all my items, equipment, skills, etc. for New Game+ ? Do I still get to keep my pawn?

Yes, you keep everything, pawn included. You have to withdraw things from your inventory and that's it.

When you start Brittleblack be sure to stack on curatives and strength (or magic if your main char is magick based) enhancher periapts and use them in stacks of four: you'll take down bosses in a matter of minutes.

I wish the game for Newgame+ had at least a mode for trying out other classes without having to grind. I've used mainly Assassin because I can't live without reset+counter but I'm kinda curious about the others, mainly magick archer and knight. Let's hope it'll be in DD2.

Wow that's really great intel. Thanks! That would explain why all my level 3 gear has been stuff for my pawn or mage stuff :-(.

So the solution is to farm a boss I haven't even been able to put a scratch on, using a class I've never touched before with gear I don't even have. Sounds great! :)

I was checking out magic archer on the wikki and it seems like it could be good fun to play for a while. So I will definitely give this a spin. And of course it will be great to kill Diamon's second form for completeness.

When you put it like that, lol.

There are chests scattered around in all 3 stratums (only on your 2nd run) that give lvl3 armor, gear and novelties; two in the area where you find the first prisoner GoreCyclops chained up (at the very top of the room, and at the bottom in the bone cave, across the bridge). It's just that once you're able to kill Daimon in less than 10min, that becomes the fastest way to get stuff.

For Magick Archer, Ricochet Hunter destroys everything in tight spaces -- Living Armors, Eliminators, Elder Ogres -- all get wrecked.

Ended up downloading this after it became available on PS+, took a bit of time for me to really start enjoying it but after finishing my first playthrough I'm quite psyched.

I started a NG+ on Hardmode with my 75 Sorcerer, gonna try to get back to BBI as soon as possible to have some more fun there.

Shame that you can't make more than one character though, I'd have liked to play a Ranger. I guess I could switch vocations, but I'm worried it'll end up gimping my character too much.

Somax

Argh, had to delete the game data because of a "failed to load game data" crash that kept on happening while going towards the catacombs in one of the wyrm hunt quests.

Waiting for the redownload and reinstall is going to be painful, sigh.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
So, I'm 10 hours in more or less, I just did the mission to know more about the Pawn's Guild the capital, and the guy
opened a chamber that goes down under the city
. Also did many secondary quests.

And, does the game get better? I mean, I'm having some fun, but for now it's not really great. Maybe I'm missing something that will make me enjoy the game more...
I'm an Assassin (from a Strider).

For now it's just... pretty bland. The story hasn't really kicked off(I hope it will), the gameplay it's ok.

The framerate it's just terrible, it really makes the game much harder to enjoy.

So I just got this off of PS+ and must say that my first impressions is that it is very hard!

Even on normal mode! I actually like a challenging game once in a while and it's kind off fun to come back to an enemy you had problems with before and just slaughter his/her/it's ass!

Only a couple of hours in, but must say it looks to be a fun journey. If any of you have some tips for a newbie please do tell.

And, does the game get better? I mean, I'm having some fun, but for now it's not really great. Maybe I'm missing something that will make me enjoy the game more...
I'm an Assassin (from a Strider).

For now it's just... pretty bland. The story hasn't really kicked off(I hope it will), the gameplay it's ok.

Try to consider quests as an excsuse to explore the map. I don't know how many hours I've lost wandering just to discover new enemies or locations. You said gameplay is good and that's why I'm making this suggestion, because the same thing happened to me: I definitely wanted to know more about the dragon but there's so much to discover and so many encounters to kill that before even having access to the noble quarters I had explored most of the map. And even when I thought I had explored most of the map the game kept throwing quests that made me find new areas Like BlueMoon tower or the Greatwall.

I don't know your level but as an Assassin myself I can't live without Masterful Kill+Reset. Try Magic Archer if you don't want to lose your bow or Magic Knight to spice things up a little bit.

Siegmeyer

Can someone here clarify how Post Game, NG+ and Bitterblack Isle work together?

I played the disc version last year but for whatever reason didn't finish it (I got as far as
that hole opening up in Grand Soren sqaure and I cleared a couple of rooms)

Now I'm playing DA, and I have most of the main quest finished I think, but want some info that isn't imediately obvious from the Wiki, and I'm trying to avoid spoliers as best I can

What is 'Post-Game'?. Is this something between the main game and a NG+? Or just another phrase for NG+?

I also popped my head in BBI for the first time yesterday. I'm a lvl 50 Magic Archer but it seems pretty challenging. I'm debating going to finish the main quest in the hope of getting better gear, but does that mean if I enter BBI after the main quest, I'll be tackling a NG+ version of BBI? In which case I should do BBI and then the main quest? Or does it not matter?

Any help much appreciated.

Can someone here clarify how Post Game, NG+ and Bitterblack Isle work together?

• You can access BitterBlack at any time by using the woman at night on the shores of Cassardis. BrittleBlack story is completely disconnected from the mainline. After you defeat the main boss of the Isle, Daimon, the Isle changes the respawn of the creatures and the locations of the chests but the difficulty remain the same because the enemies level doesn't scale with yours. After you beat Daimon a second time you may consider to have completed BitterBlack isle.
  • Post Game happens after you beat the dragon: you think the game has ended? Fuck no, you still have to complete Everfall to get the ending. You can still travel anywhere on the map during Post Game but you'll notice some changes like the sky turned black and enemies are more dangerous and some npc moves their locations.
  • NewGame+ is the mode you unlock when you complete Everfall and completed the game. you start from the beginning while retaining all your items, skill, gold, etc. You'll have to get access to Grand Soren (that means you have to transport the Hydra head to the capital) before being able to use ferrystones and also get to BitterBlack. The level of the enemies doesn't scale with yours in NG+.

More info at the wiki page for NewGame+, Post Game and BitterBlack Isle.

Siegmeyer

Thanks Alessandro. Think I'll go and open up the Everfall then in hope of some better loot then, I've had this damn Master's Merle bow for ages now.

I've finished all the missions in the hometown city and now I really don't know what to do. I trying to head to Gran Soren but some soldiers won't let me through a Waycastle blocking the way. Can someone help me out ?

Slygmous

I've finished all the missions in the hometown city and now I really don't know what to do. I trying to head to Gran Soren but some soldiers won't let me through a Waycastle blocking the way. Can someone help me out ?
There's something you need to do at the encampment first. Make sure you've spoken to everybody there.

IvorB

When you put it like that, lol.

There are chests scattered around in all 3 stratums (only on your 2nd run) that give lvl3 armor, gear and novelties; two in the area where you find the first prisoner GoreCyclops chained up (at the very top of the room, and at the bottom in the bone cave, across the bridge). It's just that once you're able to kill Daimon in less than 10min, that becomes the fastest way to get stuff.

For Magick Archer, Ricochet Hunter destroys everything in tight spaces -- Living Armors, Eliminators, Elder Ogres -- all get wrecked.

Yeah what could go wrong? He he. Cool, man. Gonna screw around with magic archer for a while I think. You've inspired me. Maybe I can get some more mileage out of this game 'cause I was getting a bit burnt out on sorc combat as much as I love it. I think I've done it justice for now. I'll switch back when I head to Everfall to finally finish this.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
So I have been playing Demons Souls lately, is this game anything like that? Looks really great imo.

derwalde

Ok, im post-game dungeon crawling through everfall right now for the first time and im a little bit confused.

how many stages are there? unlimited and randomised? what about the locked gates, can i open them? in what order should i progress through the stages? why do i have to keep smashing on a hydra for 10 minutes until its dead? why is the ur-dragon suddenly there? why is everything so goddamn strong (lvl 50)? what is the purpose? are the chest randomised? why is the loot so shitty?

im having tons of questionsmarks over my head right now. i heard BBI should be even harder, so im staying away from that right now.

Essay

So I have been playing Demons Souls lately, is this game anything like that? Looks really great imo.

I'm playing both these days, and I wouldn't say they have too much in common, but I love them both for their own reasons.

Combat in this game isn't usually as high-risk and doesn't reward patient study and footsies as much as Demon's Souls. It's more about flash/intensity/sick animations, and gets decided more by your reaction-time, character level, item management and AI helpers. When it gets hard, it usually means that you're trying to tackle a new area improperly-equipped or at too low a level, versus DeS, where it's usually more on your knowledge of the level and enemies' patterns.

That said, the combat has a lot of nice touches and is a great escape, feeling fast and responsive like Devil May Cry, with fun archery and the option of Shadow-of-the-Colossus-style monster-climbing. Most of all, this game is awesome for throwing you in against different boss-level monsters over and over again, especially once you get through the slightly-sluggish main story, which is a pretty great feeling to experience.

The character-creator is a lot of fun, and the AI-controlled pawn you create in addition to your character gets put out there for others to see, adventure with and rate, which I particularly enjoy. Be warned, that's the only multiplayer element, so it can't really compare to Souls games in that respect.

Morfeo

I'm playing both these days, and I wouldn't say they have too much in common, but I love them both for their own reasons.

Combat in this game isn't usually as high-risk and doesn't reward patient study and footsies as much as Demon's Souls. It's more about flash/intensity/sick animations, and gets decided more by your reaction-time, character level, item management and AI helpers. When it gets hard, it usually means that you're trying to tackle a new area improperly-equipped or at too low a level, versus DeS, where it's usually more on your knowledge of the level and enemies' patterns.

That said, the combat has a lot of nice touches and is a great escape, feeling fast and responsive like Devil May Cry, with fun archery and the option of Shadow-of-the-Colossus-style monster-climbing. Most of all, this game is awesome for throwing you in against different boss-level monsters over and over again, especially once you get through the slightly-sluggish main story, which is a pretty great feeling to experience.

The character-creator is a lot of fun, and the AI-controlled pawn you create in addition to your character gets put out there for others to see, adventure with and rate, which I particularly enjoy. Be warned, that's the only multiplayer element, so it can't really compare to Souls games in that respect.

Thanks! Doesnt sound quite like I ha hoped, but still good, so will definitely pick it up and play it when I have finished Demons Souls (have two levels left). Is there a particular version that is preferable? 360 or PS3?

Essay

Thanks! Doesnt sound quite like I ha hoped, but still good, so will definitely pick it up and play it when I have finished Demons Souls (have two levels left). Is there a particular version that is preferable? 360 or PS3?

If want the full digital-download, PS3 is your only option. For 360 Dark Arisen is only available in disk form. I'm assuming PS3 is getting an influx of new players right now because this game is currently featured on PS+. Not really sure which is the more active version though. It looks like the 360 DD board on GameFAQs moves faster, if that's a sign of anything.

And if you get it on 360, I'll let you rent my pawn. :D

Great game, i have it with PS+.

I'm just playing a couple of hours. Does the game have fast travel? and when i forgot to save must start the whole area over..

Yes, there is fast travel in Dragon's Dogma:
0VwXiR6.jpg

Morfeo

If want the full digital-download, PS3 is your only option. For 360 Dark Arisen is only available in disk form. I'm assuming PS3 is getting an influx of new players right now because this game is currently featured on PS+. Not really sure which is the more active version though. It looks like the 360 DD board on GameFAQs moves faster, if that's a sign of anything.

And if you get it on 360, I'll let you rent my pawn. :D

Im always going retail anyways (and my PS3 harddrive is really small as well), so 360 it is then I guess. Time to look for some sweet deals I guess :) Oh, and thanks for the Pawn offer - but isnt it part of the experience to make it yourself?

derwalde

Ok, im post-game dungeon crawling through everfall right now for the first time and im a little bit confused.

how many stages are there? unlimited and randomised? what about the locked gates, can i open them? in what order should i progress through the stages? why do i have to keep smashing on a hydra for 10 minutes until its dead? why is the ur-dragon suddenly there? why is everything so goddamn strong (lvl 50)? what is the purpose? are the chest randomised? why is the loot so shitty?

im having tons of questionsmarks over my head right now. i heard BBI should be even harder, so im staying away from that right now.

anyone? :*(

If you're having fun against some of the more challenging rooms in the Everfall, stay there awhile. If not, run directly to BBI and don't look back. Getting loot from Everfall is a horrible experience. Basically, maybe half of the chests you see will possibly have good loot. For those chests, each has maybe 5 or 6 possible pieces of equipment, each with a 5% or 2% chance of dropping. You know, just forget it. Go to BBI. You can find a good amount of Everfall loot towards the end of the first strata of BBI anyway.

Essay

Im always going retail anyways (and my PS3 harddrive is really small as well), so 360 it is then I guess. Time to look for some sweet deals I guess :) Oh, and thanks for the Pawn offer - but isnt it part of the experience to make it yourself?

You make one of your own as your personal body-guard, and then you get to rent up to two others from people to adventure with, and switch up whenever you see fit. ^_^

Mentok

Banned
I'm in love with this game! Sure there are some technical issues (frame rate and pop-in), but it's a LOT of fun. My only gripe is the fast travel system (which I honestly haven't figured out yet...call me newb), and the pawns not shutting up. But both of those are no big deal. I don't know how well this sold, but I'm really hoping they make a sequel.

anyone? :*(

- There are 15 chambers in the Everfall, they are not random.
- Locked gates cannot be opened.
- You can progress through the Everfall in any order, some chambers are easy, some much harder.
- The Archydra is a great fight, you fight it because boss monsters drop wakestones and rare materials.
- The Ur-Dragon is the ultimate enemy outside of anything on BBI; defeating it (online) gives you 20 wakestones and some the best gear outside of BBI. Defeating it offline is much easier but you lose out on the Abyssnal Armor (but you'll find better stuff in BBI).
- Everything is strong to provide you with a challenge, I guess. :p
- The purpose is gameplay (challenge) and story related.
- Chests are not randomized.
- Loot is shitty because all of the good loot has a really low drop rate (2-5%). You can save before opening one, then use the Godbane blade if it gives you crap, but you'll find those same items (and better ones) in BBI.

Keep running the Everfall until you can kill the Ur-Dragon (offline) without too much trouble, then head over to BBI.

BBI can be kind of easy, or frustratingly hard depending on your vocation; I feel Magick Archers have the easiest time with 95% of the enemies you'll find there.

derwalde

- There are 15 chambers in the Everfall, they are not random.
- Locked gates cannot be opened.
- You can progress through the Everfall in any order, some chambers are easy, some much harder.
- The Archydra is a great fight, you fight it because boss monsters drop wakestones and rare materials.
- The Ur-Dragon is the ultimate enemy outside of anything on BBI; defeating it (online) gives you 20 wakestones and some the best gear outside of BBI. Defeating it offline is much easier but you lose out on the Abyssnal Armor (but you'll find better stuff in BBI).
- Everything is strong to provide you with a challenge, I guess. :p
- The purpose is gameplay (challenge) and story related.
- Chests are not randomized.
- Loot is shitty because all of the good loot has a really low drop rate (2-5%). You can save before opening one, then use the Godbane blade if it gives you crap, but you'll find those same items (and better ones) in BBI.

Keep running the Everfall until you can kill the Ur-Dragon (offline) without too much trouble, then head over to BBI.

BBI can be kind of easy, or frustratingly hard depending on your vocation; I feel Magick Archers have the easiest time with 95% of the enemies you'll find there.

Thank you very much. Well i played fighter/warrior/assasin for the last 50 levels, i guess its to late to switch to MA since my magic damage should be very low.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Finally ready to properly fire up the game for the first time (I actually preordered a copy and got mine on Day1, all I've done since then was checking out the first 15 minutes of the game, lol), never played DD before. Is there something I should keep in mind to enjoy it more from the beginning, I dunno like be wary of some specific early fuckup, don't do that, don't waste exp/items for this or that or "right way to play it" kinda deal?

Top Bottom