• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen |OT| deep down darkness

About to start playing this.
Trying to avoid spoilers, but is it worth adding a bunch of GAF PSN IDs early on for gameplay purposes ? As I understand, you can "summon" other peoples character ?

ZenaxPure

Would be awesome if you could swing some of that level 3 kit my way. PSN id is Ivor_Biguns. Would be much appreciated. :). Also take my pawn for a spin if you are so inclined.

I'll add you and toss some stuff your way later tonight.

Trying to avoid spoilers, but is it worth adding a bunch of GAF PSN IDs early on for gameplay purposes ? As I understand, you can "summon" other peoples character ?

You can, but, honestly most people still posting in this thread are rocking high level pawns that would probably break the game for you. There are a few people still just starting out though if they ever pop their head in here.

Well I was summoning some level 200 pawns and all of them are AI. Its weird unless its intentional. I know there are a bunch of level 200 pawns out there.
I tried magic archer and my base magic is 258 lol. Once I put my magic augments and gold dragonforged blackwing bow, it was doing pretty good damage. I don't take a bar off with each shot unless I happen to hit their weak spot and that's more dependant on the monster's size. Magic Archers eat Living Armor for breakfast. Even with just 3 stars upgrade and no magic augments, it does a ton of damage to them.
I used the Wyrmking's ring. I don't know if it helps with my ninefold bolt. What other good bow spells they have available? All I use it ninefold bolt.

Might go back to ranger. I run past the Living Armors anyway.

Lol, ZenaxPure, I gifted you bitterblack level 3 weapon. I thought you needed those.
Well, will do some Daimon runs some other time. Tired for today. Death needs to drop his bone lantern and those giant geosaurians need to drop the ironblack pelts. Stupid RNG.

ZenaxPure

I used the Wyrmking's ring. I don't know if it helps with my ninefold bolt. What other good bow spells they have available? All I use it ninefold bolt.

Might go back to ranger. I run past the Living Armors anyway.

Lol, ZenaxPure, I gifted you bitterblack level 3 weapon. I thought you needed those.
Well, will do some Daimon runs some other time. Tired for today. Death needs to drop his bone lantern and those giant geosaurians need to drop the ironblack pelts. Stupid RNG.

I think I have some spare bone lanterns if you need one.

As for magic bow abilities, all of them have their uses. I run with Ninefold/Ricochet/Vortex myself. Ricochet does more damage for less stamina in small rooms or corridors (for example that gorecyclops that spawns in the sewer like area before the fallen city I can kill literally in seconds with ricochet) and vortex makes all the trash in BBI laughably easy (living armor/eliminators are not immune to it so you can trap them and sit back and shoot them). But like I said, the others have their uses as well.

And don't worry about sending me a weapon haha, I will just pass it on to someone else that needs it. The only items I need right now are trophy pants, and a few level 3 armor items (mostly gloves).

Shengar

You can add, but many have infinite leveled pawn that will sucked out much of your EXP. Even on Hard, with a high level Pawn with you the amount exp gained is close to base EXP of Normal mode. On Hard, an ogre or cyclops worth 5000 EXP with high leveled pawn, but almost whooping 12500 EXP if you took lowered level Pawn. The difference is astounding. So in other way, playing on Hard mode with high leveled pawn only rewards you with a bunch of Giant Gold Sack as the EXP is nearly entirely diminished. I suggest that if you want to hire infinite level pawn, you should play on Hard so the EXP wouldn't handicapped your play.

I could add you and bring your pawn later on some BBI touring though when your level is high enough.

As for magic bow abilities, all of them have their uses. I run with Ninefold/Ricochet/Vortex myself. Ricochet does more damage for less stamina in small rooms or corridors (for example that gorecyclops that spawns in the sewer like area before the fallen city I can kill literally in seconds with ricochet) and vortex makes all the trash in BBI laughably easy (living armor/eliminators are not immune to it so you can trap them and sit back and shoot them). But like I said, the others have their uses as well.

And don't worry about sending me a weapon haha, I will just pass it on to someone else that needs it. The only items I need right now are trophy pants, and a few level 3 armor items (mostly gloves).

Do you have Vile Wakestone? My first battle against Awakened Form and all he drop is just Daimon Claw and Horn.
Would be awesome if you could swing some of that level 3 kit my way. PSN id is Ivor_Biguns. Would be much appreciated. :). Also take my pawn for a spin if you are so inclined.

I'll add you, and probably will take your pawn for my Deth Hunt sometime later.

I need it for upgrades.
I noticed your patterned gambeson on your pawn isn't gold rarefied so I gifted her the ironblack pelt.

Immolation on Eliminators, Elder Ogres and even Daimon is pretty fun. Daimon's first form goes down so quick. More than a bar by the time I reach his head. I wish it lasted more than a minute though. It turns off by default at the start of his 2nd form.

Just noticed that if you search for pawns by level 199, it brings up infinite level pawns by other players. Search by infinite level pawn brings up only AI pawns. Searching by level 198 brings up those pawn respectively.

Shengar

I need it for upgrades.
I noticed your patterned gambeson on your pawn isn't gold rarefied so I gifted her the ironblack pelt.

Immolation on Eliminators, Elder Ogres and even Daimon is pretty fun. Daimon's first form goes down so quick. More than a bar by the time I reach his head. I wish it lasted more than a minute though. It turns off by default at the start of his 2nd form.

How do you grab Daimon first form? He's too damned quick that I barely have the chance to cling on him. While the second form cast a spell to put me down. In the end I just Ninefold Bolts him to death.

Do you have Vile Wakestone? My first battle against Awakened Form and all he drop is just Daimon Claw and Horn.
I have some spare Vile Wakestones
How do you grab Daimon first form? He's too damned quick that I barely have the chance to cling on him. While the second form cast a spell to put me down. In the end I just Ninefold Bolts him to death.
Once I cast immolation, I sprint behind him and grab his back or tail. There are a few cases where he does his Immolation to knock you off. I seen it where he does the punch followed by a quick roundhouse kick that knocked me off or he'll charge the pillars followed by a roundhouse kick.
My arisen is wearing shadow boots with the increase enemy holds duration boost which I noticed its similiar to Arm-Strength from the strider vocation. My stamina doesn't go down as fast.

The last Daimon run, I got hit by his punch and kick and didn't fall off. I grabbed his arm accidentally when he casted spells at my pawns. Maybe it has something to do with stagger stat?
I used Fiendish extract to increase my hp + Thousand kisses + Immolation is crazy damage. Using four Conqueror's Periapt stack multiplicatively is kinda overkill. Daimon drops pretty fast on hard as is. Fiendish extract doesn't even wear off if everything goes well.

Forgot I tried Ur-Dragon for two attempts. Barely moved his hp bar. Its down to half right now or slightly lower than half.

Shengar

I have some spare Vile Wakestones
Can I have it? What do you want in return, though I'm not sure if there is anything I can offer now. I've yet to kill Death, and don't have many rare BBI drop.

Once I cast immolation, I sprint behind him and grab his back or tail. There are a few cases where he does his Immolation to knock you off. I seen it where he does the punch followed by a quick roundhouse kick that knocked me off or he'll charge the pillars followed by a roundhouse kick.
My arisen is wearing shadow boots with the increase enemy holds duration boost which I noticed its similiar to Arm-Strength from the strider vocation. My stamina doesn't go down as fast.

The last Daimon run, I got hit by his punch and kick and didn't fall off. I grabbed his arm accidentally when he casted spells at my pawns. Maybe it has something to do with stagger stat?
I used Fiendish extract to increase my hp + Thousand kisses + Immolation is crazy damage. Using four Conqueror's Periapt stack multiplicativly is kinda overkill. Daimon drops pretty fast on hard as is.

Forgot I tried Ur-Dragon for two attempts. Barely moved his hp bar. Its down to half right now or slightly lower than half.
Maybe I had bad luck with grappling big enemies. Like instantly freezing one second after I grab Frostwyrm, or had the Elder Ogre drop on his back as soon as I grab it. Though for Awakened Form, I didn't try another shot because I fear his Rift Portal attack since I can't cancelled it with Ninefold Bolts, so I choose to keep my distance from him. Does Immolation and Hundred Kisses enough to stagger him on Hard?

Can I have it? What do you want in return, though I'm not sure if there is anything I can offer now. I've yet to kill Death, and don't have many rare BBI drop.

Maybe I had bad luck with grappling big enemies. Like instantly freezing one second after I grab Frostwyrm, or had the Elder Ogre drop on his back as soon as I grab it. Though for Awakened Form, I didn't try another shot because I fear his Rift Portal attack since I can't cancelled it with Ninefold Bolts, so I choose to keep my distance from him. Does Immolation and Hundred Kisses enough to stagger him on Hard?
Sure, I'll gift it to your pawn once I finish a Daimon run.
It does. Once in a while for some reason, he still does the Rift Portal attack until you drain all his hp. Make sure you hit his head or the head on his chest for maximum damage.

EDIT: Alright Shengar, gifted your pawn the Vile Wakestone. Your pawn got petrified during the Daimon fight and before I could give her the panacea, she completely turned to stone. I only carry healing curatives.

Shengar

Sure, I'll gift it to your pawn once I finish a Daimon run.
It does. Once in a while for some reason, he still does the Rift Portal attack until you drain all his hp. Make sure you hit his head or the head on his chest for maximum damage.

EDIT: Alright Shengar, gifted your pawn the Vile Wakestone. Your pawn got petrified during the Daimon fight and before I could give her the panacea, she completely turned to stone. I only carry healing curatives.
Petrification is the reason why I always give all of my pawn Secret Softener. I never bothered with any other debilitation other than that since there is too many ailment cure that it began make me dizzy. Panacea is bad for Pawn since they wasted that when they get soaked. 2000 gold just to keep them dry is way too much :p
Sweet. He's a good lad. Hope you serves you well!

I he's a tall lad, he'll be my weight mule for carrying all dat loot and Large Mushroom :p

IvorB

Petrification is the reason why I always give all of my pawn Secret Softener. I never bothered with any other debilitation other than that since there is too many ailment cure that it began make me dizzy. Panacea is bad for Pawn since they wasted that when they get soaked. 2000 gold just to keep them dry is way too much :p

I he's a tall lad, he'll be my weight mule for carrying all dat loot and Large Mushroom :p

He is certainly a tall and well built lad. Of that you can be sure :). I'm not sure what level you are though because I am not 200 yet...

It's pretty annoying the way pawns handle status ailment cures. It requires so much micromanaging.

ZenaxPure

By the way, pro tip for Daimon if you are climbing him as a yellow class. If you run instant reset and he uses his immolation if you jump off at the very last second and then instant reset you can just re-grab back onto him from around the same spot you jumped off. It's really tricky to pull off, but, it's useful and you kinda feel like a badass when you do it.

Also thanks for the item zero, I sent you the bone lantern as well, whenever the server decides to update.

And lastly I sent you a friend request Ivor, but you haven't accepted yet!

IvorB

By the way, pro tip for Daimon if you are climbing him as a yellow class. If you run instant reset and he uses his immolation if you jump off at the very last second and then instant reset you can just re-grab back onto him from around the same spot you jumped off. It's really tricky to pull off, but, it's useful and you kinda feel like a badass when you do it.

Also thanks for the item zero, I sent you the bone lantern as well, whenever the server decides to update.

And lastly I sent you a friend request Ivor, but you haven't accepted yet!

Hey mate! At work at the moment. I should be home in a few hours so I will accept then. Thanks!

joecanada

if you check back a few pages there are some people who picked it up when it went free on psplus... I did but now I'm level 100 already... so you can use my pawn but she's probably overpowered, it will cut your experience.

but if you need her, my psn id is joecanada and my pawn is hellfire.
check back a few pages though for some newer players.

Shengar

I think the Dragon's Dogma is AMAZING thread have more newcomers posted there than this thread. If anyone looking for pawn that isn't too far from their level, perhaps they could add people from that thread.

Shengar

Anyone have Great Dragon Horn? I needed it for my Revenant Wail, I think to get it Dragon Forged at enhancement level 2 is a bit of stretch.
EDIT: Nevermind, decided to take offline Ur-Dragon for the horn, ended up killing him. I guess one thing left for me in this game is just Death.

Also, thanks for that particular Revenant Wail, Zenax :p
While I also want to thanks zerokool for his Vile Awakening Stone
Anybody got any tips for Mystic Knight? Started as fighter and immediately went to m.knight. Currently level 31.

If you want to play as Mystic Knight, I suggest to leveled up first as both Sorcerer and Warrior mainly for their augment if you aim for offensive prowess. The former have an augment which increases Magick and an augment that shorten your cast time, while the latter hae Clout, an augment that increases strenght and an augment that decrease the cost of your physical skill stamina cost. Pretty useful if for hybrid class.

So I was going to say fuck it and go ahead and beat the game since I'm" basically wrapping up the last few BBI quests and I'm" tired of grinding for RC. Then what happens you say, I mistakenly sell my Bitter End. The game then decides to troll me by giving me only Devilsbane and Dread Aspis jumping back and forth between the two each purification lol. Whatevs, at least I got tomorrow off so I guess I'll power grind for it, get it re-golden forged then see about the ending. For now its off to sleep.

So without really trying to do Trappings of Evil quest, I finished it. I just didn't want the same gear so I kept switching vocations. The savior ring is pretty nice. My pawn has 5.6k hp as a ranger with the master and savior ring combined lol.
Thanks Zena for the bone lantern!

Tried Ur-Dragon for one attempt and see where its health is at. Its at 3 bars. The frame rate drops during this fight is really bad sometimes. Back to farming Daimon again.

Watevaman

Oh man, I fired up DD last night for the first time in months to show my cousin and I actually have a question. I'm not even like an hour or so into the game. Just got to Gran Soren and honestly don't remember how I got to where I am. It's an underground area that's going down in a spiral. There's levers that open and close the gates and behind one gate is an ogre and to the side (the "shortcut" to avoid the ogre I guess) is a passageway with some skeleton sorcerer who spawns dudes and kills me in one hit. I tried numerous ways to kill him but he essentially one shots me if I get close.

Does anyone know the area I'm talking about and know if I'm even supposed to be here this early (level 13)?

Oh man, I fired up DD last night for the first time in months to show my cousin and I actually have a question. I'm not even like an hour or so into the game. Just got to Gran Soren and honestly don't remember how I got to where I am. It's an underground area that's going down in a spiral. There's levers that open and close the gates and behind one gate is an ogre and to the side (the "shortcut" to avoid the ogre I guess) is a passageway with some skeleton sorcerer who spawns dudes and kills me in one hit. I tried numerous ways to kill him but he essentially one shots me if I get close.

Does anyone know the area I'm talking about and know if I'm even supposed to be here this early (level 13)?
That's the Everfall and yes, that where you're supposed to go. Reach the bottom and remember to grab the port crystal. When the cutscene ends, just run. Trust me.

Got a little bored and decided to make my pawn into Mercedes or as close as possible to her. Gold rarefied her gear. She has low magic defense though. I wonder if people will summon her.

ZenaxPure

I sent you some stuff Ivor, should get it at some point. Would have sent it sooner, but, honestly between my ankle, something going on in my stomach that I need to see a doctor about, and on top of it all getting a cold a few days ago I've spent the better part of the past few days just sitting still watching mindless television and playing games I could play without thinking.

Just now tonight finally played seriously some more and I decided to get back to Mystic Knight. Glad I did because because even though the class starts out slow it really pays off. Great cannon and ruinous sigil are fucking crazy. I mean like crazy damage and also destroying your frame rate worse than Ur-Dragon when something large like an ogre walks in.

joecanada

So if you beat urdragon do you automatically have to go ng+ or is there way to fight him repeatedly like farm him? I'm in bbi and everfall but everfall is easy now and bbi part 2 is still hard... level 104 and unsure whether to go NG+
Help

ZenaxPure

So if you beat urdragon do you automatically have to go ng+ or is there way to fight him repeatedly like farm him? I'm in bbi and everfall but everfall is easy now and bbi part 2 is still hard... level 104 and unsure whether to go NG+
Help

Assuming you're doing offline Ur-Dragon he has a 1 day repsawn, so just sleep at the inn. You can do NG+ if you want. I actually did NG+ and most of the trophies before delving into BBI myself. It paid out since I felt like I was properly equipped. It was challenging but not impossible for me.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Thanks, Shengar! My pawn came back from your game yesterday with almost a million RC. I'm going to be set for a while :p
Yeah I got about 350k RC on my alt. Thanks dude.

Yesterday I was browsing the Rift for low-level ranger/strider pawns, and saw a small female called Arya, modelled after Arya Stark. I grinned at that, then browsed a few more which made Arya leave the Rift. "No wait, I want to hire her", I thought, and started browsing again but she was gone... so I tweak my search a bit and find "Arya" again...

...And it's another pawn, from a completely different player. LOL. I also found Hodor, a giant hulking male strider. Couldn't resist and hired 'em both. xD

So I got to the post-Daimon area of BBI where you encounter two Firedrakes at once.

WHAT IN THE FUCK.

How do I beat these things? I've been blasting them in the chest with tenfold arrows (my bow even has an ice enchantment) and it is barely even moving their health.

I have met my match!

Killed Ur-Dragon online gen 416 and got some rewards. Does my vocation determine my rewards? I was Magic Archer and got Heaven's Key, Talarian White, Totem Mace, Lustrous Greatshield, Abyssinal set and Beowulf's mask. If it does, I'll be assassin. Kinda want Ascalon. Those 20 wakestones are heavy.
ueqVfKT.jpg

lJE8W44.jpg
During the fight when Ur was at 5%, I lost connection and had to reconnect asap.
Gold dragonforged the Abyssinal set and Heaven's key.

thundr51

You can add, but many have infinite leveled pawn that will sucked out much of your EXP. Even on Hard, with a high level Pawn with you the amount exp gained is close to base EXP of Normal mode. On Hard, an ogre or cyclops worth 5000 EXP with high leveled pawn, but almost whooping 12500 EXP if you took lowered level Pawn. The difference is astounding. So in other way, playing on Hard mode with high leveled pawn only rewards you with a bunch of Giant Gold Sack as the EXP is nearly entirely diminished. I suggest that if you want to hire infinite level pawn, you should play on Hard so the EXP wouldn't handicapped your play.

ok so maybe I need to restart. I've been running with an infinite level pawn for a while now (since the outpost at least). At first it wasn't so bad since I still had the first assigned pawn with me and he was way below my level. Lately I've been updating my pawns as I level and before I can even buff my character everything is dead. Level 30 now, but I feel I'm much smarter now on how the game works.
Or should I just ditch the pawn and continue with a leveled pawn.

Shengar

So I got to the post-Daimon area of BBI where you encounter two Firedrakes at once.

WHAT IN THE FUCK.

How do I beat these things? I've been blasting them in the chest with tenfold arrows (my bow even has an ice enchantment) and it is barely even moving their health.

I have met my match!

Two Firedrakes? It seems you got the lucky draw, for I had a Firedrake AND a FROSTWYRM.

ZenaxPure

WHAT IN THE FUCK.

I have met my match!

What level are you/what is your gear like? You might want to take a bunch of conqueror's periapts with you if you feel like your damage output is low. Honestly the two firedrakes have nothing on that room because personally at least I find the two frost drakes the deadliest (even if they are a tad easier to kill).

My personal strategy for all drakes is to just jump on and hundred kisses them, but, I also run with all the climbing augments including opportunism (which gives a 20% strength buff while climbing a foe) and clout to double up on strength.

Kinda want Ascalon. Those 20 wakestones are heavy.

You can get ascalon from killing the offline version and in the gear you're rocking at this point you should be able to kill the offline version in one try or at least get him extremely low in one try. That said I am pretty sure cursed light is just a better ascalon so you might want to try for that (and I've got around 30 unpurified level 2 weapons if you need some to try for it).

IvorB

Yo Zenax, thanks for the weapon drop, mate :). Six level three weapons is very generous. I haven't had a chance to purify them yet. I'll let you know if I get lucky. Thanks again!

ZenaxPure

Yo Zenax, thanks for the weapon drop, mate :). Six level three weapons is very generous. I haven't had a chance to purify them yet. I'll let you know if I get lucky. Thanks again!

No problem, I still have some more, but, I figured I'd hang on to them in case someone else came asking or the hope you get what you need from those. I can toss you some more when I build up my stash again.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Killed Ur-Dragon online gen 416 and got some rewards. Does my vocation determine my rewards? I was Magic Archer and got Heaven's Key, Talarian White, Totem Mace, Lustrous Greatshield, Abyssinal set and Beowulf's mask. If it does, I'll be assassin. Kinda want Ascalon. Those 20 wakestones are heavy.
During the fight when Ur was at 5%, I lost connection and had to reconnect asap.

Wow, congrats. I hate that boss. Just a matter of being at the right place at the right time. Still, must feel really good, especially after almost losing the connection, haha.

I don't think you want Ascalon, the BBI gear is better anyway. I hear the Abyssinal gear is still the best clothing though? I'm not sure if it's better than the BBI chest clothing.

I'll never get a Ninefold Arrow ring, am I? T_T
Me neither. :(

joecanada

Congrats and thanks for sharing... what level are you and what strategy did you use

Wow, congrats. I hate that boss. Just a matter of being at the right place at the right time. Still, must feel really good, especially after almost losing the connection, haha.

I don't think you want Ascalon, the BBI gear is better anyway. I hear the Abyssinal gear is still the best clothing though? I'm not sure if it's better than the BBI chest clothing.

Me neither. :(
The Abyssinal outfit is the 2nd best clothing in terms of defense and magic defense when fully upgraded. The entire set can be worn by any vocation which is cool.

Congrats and thanks for sharing... what level are you and what strategy did you use
Level 200. It can be done under a much lower level though. Its a battle of attrition. I brought a lot of Conqueror's Periapts. About 79 with stamina replenishing curatives. I used immolation and attack the hearts with Thousand kisses. When you destroyed a heart, it has a chance to drop Great Dragon Claw, Great Dragon Fang and Great Dragon Alula depending on where the heart is located. I would jump in and damage it for a couple of sessions. It was down to under 2 bars and PSN community all contributed to the damage. I went at night so my Bloodlust worked. Its up to you if you want to go solo for the Autonomy to work.

My augments are Sinew, Vehemence, Clout, Bloodlust, Arm-Strength, Opportunism. Sinew to carry a lot of curatives and bring your best damaging gear. For maximum damage, switch out Arm-Strength and Sinew for Exhilaration and Autonomy. Be at low health for Exhilaration to work. Also be aware Ur has an attack that can petrify so unless you have high petrification resist, bring some secret softeners.

Camped it for the last couple of hours. At around 70% on its last bar of health, the damage all ramped up from everyone doing Ur lol. The next session I went in to see and it was at 50%. If your ever low on curatives, you can buy it from Iola.

Otheradam

How do you guys playing magic archer dealing with things that are immune in everfall and Bbi? Like the golems with where you have to destroy the gems. Some are floating and I basically can't do any damage to them.

Shengar

How do you guys playing magic archer dealing with things that are immune in everfall and Bbi? Like the golems with where you have to destroy the gems. Some are floating and I basically can't do any damage to them.

Have at least one Ranger/Strider pawn in your party if you play as Magick Archer. In order to make them attack like floating Metal Golem medal, hit it with your magick bow until its HP bar appear, then order your pawn to attack them. Work for me most of the time, unless they fooling around like headless chicken.

I'll probably be playing later so I'll be sure to pick up.

Hopefully this was you, thank you for the RC and the uncursed lvl3 armor. Currently sitting at level 65, playing ranger atm after maxing out war, strider, fighter and MK.

I have a lot of questions. Number one, why can I barely damage some of these mobs? Gargoyles are a pain, minotaurs near impossible. Made it to the second shortcut, and just got to the first fight with the living armor before I went to bed.

I am running dragons glaze from one of the two moonbeam gems I got, and run with dragons dogma as MK. MK I just get totally wrecked, can do almost no damage even with grand cannon. Is that because I never leveled a mage class?.

Am I missing something here? I don't really think BBI was meant to he run at 65, but elder ogres and the bishop fight weren't that bad. Problem is I really didn't really want to farm everfall nor did I try Ur Dragon before moving to post game, now I really dont want to have to replay that much to get back there.

ZenaxPure

I am running dragons glaze from one of the two moonbeam gems I got, and run with dragons dogma as MK. MK I just get totally wrecked, can do almost no damage even with grand cannon. Is that because I never leveled a mage class?.

I don't know how much strength or magic is contributed, but, I know that grand cannon does take your magic into account and dragon's dogma has 0 magic. You should try to get one of the swords/maces with magic on it. There are a couple. You should generally also use an elemental enchantment since it changes the element of the grand cannon (meaning you can take advantage of the enemies' weakness plus get the damage boost from the enchant). I've been playing mystic knight over the past couple of days and for my shield skill slot I use all 3 for different elemental enchants, no shield abilities whatsoever. That's not the only viable way to play I assume, but, it lets me cover pretty much every weakness most of the time.

As far as doing damage, bishop and ogres are probably 2 of the easier enemies in BBI. The two enemies you specifically mentioned, though, are very resistant to physical damage. My best advice at your level would be to make sure you have a mage or sorcerer (probably one of each actually) and make sure one of them has an elemental enchant for your weapons. Of course the other thing is you could just become a magick archer and laugh at how easy everything is, but, I'm always a proponent of playing the class you think is the most fun, so do that instead.

oracrest

I just got back from vacation, and had a good 300,000 RC from gaffers. Thanks for helping me out!

I am more than happy to take some other people's pawns through BBI if anyone needs help.

PSN oracrest

Hopefully this was you, thank you for the RC and the uncursed lvl3 armor. Currently sitting at level 65, playing ranger atm after maxing out war, strider, fighter and MK.

I have a lot of questions. Number one, why can I barely damage some of these mobs? Gargoyles are a pain, minotaurs near impossible. Made it to the second shortcut, and just got to the first fight with the living armor before I went to bed.

Am I missing something here? I don't really think BBI was meant to he run at 65, but elder ogres and the bishop fight weren't that bad. Problem is I really didn't really want to farm everfall nor did I try Ur Dragon before moving to post game, now I really dont want to have to replay that much to get back there.

No problem at all glad to help.

I'm" no Dogma expert but I'll try to give you some advice as well to add on to what ZenaxPure said. The BBI mobs can be tough but the lowest I've seen people run BBI is around Lvl. 50-55 and averaged around Lvl. 70-80 so its certainly doable at your level.

From personal experience, I never had a real problem with magic damage. I basically ran the entire game with Assassin/Warrior so my stats are all straight up physical but when switching to magic I didn't have (or see) any significant issue with damage (taking equipment + augments into account).

Make sure that your augments are complementing your class. If you have no magic based augments, then you can do what a friend of mine did and carry around Periapts to increase your stats and make up the difference. Since you're a Mystic Knight you can enchant your own weapons so take advantage of enemy weaknesses and combine that with Strengh + Magic Periapts (I'm" hoping you saved Fournival lol). When you find a Lvl. 2 BBI Weapon go ahead and purify that, hopefully landing a stronger sword or mace that you can upgrade and use for your Mystic Knight.

Speaking of which, what's your equipment looking like? You can buy some of the best non-BBI equipment in the game at the Everfall.

I don't quite understand the last part, are you saying that you don't want to farm Everfall? Because you don't really have too. If you want to level faster just carry around/buy some Martyr Talismans or Pilgrim's Charms (again, Fournival lol) and go around killing shit or taking care of quests. With double exp you level up insanely fast, especially with post game enemies roaming about or if you're feeling exceptionally sexy you can continue to run BBI. You would just have to worry about item management; just hire two pawns with Sinew to lug that stuff around. I will also throw in that High Bolide has gotten me out of some sticky situations (not a lot of open areas in BBI so its concentrated) just something to consider if you hire a Sorcerer pawn.

If you defeated the Dark Bishop, then I assumed you opened the gates to the entrance of BBI. Find which routes/sections you seem to have an easy time with and grind/loot out there if you like, you can score a lot of BBI cursed stuff and RCs that way. Or you can farm Dark Bishop/Cursed Dragon for EXP since you have an easy time with him but that would probably get rather tedious.

I'm" all over the place but I hope some of it helps.

Top Bottom