• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen |OT| deep down darkness

This is my best loot so far:

8683848075_317e6fac82_b.jpg

8683847847_123e0cd234_b.jpg

The Assault Boots also gives 39 str.

Anyone know how to respawn the big monsters? I want to kill that Wyvern again. Is it 5-7 days rest or just leave BBI and re-enter?

You have to rest 7 times.

Played a couple more hours last night. I went down a well and got owned by some lizards...then went for a walk and got owned by about 10 bandits.

I'm actually starting to enjoy it, this could work.

I'm kind of disappointed with the big monsters on hard mode now. I am only level 38, but kill them all very quickly, and with little trouble. I destroyed a Chimera in less than a minute, and a cyclopes in about 2 minutes.

My sorcerer isn't wearing any armor, so while I can kill them in a minute or two, they can kill me in a second flat. Keeps me on my toes.

Whoever OpenSecret is, thanks for the sweet forged gear!

ironcreed

Banned
Help with the Living Armor guy, please. I can get him down to two health bars and then even hitting the weak spot does absolutely nothing.

burgerdog

This is my best loot so far:

The Assault Boots also gives 39 str.

You have to rest 7 times.

damn.gif

Very nice Persona.

I got some boots that increase my weight limit. Not bad. Also a ring that increases DP gain.

I've gotten those items as well. I just want a nice sword or magic bowwwwwww! I also just got a ring to boost high bolide and the ice spell, shit's about to get crazy now.

Kyoufu

I've gotten those items as well. I just want a nice sword or magic bowwwwwww! I also just got a ring to boost high bolide and the ice spell, shit's about to get crazy now.

I wish my Sorcerer pawn wasn't so useless. I think I need to change her behaviour on the Knowledge Chair. She doesn't do much.

Then again I kill stuff on a ledge... lol

Sajjaja

Played a couple more hours last night. I went down a well and got owned by some lizards...then went for a walk and got owned by about 10 bandits.

I'm actually starting to enjoy it, this could work.

I've been wanting to play DD for a while and this comment is pushing me even harder to get it lol.

Help with the Living Armor guy, please. I can get him down to two health bars and then even hitting the weak spot does absolutely nothing.

You need magic once all the armor is broken, so if you don't have an enchanted weapon or a Mage/Sorcerer you're boned.

Mystic Knight with Thunder/Holy Riposte does well against them.

I wish my Sorcerer pawn wasn't so useless. I think I need to change her behaviour on the Knowledge Chair. She doesn't do much.

Sorcerer pawns are tricky. Give them a long-charge spell and they won't give any thought to when and where they start charging it, but they'll gladly cancel their charge if they're in danger. Which basically means you've got a pawn that does nothing but hop around and charge things that it never finishes, regardless of its inclination. I only trust pawns with basic spells like frigor or comestion.

burgerdog

I just see her as random bonus damage when she actually does something. She can really let it rip if she's not running around like a chicken with no head.

Are you heading to Daimon 2.0 anytime soon?

edit
Hm, I have 5 sorcerer's quartz now, 3 are needed to take Herald's Helix to lv3 DF and magick goes from 524 to 724. I kind of wanted to wait for a DA MB, but I might have to just go ahead with this upgrade..

RangerBAD

I really wish they had made a samurai-esque class. Even Dark Souls has katanas. They could have made the katana primary and the scabbard secondary. That would have been totally badass.

Kyoufu

I just see her as random bonus damage when she actually does something. She can really let it rip if she's not running around like a chicken with no head.

Are you heading to Daimon 2.0 anytime soon?

edit
Hm, I have 5 sorcerer's quartz now, 3 are needed to take Herald's Helix to lv3 DF and magick goes from 524 to 724. I kind of wanted to wait for a DA MB, but I might have to just go ahead with this upgrade..

Herald's Helix? Why?

You can buy Dragon's Quickening from Delec in the Everfall.

edit: I will probably head to Daimon 2.0 soon.

ironcreed

Banned
You need magic once all the armor is broken, so if you don't have an enchanted weapon or a Mage/Sorcerer you're boned.

Mystic Knight with Thunder/Holy Riposte does well against them.

Yeah, it's not hard, it's just taking forever because I have to wait for my mage and sorcerer to attack and enhance my weapons. Kind of stupid.

I'm surprised there's no strategy guide for this.

I have no idea where to find some of the materials for rarefying, and there's somehow 30 Macabre Statues hidden throughout the place -- I've found 21 but I expected it to stop at 20; I've scoured every inch of the whole labyrinth and I don't have a clue where the remaining 9 could be... unless there's a new area, or new statue spawns, on your 3rd trip through? I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

burgerdog

Herald's Helix? Why?

You can buy Dragon's Quickening from Delec in the Everfall.

edit: I will probably head to Daimon 2.0 soon.

Darn, this save is pretty much at the beginning of the story in NG+. How long does it take to clear the game if I rush through?

Kyoufu

Darn, this save is pretty much at the beginning of the story in NG+. How long does it take to clear the game if I rush through?

2 hours at the most. It's really quick if you have portcrystals all over the map.

edit: I noticed the Dragons don't respawn if I rest on the bench inside BBI. I have to go to an inn and rest for 7 days. :(

If you don't have any portcrystal in key places, you can reach the post game in 2 ou 3 hours.

EDIT: With the portcrystals in key areas, you can clear the game in less than an hour.

Jobbs

Banned
I prefer using Strider or Ranger pawns. Sorcerer pawns are tricky because of the long charging times.

I can't complain about my main pawn. She can be quite resourceful. :)

Every once in a while pawns dynamically do things that are just incredible. It may happen more if you have a utilitarian trait, not sure.

Once my pawn picked up another pawn who had fallen, and carried it to me. Damn near melted my heart.

About how many enemies on BBI would you say have high mag resistance?

Every once in a while pawns dynamically do things that are just incredible. It may happen more if you have a utilitarian trait, not sure.

Once my pawn picked up another pawn who had fallen, and carried it to me. Damn near melted my heart.

Pawns seem to do this to me all the time, except they don't pick up the dead pawn until I'm there ready to help them. Makes me wait another couple seconds while their animation finishes...

TentPole

Sorcerer pawns are tricky. Give them a long-charge spell and they won't give any thought to when and where they start charging it, but they'll gladly cancel their charge if they're in danger. Which basically means you've got a pawn that does nothing but hop around and charge things that it never finishes, regardless of its inclination. I only trust pawns with basic spells like frigor or comestion.

I don't know. My Sorcerer Pawn was constantly pulling off the big spells and wrecking everything to the point where I just switched her to a Mage so I could save some of the challenge for my self as it was kinda breaking the game for me.

But now I am just getting my ass kicked so I don't know what I want anymore.

Billen

Banned
I really disliked the bow. However, holy based deity how it clicked when I changed to 2h warrior. Oblivion/Skyrim exploration feeling with monster huntish fighting. Sweet.

I better ly dow.

I really wish they had made a samurai-esque class. Even Dark Souls has katanas. They could have made the katana primary and the scabbard secondary. That would have been totally badass.

I'm down with this. I was hoping they'd have a new class or something in Dark Arisen.

Next time, next time...

About how many enemies on BBI would you say have high mag resistance?

Everything is resistant to pretty much everything, some are weaker to a certain element but it's hard to notice a big difference -- except with Eliminators and Elder Ogres, they do not like Lightning at all.

I think everything has a weakness to Holy stuff, not sure though.

I really disliked the bow. However, holy based deity how it clicked when I changed to 2h warrior. Oblivion/Skyrim exploration feeling with monster huntish fighting. Sweet.

I better ly dow.

I just wish Warriors could equip 6 skills instead of 3, then I'd play one more often.

I have very little RC left. :(

It's late for me and I'm tired. But tomorrow, I'm going to pay a visit to my old friend Ur-dragon (it's been to long since the last time that I kick his...I mean keep him company), and I can take your pawn. It should give you some RC.

Kyoufu

It's late for me and I'm tired. But tomorrow, I'm going to pay a visit to my old friend Ur-dragon (it's been to long since the last time that I kick his...I mean keep him company), and I can take your pawn. It should give you some RC.

<3

I will do the same.

I have very little RC left. :(

I started out with 1.2m and haven't really dropped below that, even after Rarefying many items. Rift Crystals are very plentiful in Bitterblack. I'm really glad Rarefying doesn't require massive amounts of RC, I feared it would so Capcom could force the RC DLC packs on the players.

By the way, to anyone wondering: don't buy the new character edit pack, it's worthless. Just hair/beards that are very slight differentiations on existing ones.

burgerdog

Jealous of you guys sharing pawns :( I feel like capcom really dropped the ball. They should have let your friends tweak their levels so that they're not useless or overpowered. I see a lot of gaffers posting about their pawns, so you take a look and they're lv20 or so, useless to every single DD vet who carried over their save file. On the other hand, you have players new to the game hiring high level friend pawns and getting their first boss one shot :lol

Small request.
It might be a good idea if you also post your pawns level when asking/telling us to add you to hire your pawn.

Eusis

Jealous of you guys sharing pawns :( I feel like capcom really dropped the ball. They should have let your friends tweak their levels so that they're not useless or overpowered. I see a lot of gaffers posting about their pawns, so you take a look and they're lv20 or so, useless to every single DD vet who carried over their save file. On the other hand, you have players new to the game hiring high level friend pawns and getting their first boss one shot :lol

Small request.
It might be a good idea if you also post your pawns level when asking/telling us to add you to hire your pawn.
Mine's currently in the 40s range.

Jobbs

Banned
They need to patch the way pawn searches work. It needs to prioritize active players and/or DDDA players.

I've been playing for more hours than I care to admit and I've never had my pawn summoned once, despite carefully tweaking everything about her to make her excellent. The reason is the utterly vast SEA of pawn garbage out there, relics from time past, the pawns of people who quit long ago.

Last year when the game was new my pawn was summoned all the time. ALL the time. Now it just never happens because of the aforementioned vast sea of inactive players. Everyone summons pawns, yes, but you have an active player base vs. everyone who has ever played. The ratio means most the pawns being summoned are those of inactive players. It can be difficult, and at times seemingly impossible to even find a pawn in the search results that's DDDA.

If anyone wants a positively vicious, AND viciously cute, level 35ish Warrior -- with I believe nearly 800 primary strength rating -- look me up. PSN: twotimingpete

My pawn is a lvl 110, mage. She mostly heals, cures debilitations and casts magic for weapons. Thanks to her cloak, she has the awesome ability to heal any party members standing next to her.

Edit: 3 minotaurs and 2 living armors AND a fucking lightning Wyvern all at the same time. GAWD DAMN

Astra

those are entry level bosses, don't worry. Lots of more difficult stuff to come. Some of the easier bosses get upgraded versions, like GoreChimeras

Yeah, there was one particular battle in post-game that was pretty hard even on normal. That'll be fun on hard.

Still, was hoping the normal big monster battles would last a bit longer.

My sorcerer isn't wearing any armor, so while I can kill them in a minute or two, they can kill me in a second flat. Keeps me on my toes.

I'm a strider now, but I was a mage/sorcerer before (going for magick archer, and want some strider/ranger augments), and the Chimera was quite the danger. Those quick lunges are deadly.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Since I have old save data from DD, do I always have the eternal ferry stone? I'm starting a new file for DA and don't want to lose that stuff.

Daimon 2.0 is kicking my ass. :(

Does he have a weakness? If i try to climb him and he starts on fire. His magic and distance attacks are brutal. I'm basically just hacking away at his feet and doing very little damage
you almost broke out of it, which is impressive. I can't get more than 80% of that bar filled before he smashes my head in

xCobalt

Is there a way to tell which pawn is owned by which gamertag? Starting to get more friends that has DD and I'm not sure who is who.

phierce

My pawn is dressed up for a date/ready to go if anyone needs a mage (23'ish or so atm). She's never had a date and is lonely :(

I plan on using some of the pawns from our google docs list when levels match.

pleased i can still take damage on BI at level 142/hard. first fight with a large cyclops and he two shotted me. but the fight itself was pretty weird. so many safe spots. it's easy to solo him if you want to. my pawns were busy running around most of the time for some reason. i don't know what scared them.

also very pleased to see so many hidden passages, so many secrets. it's so very fun to explore, just as it was in vanilla.

Top Bottom