• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

DaciaJC

Gold Member
You can transfer your PS3/Xbox360 save using a converter.

No shit?

Hmm, 'tis tempting ... no need to do the unending BBI loot loop if I can have my level 200 pawn back from the get-go.

But I guess I wouldn't really have anything to do.

Magic Archers are terrible.

I gave it a fair shot, but seriously: moment you get to a boss you might as well break out a good book because 99% of their skills are useless. Then you have go back to Thousand Kisses and Strider/Assassins have better versions. Richochette Bolt is amazing, but it's the only good skill they have and it only works in small rooms.

Trying to kill a Condemned Gorecyclops with a Magic Archer was the most painful thing I've ever had to do in this game. Never again.

I think Magick Archers are amazing for pretty much everything. I just used Sixfold / Hunter Bolt / Ricochet on my bow all the time and used all fire skills for daggers. I particularly like Sunflare, but that's largely because the animation is cool.

Hunter bolt could probably be swapped out, because it's really only good if you can hit 10 targets at once in an area where ricochet can't work well.

Facism

i hope my pawn got some usage. It's only a fighter but oh boy i hope someone used her :£

[edit] that's a big fat nein

silva1991

I knew casting bolide on cockatrice was a waste of stamina :p

literally only one meteor hit it and almost did no damage.

high comestion ftw.

Akronis

Does the enemy variety increase as the game goes on? Seems like just bandits, goblins, wolves, and saurians with the occasional Chimera :/

kabel

Ok I have an idea....I need to find an eyepatch and a way to paint my armor :)

Zaddnip.jpg

Soodanim

I miss my old pawns (all star team) so much.... :(

Where can I download the PS3 save converter?

http://www.gamepur.com/guide/21776-...pc-how-covert-save-games-console-version.html

I'm tempted to convert my save to see how it is, because I traded in my PS3 copy. Is there a safe way to back up saves? I think I read about the possibility of messing up server syncs and whatnot.

Ok I have an idea....I need to find an eyepatch and a way to paint my armor :)

Zaddnip.jpg

Try the Black Cat for an eye patch. For the arm... texture mod?

mfaex

Whoever decided one of the discs in Mettle Against Metal needed to be in a tree can eat a dick. That was miserable.

bati

Keep in mind that having an idol in your inventory lowers shop prices. What you want to do is make a forgery of it, then give the original to the shopkeep of your choice (giving the forgery won't expand their inventory). Keeping the forged gold idol in your inventory will still give you the discount.

Amazing protip, thanks.

Khilandros

Hello Arisens -

The Rift gifting/player rating issue that seems to have manifested post launch should now be fixed. The root cause is still unknown but we can confirm the server side database have gotten corrupted as a result.

Keep in mind that the first couple of trades may not work correctly due to the built in cool-off period, but you should start seeing positive results within 12-24 hours. Please continue renting pawns and resting at the inn as usual and let us know how it's working out for you.

Meanwhile, the dev team is investigating other client side issues such as the W10 beta infinite loading screen that occurs right before the pre-rendered movie/cutscene. It appears Microsoft is testing a different video codec in the beta build which is causing issues for a handful of our games that rely on WMV codec.

We'll post further status updates on the official Steam forum. Please stay tuned.

Thanks for the update and fixing the pawn issue :)

Just started the expansion and I'm getting some "souls" vibe from the atmosphere and level design. That sense of exploration and checking every corner is awesome. Much better than the base game for me so I hope it stays this way till the end. The main story was probably one of the worst I've ever played but I'm still enjoying the game so all's good.

Any magick class going up against a metal golem might as well call it a day. Even fighters and warriors have to tediously climb the golem and jump up to hopefully hit that one crystal that hangs in the air.

Fuck metal golems if you aren't an archer.

Still hard if you are an archer, he is pink dots on his hands and bottom of his feet that are not always visible. (assuming thats the guy I am thinking of)

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Any magick class going up against a metal golem might as well call it a day. Even fighters and warriors have to tediously climb the golem and jump up to hopefully hit that one crystal that hangs in the air.

Fuck metal golems if you aren't an archer.
Yeah I posted about it yesterday. Metal Golems are a cool idea in theory but there's no reason they should be immune to magic damage. Ugh.

Wow that's exciting. I didn't want to spoil myself looking at the wiki so I appreciate it :)

Do variants of same enemies count as different enemy types?

Yeah, the typical stuff, but there more enemies for you to fight , trust me you will meet all kinds by the time you reach the ever fall and BBI ( and the post game world)
It's going to be a wild ride amigo.

papo

Ok so I got the 4 portcrystals, but I remember there being more than 4, where do I get them?

Are they a NG+ or can I get them in the normal game?

Cyrano

Except that one medal up in that tree...
Ugh... memories of spending far too long in frustration.

Bleh at metal golems. Bleh at them.

edit: Thinking on it, I'm pretty sure they're the reason I made my pawn a fighter, simply to distract them while I go do the actual, tedious... work... of taking them out.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone explain the DLC area to me like I'm an idiot? I don't get how it works like, at all. Is it just an endless dungeon?

silva1991

I failed at accomplishing Quina's sidequest at the beginning of the game and now I see her at a creepy church? @__@ she didn't even say hello.

it sucks that I didn't know what exactly happened to her at that quest.

Cyrano

It's an island and no it's not endless, and you shouldn't probably be there unless you are lv 50-100 or above.
Yeah, for the early game it mostly provides easy access to changing your vocation any time you want (talk to Olra). Later on it provides the best stuff in terms of damage/defense.

Still hard if you are an archer, he is pink dots on his hands and bottom of his feet that are not always visible. (assuming thats the guy I am thinking of)
You're talking about a regular golem, metal golems don't have crystals on them, they are scattered throughout the environment.

Mages will have hardest time with regular golems since you'll have to hit the crystals bare handed. Sorcerers can use gicel which also does physical damage in addition to ice.

Lux R7

No I meant the electric and fire daggers. I don't think Caxton sells them even with gold idol, though I could be wrong

you can get better daggers with a quest right after the duke (and get the fire daggers in many places around gransys). However, i always give the idol to Madeleine, the real Fashion Dogma starts there.

Meneses

I bought this game again even though I knew I couldn't run it (I was right, the framerate goes to shit very frequently even on lowest settings - yes, my laptop is that bad) just to support this port, and maybe help improve the chances of DD2 or a new console port.

It's great to see so many people having fun with it, it truly is a special game. I really miss playing it :(

Lux R7

I bought this game again even though I knew I couldn't run it (I was right, the framerate goes to shit very frequently even on lowest settings - yes, my laptop is that bad) just to support this port, and maybe help improve the chances of DD2 or a new console port.

It's great to see so many people having fun with it, it truly is a special game. I really miss playing it :(

you are a great person

latest

Gothos

Quick question: do I need to keep stuff in my/my pawns inventory so I can use when enhancing weapons? Or can I store all that stuff in stash?

Steel

Banned

Someday, when you get a new laptop, you will at least have the game waiting for you.

Though, I have to ask, did you try lowering the resolution below 720P?

Steel

Banned
Ok. Heading back into BBI after hiring your friend's level 10 mage as the party's healer isn't wise.

Edit: Double post, whoops.

Top Bottom