• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Ascheroth

A cyclops just dropped 2 eyes when it died. Interesting.
I got 3 from one.

Yes, it does break one of the best aspects of the game.

I posted about this before- the endless stone was added with the expansion. It isn't supposed to be used in the main game. I would definitely suggest not using it until you have completed the main quest.

Huh, I never thought about it like this. But if you look at it like this, it does indeed make nights pretty harmless.
Well, I'm already playing without minimap and enemy healthbars, I can play without the eternal ferrystone too! (Or at least try if it doesnt get too tedious)

Lol I'm about to fight 6 living armours and 2 wights at once...

When you equip the Fiend Luring Incense in BBI, you can enter a room and have 5 Eliminators and 4 Living Armors to fight, I think it was -- or it was Elder Ogres in place of the Eliminators... can't remember.

Or any combination of 2 Dire Drakes/Wyrms/Wyverns.

Some of those encounters are excruciatingly brutal.

Baalzebup

welp I sure lost that fight. Dragon + what looked like endlessly spawning goblins + my mage pawn mind controlled raining fire on my head equals death lol

That forest has a lot of goblins and hobgoblins, but infinite they are not. You just get them in huge numbers since the hornblowers make sure every goblinkin in earshot will be making a beeline that way. If you're still testing out waters, it might be a good idea to kind of work the area around it first and kill all the distractions first, before taking on the big cheese. And that is a Drake, a far lesser being when compared to the Dragon.

Both speak Latin though. I find that a stupidly cool feature when they drop lines during battle.

More Mystic Knight love:
r3xcRik.jpg

Flame_Riposte

wbacon

Capcom USA
Can you also have the team look into assorted audio issues? Many people have noticed the overall audio is very quiet even at max in-game volume settings, and others have complained of occasional to frequent crackling/popping.

I really hope y'all are also looking into the audio issues because the levels/balance is really off.

Yep. Dev team has been monitoring the bug reporting thread on Steam and they're aware of it as well. If you're also experiencing the same issue, please post your feedback in the aforementioned thread with detailed config information. copy/paste of the game's config.ini file might be useful as well. (you can remove the button/key binding section though as that's not relevant.)

...could you please check back with the devs if it's possible to add an item hotkey option for controllers (mapped to the Dpad instead of pawn commands)?
And, of less importance to me personally, a hotkey for the map and save for keyboard/mouse.

I can certainly ask. Might be a bit more challenging as that'd require some UI tweak in the options menu. It may also have unintended knock-on effects depending on whether you're using an XInput or DInput controller. Either way, no promises but I'll bring it up to the dev team.

Cyrano

I can certainly ask. Might be a bit more challenging as that'd require some UI tweak in the options menu. It may also have unintended knock-on effects depending on whether you're using an XInput or DInput controller. Either way, no promises but I'll bring it up to the dev team.
Would DEFINITELY like to see this. Think it would make the game even more awesome!
im doing quests near the beginning area and enemies are htting like a truck.

am i doing something wrong?
Nope. Welcome to Dragon's Dogma. The reason why they hit like a truck is because they don't scale at all. So as you get stronger, those enemies get weaker and weaker.

Baalzebup

im doing quests near the beginning area and enemies are htting like a truck.

am i doing something wrong?

Yes, avoid getting hit and hit them instead. Works every time. :p

Beside that, perhaps give few more details on your predicament. You can easily find some foes beyond your means, especially in the first 10 hours, but tactics can make up for some of that.

Would DEFINITELY like to see this. Think it would make the game even more awesome!

Nope. Welcome to Dragon's Dogma. The reason why they hit like a truck is because they don't scale at all. So as you get stronger, those enemies get weaker and weaker.

Yes, avoid getting hit and hit them instead. Works every time. :p

Beside that, perhaps give few more details on your predicament. You can easily find some foes beyond your means, especially in the first 10 hours, but tactics can make up for some of that.

im fighting the alligator things in the well in the 1st city. im doing shit damage and my pawns are getting rekt. i had to bring in a mage type character to handle things, but it did bum me out. archer main, melee pawn

Hello Arisens -

The Rift gifting/player rating issue that seems to have manifested post launch should now be fixed. The root cause is still unknown but we can confirm the server side database have gotten corrupted as a result.

Keep in mind that the first couple of trades may not work correctly due to the built in cool-off period, but you should start seeing positive results within 12-24 hours. Please continue renting pawns and resting at the inn as usual and let us know how it's working out for you.

Meanwhile, the dev team is investigating other client side issues such as the W10 beta infinite loading screen that occurs right before the pre-rendered movie/cutscene. It appears Microsoft is testing a different video codec in the beta build which is causing issues for a handful of our games that rely on WMV codec.

We'll post further status updates on the official Steam forum. Please stay tuned.

Sweet! Can you also look into putting in a timer for the load screens with story text? I'm playing on an SSD (Samsung 850 EVO) and all of the intro story text flashed by before I got past the first line.

Cyrano

im fighting the alligator things in the well in the 1st city. im doing shit damage and my pawns are getting rekt. i had to bring in a mage type character to handle things, but it did bum me out. archer main, melee pawn
Yeah, you need elemental damage for the early game. There are lots of ways to get at it, though mages with boon abilities are the fastest and most reliable. Good to have one for Anodyne as well.

(Strictly speaking you don't "need" it, it just makes those enemies much more manageable)

Meffer

They're weak to ice and try to cut off their tails. It hinders them.

Baalzebup

All Saurian creatures share the same weakness. Attack them from behind to cut at their tails. You might do negligible damage first, but once their tails goes, so does their defence. They take much more damage once the tail goes.

Anything involving the words magic and ice kills them in a flash, even without touching the tail.

Mman235

Did their tails get cut off? Saurians get MUCH more vulnerable to damage when their tails are off.

I'm sure the pawns are still broken because i've received no rating for my pawn

... right?

zbJpj1K.png

Not sure, but people can opt out and not have to give you a rank if they choose not to.
cheer up , at least you didn't get a one star ranking and a rock as a gift :)

Don't worry one day when you become a magic archer
PSuufuM.gif

simply scream "flame on" and go and grab those lizard bastards!

Mideon

Only quests I have are kill X amount of things can I do the pawn guild quest without failing anything good? I have done the witch quest already.

Sullichin

I just realized I have an infinite use teleport item.. and had a ton of other items in my storage. I guess it's bonus DLC stuff. Some of it is worth a lot of gold, is it worth selling? 312k gold for this monocole is crazy, I haven't come across nearly that much money yet.

Maximo

Level 42 fine to switch to Warrior after playing assassin for so long? Stats should be fine, those warrior gifs are getting me interested.

Q is the bow mode button for archers, so you might want to change that to something on the RHS of the keyboard.

Figures... I'd just been hitting it subconsciously because of other games and hadn't switched my character from Warrior to one of the archer classes, yet. Thanks for pointing it out before I'd gotten too attached to it :)

It's easy to change, but I'll post the newer code here (and edit my other post).

Code:
#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

#IfWinActive Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen

F5::
	Send {ESC}
	Sleep 500
	Send i
	Sleep 600
	Send {Enter}
	Return

m::
	Send {ESC}
	Sleep 500
	Send {Enter}
	Return

u::
	Send {ESC}
	Sleep 500
	Send {LEFT}
	Sleep 100
	Send {Enter}
	Return

Parsnip

While we hopefully have your attention in this very thread, could you please check back with the devs if it's possible to add an item hotkey option for controllers (mapped to the Dpad instead of pawn commands)?

That would be rad, I never use the pawn commands.
Or alternately it would be cool if RB/RT/LB/LT could be used as a modifier for the dpad. As in, normally dpad is pawn commands, but with the modifier it would be item hotkeys.

That would be super duper.

I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeed to get rid of this shitty wooden wall...

I feel like my first play through is going to be so messy. Just like Dark Souls.

Probably by NG+ / BBI will I be optimizing my intended build and figuring the in-depth stuff.

Once you advance the story, Caxton will get new items and he'll have a quest that will get you the best stuff if you give him the most valuable idol.

Or, if you are strong enough to explore the area beyond the female bandit camp, you can find an enchanted Thunder Kite Shield in a chest inside an area that houses a certain non-hostile thing (you'll know when you see it). If you can handle a Chimera, you should be good to go -- could always run by everything, too.

Soulflayer Canyon also contains some good gear, but you're at the mercy of RNG there.

bathsalts

Level 42 fine to switch to Warrior after playing assassin for so long? Stats should be fine, those warrior gifs are getting me interested.

Yes, their stat growths are similar in terms of goal if that what your worried about. Strongly consider getting down to light or very light encumbrance first though, the loss of mobility maybe shocking at first. But come spam jump attack with us and knockdown ogre's in 2 hits.

I just realized I have an infinite use teleport item.. and had a ton of other items in my storage. I guess it's bonus DLC stuff. Some of it is worth a lot of gold, is it worth selling? 312k gold for this monocole is crazy, I haven't come across nearly that much money yet.

I kept most of it but sold the DLC monocle because I needed money for new outfits.

Worth.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Damn, I'm going to end up buying this. Played it back on the 360, then a bit when DA was on PS+ (but I don't have my PS3 readily available).

Really fun playing game. Maybe a double dip will help bring on a sequel.

silva1991

Are you kidding me? a cockatrice in the capital and the game won't allow me to atleast choose to my old leveled up class :(

I can't beat this thing with half assed character.

is there anywhere else to change classes?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Hard Mode is really fun as a squishy mage. Having to be a bit more creative in how to approach problems, like the
Ogre
in the
Everfall

I noticed it likes to charge, so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an_nCOX7Kso
Haha, nice one. He died the same way for me, but unintentionally.

What level are you? I'm somewhere in my low 30s now iirc. If you got room for a fighter/tank pawn hit me up.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/liquid3600/
Ohhh is that Orc Princess? I saw a pawn named that randomly in the Rift, a huge green giantess. I didn't hire her 'cause I needed an archer, but yeah.

Lady Konzo
Hmm guess she wasn't yours then, pretty sure she was called Orc Princess. Still that's cool. I like unique pawns like that.

ezekial45

Banned
Are you kidding me? a cockatrice in the capital and the game won't allow me to atleast choose to my old leveled up class :(

Just survive long enough. If you can't beat it, it'll fly off after destroying the three posts.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Anyone with an Nvidia card have any luck with downscaling?
The game does not see the higher resolutions created by the Nvidia driver.

I had seen this in the past, and set the windows desktop res to the desired resolution before starting it, but that does not work here either.

Baalzebup

Are you kidding me?
a cockatrice in the capital
and the game won't allow me to atleast choose to my old leveled up class :(

is there anywhere else to change classes?

You can take a short visit to BBI. You can change your Vocation there and then just GTFO.

You can change your vocation in your hometown too.

Visit the docks at night, and talk to the person there

I don't seem to remember her offering the service while you're at the pier and talking to her is what leads to going to BBI, so I'm not sure why you replied to my comment, since you're basically just repeating what I said with different wording.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
You can take a short visit to BBI. You can change your Vocation there and then just GTFO.

You can change your vocation in your hometown too.

Visit the docks at night, and talk to the person there

Top Bottom