• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drake 3: Uncharted's Deception |OT| of awesome Multiplayer gaming

Thrakier

Discuss everything MP related here! Let GAF rejoice for some nice MP action. It's back and better than ever.

Also: Haters gonna hate.

Mr. Sam

Everything I require in an OT. Thank you.

I'll probably be playing a lot of multiplayer this week; I have it off. Please feel free to add me on PSN as ProfessorSam.

Thrakier

Really? What do you want me to post? Every map and blah? I don't want to invest tons of hourse just for something everyone already knows. It's better than nothing. If you want to do a better one, feel free.

Also, my PSN-ID: Seph

Teknoman

Thrakier said:
Really? What do you want me to post? Every map and blah? I don't want to invest tons of hourse just for something everyone already knows. It's better than nothing. If you want to do a better one, feel free.

Also, my PSN-ID: Seph

iuJbGiAgM33tZ.gif

But seriously, I guess everyone is using GAF as the clan tag, and we have a PSN chat room up, so that helps to get games set up.

PSN: TeknomanEX

I'm still going through campaign, but i'll be up for MP and co-op soon enough.

Mr. Sam

Thrakier said:

Um, I said that was everything I require in an OT. I was being genuine.

Edit: Oh, and I just remembered that I tried to add you the other day and it told me your friends list was full or some such.

Thrakier

Mr. Sam said:
Um, I said that was everything I require in an OT. I was being genuine.

Edit: Oh, and I just remembered that I tried to add you the other day and it told me your friends list was full or some such.

I thought you were being ironic. ;)

thanks for the advice, will delete some people...

I hit 75 this weekend and I'm wondering if you guys can answer this:

If I Legacy my character, will I lose all of my treasures? Getting Elena's cat ears was hell of tedious :(

Thanks guys!

Teknoman

we.are.the.armada said:

If I Legacy my character, will I lose all of my treasures? Getting Elena's cat ears was hell of tedious :(

Thanks guys!

I dont see why they would make you lose treasures. If anything, it should just be unlocking skills again.

I'm guessing the Fleet Foot booster is the choice for upper level players. I didn't really play too much of Uncharted 2's multiplayer, but I seem to remember people being fairly against that booster in U2. Yesterday I encountered a few guys with gold Fleet Foot and I had a really hard time beating them in one on one shootouts. Needless to say, it was pretty frustrating so I switched over to Fleet Foot too and now I seem to have the upper hand in 1v1 firefights against people who don't have it equipped.

What are your guys thoughts? Do you guys think it's still a little too good, especially when leveled up?

jax (old)

Banned
huntertenK

add me. I've got a headset and I much prefer playing guys with. Had a great time on co-op adventure last night. It was great!

Teknoman

Oh and if i'm on your friend list and you dont have an invite to the U3 Chat Room, just send me a message and i'll send you an invite.

Rikyfree

theAntagonist said:
I'm guessing the Fleet Foot booster is the choice for upper level players. I didn't really play too much of Uncharted 2's multiplayer, but I seem to remember people being fairly against that booster in U2. Yesterday I encountered a few guys with gold Fleet Foot and I had a really hard time beating them in one on one shootouts. Needless to say, it was pretty frustrating so I switched over to Fleet Foot too and now I seem to have the upper hand in 1v1 firefights against people who don't have it equipped.

What are your guys thoughts? Do you guys think it's still a little too good, especially when leveled up?
It does need nerfed slightly. it should be at a max silver's speed, then gold will be that it negates stopping power slightly. Also, there needs to be more stopping power.

Also PSN is Qlaahrqueh if you want to play with me.

Okay so I'm really getting into the multiplayer. Nobody seemed bothered in the OT so it's nice to see someone is interested in it.

Anyways. Any close range tips? Seems like people go for a double melee most of the time, or get a quick melee in then some jammy shots. Seems pretty random..

Rikyfree said:
It does need nerfed slightly. it should be at a max silver's speed, then gold will be that it negates stopping power slightly. Also, there needs to be more stopping power.

I think that's a good idea. As it is, Gold seems just way too good for one on one combat and it's not like it's difficult to level the booster either. I think at Silver, Fleet Foot is still a good choice yet isn't overly effective either. Instead of further increasing ADS movement speed from Silver to Gold, your idea of slightly decreasing the amount of Stopping Power you receive is a fair trade off.

Teknoman

MarshMellow96 said:
Okay so I'm really getting into the multiplayer. Nobody seemed bothered in the OT so it's nice to see someone is interested in it.

Anyways. Any close range tips? Seems like people go for a double melee most of the time, or get a quick melee in then some jammy shots. Seems pretty random..

I think alot of people are interested in it, just want to go through the story first since its pretty engaging.

Teknoman

Wow MP is fun as hell AND has a great soundtrack. This is awesome.

London Underground is pretty cool, but i'm a sucker for shootouts on trains. I should be on later tonight, so hopefully I can join up with the chatroom GAF crew. Had some fun back in U2 and of course the U3 beta. Now its time for the real deal.

tigerin

Teknoman said:
Wow MP is fun as hell AND has a great soundtrack. This is awesome.

London Underground is pretty cool, but i'm a sucker for shootouts on trains. I should be on later tonight, so hopefully I can join up with the chatroom GAF crew. Had some fun back in U2 and of course the U3 beta. Now its time for the real deal.

london underground map is good but the train part is not. annoying as hell how my guy can't get into the train from the roof because the character movement is slippery and i don't know how many times i died from falling trying to escape into the window.

tigerin

is there a difference between the multiplayer and the subway beta? it seems similar to me. but now people liking it?

Teknoman

People didnt like MP? Didnt have trouble getting back into the train, but sometimes it gets kinda claustrophobic if everyone decides to stay inside one of the cars.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
we.are.the.armada said:

Thanks guys!
all clothing items are kept.

tigerin

Teknoman said:
People didnt like MP? Didnt have trouble getting back into the train, but sometimes it gets kinda claustrophobic if everyone decides to stay inside one of the cars.

yea, they said the enemies took longer to killed, sprinting is too fast, aiming especially the sniper rifles has problems, smoke bombs unbalanced, etc.

we.are.the.armada said:

Thanks guys!

How do you get the Cat Ears? I've been playing Co-op arena pretty much exclusively and haven't gotten a single golden buddha. Is it just random?

Teknoman

tigerin said:
yea, they said the enemies took longer to killed, sprinting is too fast, aiming especially the sniper rifles has problems, smoke bombs unbalanced, etc.

Hmm I didnt get a chance to play during the Subway MP promo, so no experience there.

iLLmAtlc

MarshMellow96 said:

I think you should never start with a melee attack. If you're having trouble in close try switching to the Micro (with the blind-fire accuracy mod too) and you should start winning some more fights. Either try spraying them a fair amount before finishing them off with a melee attack or keep running around and spraying. I try to stick to the latter because the melee seems to be hit or miss for me. Sometimes I feel like I've sprayed them enough but then I hit melee and the people stay standing and kill me with a 2nd melee shot lol.

gdt

If you two melee each other, roll away and shoot. There's no downtime for rolling and shooting, but there's downtime before you can melee again.

Played A LOT of splitscreen with my brother. It was incredible. Co op arena, then adventure, then some team deathmatch as buddies (he's never played UC online) and we were wrecking. 1st and 2nd.

But it doesn't seem like Naughtydog.com tracks your time online if you're in splitscreen. :(

Darkkn

Really enjoying MP overall, but few things that could be tweaked:

- Melee is annoing and akward. Why does character go to full standstill when meleeing? :/
- It's dumb that so often both players die when in melee situations.
- Some of the maps feel too tight for the speed of players.
- Only a few new MP maps, WTF. I have a feeling that they are sitting on some maps for DLC :(
- Treasure drops are rare. If i remember correctly, in first beta treasures were dropped more often.
- No random playlist as 'default' like in UC2. This leads to people flogging to TDM mostly :/
- Not much clothing for non-custom character.

Also i really hope that ND doesn't add stupid character skins from other games... Enough Coles in UC2...

Hell yea been waiting for this thread! Suscribed!

Played my first Co Op adventure today. I did not know there was some small continuity in the levels. It was a big surprise for me.

I'm always down for some Co-op guys, add me Jrod87! Please in the message though say who you are from GAF =)

Darkkn said:
I think enemy has to be below certain health when meleeing.

Yep, it's only worked with me when my coop partner has already softened them up with bullets.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
MP is fun, but ND still has to make fixes to make it the best MP ever. Co-op arena is a ton of fun with randoms. Most people seem to understand the objectives.

Am I the only asshole in the world to get lucky and get the same duplicate treasure 3 times in a row or are there are others out there that feel my pain?

Darkkn

giancarlo123x said:
Am I the only asshole in the world to get lucky and get the same duplicate treasure 3 times in a row or are there are others out there that feel my pain?
This is the worst. Should not happen.

chessnut

yeah they needa fix that treasure shit and they should let you buy a mission whenever you want. It sucks having to buy an 'easy adventure co-op' mission then have everyone vote medium...or if you have a 'get 20 kills' mission and get like 18 in the first match...you should be able to buy another mission midway through the 2nd game to start something else.

gibration

VsRobot said:
What boosters / kickbacks are you guys using?
I'm kind of just messing around with most of them as of now but my main loadout looks like this:

Booster 1 - Regeneration - Level 3
Booster 2 - Back in the Saddle - Level 3
Medal Kickback - RPG/Smoke Bomb

I somewhat like the Smoke Bomb more but I find both very useful in certain situations.

Best setup is without a doubt is

Booster 1: Explosives Expert lvl 3 (Have two extra grenade slots and when killed by a grenade start next life with another)

Booster 2: Kickback Endurance lvl3 (Kickbacks with timers are increased dramatically)

Kickback: Quick Boom costs 7 medals (Gives grenade that explodes on impact)

So fucking broken. I want to use some of the other boosters and kickbacks but why would I change this godlike setup. Having FOUR grenades that kill extremely easy and last nearly 30-35 sec. is ridiculous. You die? No big deal. Your kickback keeps counting down from where you left off when you respawn.

Sometimes I can get another kickback while just using the first kickback. It's crazy.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
VsRobot said:
What boosters / kickbacks are you guys using?
It depends on the game mode...but my choice is:

Weapon Expert (Gold/Level 3)
Daredevil (Silver/Level 2...almost at level 3!)
Kickback: Cluster Bomb

Long Range Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Pistols: Raffica

NeoUltima

Nothing beats a good match of plunder. Fun as hell, and a shit load of experience. I got 80% of a level from one game (and I was lvl 73). Had over 50 kills. Chaotic and crazy fun.

Also, I must be the only person online that goes for the In Your Face medal. It's easy money and hilarious.

And also, fuck level 3 fleetfoot. Nerf that shit ND.

Thrakier said:
Wow, the thread is really dead, isn't it. Why? MP is fantastic. Fan-tas-tic.
Everyone posting in OT in gaming.

Top Bottom