• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Great OT except one thing. I don't see a release date?

15400998261_17551698d4_o.jpg

Hawk269

One thing I don't get is why do I get my fame points deducted when some of the douchebag A.I bump into me lol.

Sounds like what Turn 10 does with mainline Forza games. When trying to do a clean lap if the AI hits you it cost you the clean lap. Sounds like they have something similar by having fame points deducted regardless of who was at fault.

h3ro

Did anyone else get a prompt for pre-order bonuses on PSN?

The only files that downloaded for me were the game and the update.

Why are the reviews not out till the same day as the game?

There's nothing worse than someone reading a great review, rushing to the shop and then finding they can't buy it for another week. It's an attempt to avoid that crushing sense of disappointment.

Seriously though, if you're worried about the reviews you can always just try the PS+ version.

Sounds like what Turn 10 does with mainline Forza games. When trying to do a clean lap if the AI hits you it cost you the clean lap. Sounds like they have something similar by having fame points deducted regardless of who was at fault.

To be fair though some tracks have very tight corners, I mean if you are not going to want to be in 1st place then I just don't see how you're going to drive without even you, yourself bumping against others like a motherfucker, even if it is not your intention to do so.

It is difficult only when you don't know the track but once you do it becomes easy as long as you do all the turns alright and know when to push the breaks and when to speed up. Fucking up or trying to take corner shortcuts will penalize you in a way that limits your speed for a few seconds so as long as you play right then it's all good. However, I noticed on tour mode as i'm progressing, the A.I got more noticeably aggressive but as long as you don't fuck up alot, you could finish in first or atleast top 3.

One thing I don't get is why do I get my fame points deducted when some of the douchebag A.I bump into me lol.

The first part sounds fair. The second...yeah, I hope the AI isn't that much of a bitch to the point the game becomes annoying.

According to this post, some Evo devs don't expect the game to review well:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=133009811&postcount=5205

They should have delayed it a couple months more to be honest :/
Yeah, I'm not expecting it to review well either. I would have been ok with another delay, but the backlash towards Sony and Evo would have been huge.

To be fair though some tracks have very tight corners, I mean if you are not going to want to be in 1st place then I just don't see how you're going to drive without even you, yourself bumping against others like a motherfucker, even if it is not your intention to do so.
Speaking of AI and trying to run clean, how many laps are in your average race here? The more laps, the more clean I can drive because I don't need to overtake at each and every opportunity without fail.

The way I see it you can either ask me to win in a few laps or you can ask me to race clean, but not both.

It sounds a little bit like Destiny, where things that were mentioned, even after the delay are not present. I am getting the game regardless on Tuesday, but that quote about the user above speaking to the devs makes them sound like Bungie saying Destiny is a different game after level 20.

What is disturbing is that they are basically saying that the game will be complete sometime in the future, for now give us your $60.00 and we will add in the rest of the stuff at a later date. That is very disturbing to me as a long time gamer. Basics like Replays and Photo mode that are in virtually every current racing game at launch and it is still not in this game after the delays is questionable at best.

Again, I got my PS4 at launch in anticipation for the game and even with the faults the game looks to be a blast.
Naw man. It's not like that at all.

I'm talking about stuff like new content, modes, community feedback, community events, etc, etc. Not that the game will be complete later. It's complete now. I can't reiterate that enough. For some, features such as weather, replays and photo modes are essential; for me they're not. I can understand people saying these features are missing, but that's not the same as saying the game isn't a complete and viable product day one.

As I've said before, the extras are just gravy and don't forget, all the extras are going to be free.

But please, don't take my words to mean DC as it stands isn't feature/content complete. It is.

Gaz_RB

Speaking of AI and trying to run clean, how many laps are in your average race here? The more laps, the more clean I can drive because I don't need to overtake at each and every opportunity without fail.

The way I see it you can either ask me to win in a few laps or you can ask me to race clean, but not both.

I'd like to know this too. Are there any lengthy endurance races? I loved those 20+ minute races in GT and Forza.

Quick question, as I'm thoroughly confused by the wording in the OT for the different versions.

If I preorder/buy the digital version for $49.99 at the discounted PS+ rate, will I be able to play the game if my subscription lapses?

This thread is moving crazy fast. We're not even on the cusp of release quite yet, but it's full speed ahead here regardless!
I can't speak for everyone but as a PS4 only owner I have been starved for a good racer. Something thats not NFS anyway. Plus I am a huge fan of Evos previous work.

It depends. Some levels are just one long lap and the progression is shown on the top right corner in percentage, for example: 90% means you're close to finishing the race. Some levels are 2 laps while others are 3 laps.

Phreak47

Quick question, as I'm thoroughly confused by the wording in the OT for the different versions.

If I preorder/buy the digital version for $49.99 at the discounted PS+ rate, will I be able to play the game if my subscription lapses?

Yep. That was NOT going to be the case, much screaming and yelling ensued, and they changed it to non-expiring.

Yep. That was NOT going to be the case, much screaming and yelling ensued, and they changed it to non-expiring.

Are you serious? I wasn't that interested in this game a few months ago, but I've jumped on the hype wagon, hard. How could that have ever been a consideration? Seems sort of crazy considering you can just buy the game retail for $10 more and keep it forever.

There is a trophy to get a podium finish in a race of 12 without losing Fame because you hit someone.

20% completion on that one, so you should be able to avoid people easily enough if you try hard to.

Also someone just Platinum'd it. http://psnprofiles.com/T_Knightingale

StoopKid

Im what way? could you expand on this?

thanks

Just embarrassing posts in the review thread.

You'll probably see someone say fire yosp.
Then there we'll be someone saying evolution should be shutdown.

Pretty much like the early driveclub threads on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom