• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
But why are you and others confused? I knew and most people knew that the rain was going to patched in post launch (soon after launch actually), so why are people suddenly acting as if they didn't know? I've seen literally hundreds and hundreds of posts in every single Driveclub thread explaining this, so I find it hard to believe anyone who's been following Driveclub are still surprised.

Faux shock.

To be fair in regards to the weather footage - has Sony/Evo actually released any "official" videos that use the post-launch weather scenarios? Everything I've seen is either off-camera demos shown to an audience, or media outlets playing a preview build that includes it - in which case it should be their responsibility to make the disclaimer for the viewer.

None of the official Driveclub trailers utilized it, that I have seen.

le-seb

The last I know - from months ago - was "before Christmas". I don't know what the current official line is.
It's still the same. We should get some date during this week or the next one.

And... Why can't all people read the OP?
There's a shit ton of information in it, and it's gorgeous looking, too.
Poor Radec... :(

I'm keen to hear more about the online MP as well (not the integrated asynchronous challenges as they seem pretty self explanatory now). Now there's copies of the game out in the wild and the MP servers are up hopefully someone can answer the questions I've wondered about for ages.

The OT doesn't mention it beyond "play online with friends or other players by jumping into live playlists" which sounds like quick match MP racing but no-one has really confirmed how the MP works.

Is the racing lobby based or is it pre-set quick match events or is it some kind of customisable hybrid of the two?

If it is the first of those (lobby) what kind of tools does the host have to setup the lobby?If it is quick race events, how many are there and what kind of variation is there in car selection? If it is a hybrid of the two, how does it work?

Is there any shuffle racing type mode or any type of host option for championships with win based performance ballast?

Is the player count in a multiplayer race still 12?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I can`t answer all your questions because some things are still unclear to me, allthough I already own the game :D

So, online you have still max. 12 players. At the start of the MP you can choose between some kind of matchmaking and your own session. But as far as i have seen your session isn`t anything like a private lobby. You can only join the matchmaking races but with 2 or more players instead of only you. And at the matchmaking you can choose between six variants of playing. Today every type had only british cars and you could register for it to get in the next race. Thats all I know for now.

But I didn`t see any option to make an own session with own rules or anything like that. I hope I just overlooked it, because this would be really bad.

nero2082

Those tracks are not in the soundtrack, people need to stop posting them. Only "all action" and "be here now" are the known tracks so far. And it seems there are just a few more with a ridiculuous amount of remixes.

I'm extremely dissapointed with this, i had high hopes for a stellar soundtrack. : /

whaat? what happened to Black Sun Empire and Noisia, both were known to be on soundtrack remixed by Hybrid...wtf

Radec reading these posts like

tumblr_m2gaac025s1qgcra2o1_500.gif

viveks86

But why are you and others confused? I knew and most people knew that the rain was going to patched in post launch (soon after launch actually), so why are people suddenly acting as if they didn't know? I've seen literally hundreds and hundreds of posts in every single Driveclub thread explaining this, so I find it hard to believe anyone who's been following Driveclub are still surprised.

That's ok. Not everyone is plugged in to the topic. Looking at this thread, it seems like there are a lot of people taking interest in the game for the first time. No need to turn it into a battle of words :)

The OP is not clear about the weather being post-launch. The only place I saw it mentioned is "dynamic weather" under "future updates".

Since so much DriveClub footage here revolves around the OMFG graphics - in which some of the very best are weather related - it should be made crystal clear to people:

* No rain or snow at launch.
* Will come in a free update sometime before Christmas.

viveks86

The OP is not clear about the weather being post-launch. The only place I saw it mentioned is "dynamic weather" under "future updates".

Since so much DriveClub footage here revolves around the OMFG graphics - in which some of the very best are weather related - it should be made crystal clear to people:

Agreed. Especially with renewed interest in the game, it is best to explicitly call it out in the OP as well.

viveks86

Sorry how is it not clear when its in the section marked future updates?

Because it says "dynamic weather" and people assume weather is still in. Not everyone knows that weather is cloud conditions and not rain or snow. Calling it out in the OP can only be a good thing right?

rrc1594

I'm sorry to stir up anything I honestly didn't know, because till literally like yesterday It wasn't day one purchase for me. My brother just got PS4 on saturday, he was planning on getting the game. So I decide to get the game also, to play with him. Only thing I knew of the game was videos I seen.

Phreak47

Anybody waiting for the T300 wheel in the US? I've decided on this one but as far as availability the latest I've seen is a three week old press release from Thrustmaster saying it "will be available in North America from September, 2014, at a suggested retail price of $399.99 "

I can't find any site taking preorders in the States.

Anyone have any fresher news on this?

DOWN

Banned
That's ok. Not everyone is plugged in to the topic. Looking at this thread, it seems like there are a lot of people taking interest in the game for the first time. No need to turn it into a battle of words :)
Eh, before I consider myself to have been paying attention, I knew weather was coming as an update. It was in the first article I read back when weather was revealed. Made sense to me since it wasn't part of the earliest footage and was clearly an addition in my head. Now it seems a bit hard to miss the info that it's an update.

spwolf

you mean you want people posting these OMFG graphics to put a disclaimer how weather is coming in next 30 to 60 days?

Ted

I can`t answer all your questions because some things are still unclear to me, allthough I already own the game :D

So, online you have still max. 12 players. At the start of the MP you can choose between some kind of matchmaking and your own session. But as far as i have seen your session isn`t anything like a private lobby. You can only join the matchmaking races but with 2 or more players instead of only you. And at the matchmaking you can choose between six variants of playing. Today every type had only british cars and you could register for it to get in the next race. Thats all I know for now.

But I didn`t see any option to make an own session with own rules or anything like that. I hope I just overlooked it, because this would be really bad.

Thanks mate. Information is very much appreciated.

So it sounds like quick match with an in game party type system and I can't just choose a class or car, a track, time of day and, where relevant, number of laps and invite friends. Is that a fair description?

Thanks again for the reply.

I'm keen to hear more about the online MP as well (not the integrated asynchronous challenges as they seem pretty self explanatory now). Now there's copies of the game out in the wild and the MP servers are up hopefully someone can answer the questions I've wondered about for ages.

The OT doesn't mention it beyond "play online with friends or other players by jumping into live playlists" which sounds like quick match MP racing but no-one has really confirmed how the MP works.

Is the racing lobby based or is it pre-set quick match events or is it some kind of customisable hybrid of the two?

If it is the first of those (lobby) what kind of tools does the host have to setup the lobby?If it is quick race events, how many are there and what kind of variation is there in car selection? If it is a hybrid of the two, how does it work?

Is there any shuffle racing type mode or any type of host option for championships with win based performance ballast?

Is the player count in a multiplayer race still 12?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

If you watch the following video you will see them using the MP and some hiccups during the stream. Hope it helps

Driveclub takes the highway to the PS4 zone: http://youtu.be/VtaT43vInCY

Sorry how is it not clear when its in the section marked future updates?

It does not matter though. :)

This is the first screenshot in the OP:

This is the first section of the "Details about Driveclub" section:

Weather

1. NASA data was used to accurately map out the night sky — so wherever you are in the world you’ll see the correct star constellations for your location.
2. If you’re lucky, you’ll get to see the northern lights — it’s possible to see the aurora borealis from the northern tracks in Norway, Scotland, and Canada.
3. All clouds are full 3D models to ensure accurate light diffusion from the sun. They’re calculated at massive distances in a fully volumetric form, so thin clouds cast lighter shadows than dense storm clouds, and their color impacts the feel of the landscapes and cars.
4. Skies are uniquely generated every time you play, so just like in real life you’ll never see the same sky twice. Unless you’re replaying somebody’s challenge, in which case it’ll replicate exactly to ensure a level playing field.
5. You can play with settings to speed up or slow down the day/night cycle. With some circuits taking over a couple of minutes per lap, at 60x accelerated speed with a judicious choice of start time, it’s possible to experience two sunrises and sunsets in one race. Both of which will be completely different to each other.
6. Clouds react dynamically to different wind speeds. This is then converted into a ground wind speed which accurately interacts with all vegetation, overhead cables and other environmental features, based on their height from the ground.
7. Waves and rippling on the surface of lakes is dynamically linked to wind speed, which affects how clear reflections are in the water.

Then, after a huge amount of information and images, there is this:

Like, forgive me for not realizing the weather wasn't going to be available at launch, I guess. I'm out, this thread is ridiculous.

viveks86

Eh, before I consider myself to have been paying attention, I knew weather was coming as an update. It was in the first article I read back when weather was revealed. Made sense to me since it wasn't part of the earliest footage and was clearly an addition in my head. Now it seems a bit hard to miss the info that it's an update.

There are people who haven't followed the game at all. In the last few pages, there was one person who didn't even know the game is releasing this week. Let's not overestimate the extent of others' knowledge based on our own. There are many games I don't follow at all until post-launch and reviews. I'ms sure it's the same case for you.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I'm sorry to stir up anything I honestly didn't know, because till literally like yesterday It wasn't day one purchase for me. My brother just got PS4 on saturday, he was planning on getting the game. So I decide to get the game also, to play with him. Only thing I knew of the game was videos I seen.

No need to apologise, it was me thinking the worse. I'm sorry about that.

Loudninja

Oh its cool bro. :)

bud

Like, forgive me for not realizing the weather wasn't going to be available at launch, I guess. I'm out, this thread is ridiculous.

with the exception of new cars, all of those feature should've been available at launch.

still seems kinda rushed to me.

It's mind boggling to me that photo/replay modes won't make it for launch. I can't even imagine what this game would have been if it released 11 months ago. I'm still picking it up, but I get the feeling it won't review particularly well for missing features at launch.

MrS

Banned
Really torn between the cheap PSN+ upgrade and the lovely Steelbook version. Somebody tell me what to do

bought the digital version this morning. couldn't resist

first time buying a retail game digitally. feels good

It'll feel better when it just unlocks magically and you start playing!

I also bought this digitally, among other reasons, because driving games are the ones I like to hop in and out of frequently for a few races. Will be nice not having to put in a disc every time

Arklite

Good job, guys! :/

Well he said he'd check it after dynamic weather, so maybe some will come back. I'm pretty psyched to see how well this turns out. Feels a bit like round two from Evos' original Motorstorm launch. Same high visual expectations, same content critiques.

Hoje0308

Banned
It's mind boggling to me that photo/replay modes won't make it for launch. I can't even imagine what this game would have been if it released 11 months ago. I'm still picking it up, but I get the feeling it won't review particularly well for missing features at launch.

What missing features? Those were never intended for launch and are simply additional features that Evo are patching in at a later date.

The weather described in that big section is in the game at launch, if you don't consider that weather then complain to a meteorologist. I'm not one but do work in a building filled with them. Personally I find that element of it more impressive than the forthcoming rain/snow effects, but maybe that's just me.

Can't wait for this game. I'm really tempted to get the full version now, before trying the PS+ version. I'm torn. I'll probably bite the bullet before the end of tomorrow. :)

If anyone would like to add me, my PSN is SalientChief / U.S. west coast.

yurinka

Yes, but only in India with 10 cars. (correct/kill me if wrong)
PS Plus version has all the game modes features and content and upcoming free DLC like additionar cars and tracks, rain, snow or photo mode.

Even the Platinum trophy can be achived in the PS Plus version, only the cars and tracks have been limited there compared to the full game.

What missing features? Those were never intended for launch and are simply additional features that Evo are patching in at a later date.
Tell that to reviewers. While they were never promised, you have to admit that they are pretty standard modes for racing games nowadays.

Again, not trying to be a debbie downer as I am still excited for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom