• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell that to reviewers. While they were never promised, you have to admit that they are pretty standard modes for racing games nowadays.

Again, not trying to be a debbie downer as I am still excited for the game.

No need to tell reviewers that, if they were real gaming "journalist" they would have known a long time before getting their hands on the game.

bombshell

PS Plus version has all the game modes features and content and upcoming free DLC like additionar cars and tracks, rain, snow or photo mode.

Even the Platinum trophy can be achived in the PS Plus version, only the cars and tracks have been limited there compared to the full game.

Not entirely correct.

The free PS+ version will get weather update and any free tracks in India.

Tracks in other locations and all cars paid or free will not be part of the free PS+ version.

What missing features? Those were never intended for launch and are simply additional features that Evo are patching in at a later date.

Speaking with a couple of the devs last night, they fully expect to not review well... but... turns out they don't really care. They're looking at the bigger picture, the long game (so to speak). Driveclub after a few months will be a different beast. They're focusing on constant support and development post-release.

A lot of the features were never intended for the original release but the 12 months delay allowed Evo to make a start on these features. Maybe being so open and transparent about this stuff is going to bite them in the arse. Maybe if they'd kept quiet about photo mode/weather/replays then such concerns about the title being "unfinished" would have been avoided.

I dunno about anyone else but I'm happy with the approach Evo have taken. They are being totally open about what's coming. That's something that should be applauded and appreciated rather than the constant bashing they're getting about an unfinished product.

Driveclub isn't going to be a "fire and forget" game for Evo. It was clear last night it's been a labour of love and something that they're going to support going forwards with equal amounts of love.

On a separate note, imagine a new Motorstorm in these amazing environments. Imagine each location, Scotland for example, being more of an open-world style map rather than a series of dedicated circuits/routes.

Just imagine...

;-)

Although I would rather have the rain/snow on day one, at least this way when it does come it will add a level of freshness to the game.

Hoje0308

Banned
Tell that to reviewers. While they were never promised, you have to admit that they are pretty standard modes for racing games nowadays.

Again, not trying to be a debbie downer as I am still excited for the game.

I do think that will be a problem, but the kind of weather they have is not at all standard and neither is photo mode. Replays are an odd omission though.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I'm actually mad at this challenge right now.

Worst of all I'm scraping behind psn by mere points.

Drift challenges are a bitch. Although I'm finally able to compete in all modes from the cockpit view.

Quick side note, in one of my many retries I paused the game in such a way that the camera landed right in front of a tree branch, I shit you guys not, every leaf was detailed down the caterpillar nibbles.

VanWinkle

Speaking with a couple of the devs last night, they fully expect to not review well... but... turns out they don't really care. They're looking at the bigger picture, the long game (so to speak). Driveclub after a few months will be a different beast. They're focusing on constant support and development post-release.

A lot of the features were never intended for the original release but the 12 months delay allowed Evo to make a start on these features. Maybe being so open and transparent about this stuff is going to bite them in the arse. Maybe if they'd kept quiet about photo mode/weather/replays then such concerns about the title being "unfinished" would have been avoided.

I dunno about anyone else but I'm happy with the approach Evo have taken. They are being totally open about what's coming. That's something that should be applauded and appreciated rather than the constant bashing they're getting about an unfinished product.

Driveclub isn't going to be a "fire and forget" game for Evo. It was clear last night it's been a labour of love and something that they're going to support going forwards with equal amounts of love.

On a separate note, imagine a new Motorstorm in these amazing environments. Imagine each location being more of an open-world style map.

Imagine...

;-)

Evo doesn't think the game is going to review well? Why?

Xater

If PS can make this a standard pricing scheme for all their first parties at least. Then I will be a poor man.

Only if the price difference is this big. I think the US discount is a joke. Her ein Europe it's a significant discount we get. It's down from 69,99€ to 39,99€. For a 30€ discount I would go digital.

Nokterian

Why do i see every page posting about the content that is coming? I mean sure it's need to be added to the OP for clarification or people just don't look further then they suppose to do but holy hell seeing same questions over and over again doesn't really help.

Do we get thunder and lightning day and date with rain and snow? I haven't heard all four discussed together as part of one update.

Last night we were told the lightning is not just a texture in the sky but that each lightning fork will be modeled and actually strike the ground...

Evo doesn't think the game is going to review well? Why?

Ok, should point out it was a couple of devs so that's not to say "Evo" feel that way. The guys I spoke to didn't go into detail about why, but instead talked about the future of DC.

Saberus

On a separate note, imagine a new Motorstorm in these amazing environments. Imagine each location, Scotland for example, being more of an open-world style map rather than a series of dedicated circuits/routes.

Just imagine...

;-)

Thanks for the info :)

Little secret about game marketing/commercials: Most of em are awful. It's either these corny live action spots, or pure noise. In most cases the game is usually misrepresented or undersold (as with every other industry). I can count on one hand the amount of commercials from last gen that made you stop and take notice in a good way.

Yep. When they do use ingame footage, they cut it to within an inch of it's life. If the game looks good, show it in one continual sequence.

d1rtn4p

Just imagine...

;-)

Will definitely wait for the game to be complete before buying it...I just kept getting more sad as I read through your post.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Although I would rather have the rain/snow on day one, at least this way when it does come it will add a level of freshness to the game.

That's how I see it. Most people have been excited by what whether brings to the graphics, but for me, whether will also bring a new level of difficulty, which is more important in my opinion.

aro52

Just imagine...

;-)

:O Somebody heard something from someone!

le-seb

Because it says "dynamic weather" and people assume weather is still in.
But "weather" is still in. Weather is not limited to precipitations, dammit!
And it's already dynamic in the sense that cloud cover and wind conditions are evolving in game.

Not that this can't be made clearer in OP, but I don't think there's a need to baby feed information...

bombshell

Just imagine...

;-)

Did they tease a new Motorstorm at the community event? OMG *faints*

Dinjooh

Just imagine...

;-)

Bradley I think I am in love.

DRIVESTORM?

MOTORCLUB?

aaaaaaahhh

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Will definitely wait for the game to be complete before buying it...I just kept getting more sad as I read through your post.

Then you'll wait forever because the game IS complete on release. What comes afterwards are things they are adding to keep the game fresh. They've even talked about the possibility of adding in more 'open' environments. They are going to try and offer content the community wants.

BradleyLove said:
Ahh hey man! Didn't realise it was you...lol. Was a good night indeed, dash cam was the one for me, every time. No issues using controller, however, I was crap awful using the T300 wheel. First time using a wheel ever though so I need some practice. Felt pretty great all the same, even though I was at a bit of a loss at how to properly handle cars with one.

I'm actually mad at this challenge right now.

Worst of all I'm scraping behind psn by mere points.

Drift challenges are a bitch. Although I'm finally able to compete in all modes from the cockpit view.

Quick side note, in one of my many retries I paused the game in such a way that the camera landed right in front of a tree branch, I shit you guys not, every leaf was detailed down the caterpillar nibbles.

You and me both brother. The only drifting in a racing game that I enjoyed immensely was Dirt 3. That game was so enjoyable to drift in. I'm still trying to get a hang of drifting in Driveclub but whenever I feel that I do, I fuck up.

I don't see why you should be sad? What I played last night was complete and worth every penny. What's coming is the icing on the cake.

:O Somebody heard something from someone!

Evo didn't tease anything. I had a couple of conversations where we talked about Motorstorm and how the awesome DC environments would be a great fit. No one at Evo said anything, or would be alllowed to say anything anyway.

But it's such an obvious evolution (heh) of the Motorstorm series that I'd be stunned if Evo weren't thinking along similar lines.

I'm keen to hear more about the online MP as well (not the integrated asynchronous challenges as they seem pretty self explanatory now). Now there's copies of the game out in the wild and the MP servers are up hopefully someone can answer the questions I've wondered about for ages.

The OT doesn't mention it beyond "play online with friends or other players by jumping into live playlists" which sounds like quick match MP racing but no-one has really confirmed how the MP works.

Is the racing lobby based or is it pre-set quick match events or is it some kind of customisable hybrid of the two?

If it is the first of those (lobby) what kind of tools does the host have to setup the lobby?If it is quick race events, how many are there and what kind of variation is there in car selection? If it is a hybrid of the two, how does it work?

Is there any shuffle racing type mode or any type of host option for championships with win based performance ballast?

Is the player count in a multiplayer race still 12?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Thanks mate. Information is very much appreciated.

So it sounds like quick match with an in game party type system and I can't just choose a class or car, a track, time of day and, where relevant, number of laps and invite friends. Is that a fair description?

Thanks again for the reply.

Yes, this is a good description. I hope that I just overlooked something, because I want the same options as in SP!

To the people who have the game and are at an advanced stage:

Do you think the game is difficult? If so, do you think it's difficult in a cheap way?

Edit: Wait, we're getting thunder/lightning? Dios mío...

Gaz_RB

You and me both brother. The only drifting in a racing game that I enjoyed immensely was Dirt 3. That game was so enjoyable to drift in. I'm still trying to get a hang of drifting in Driveclub but whenever I feel that I do, I fuck up.

There was drifting in Dirt 3? Hmm must not have made it far enough. I really loved the drifting in NFS Prostreet or whatever it was called.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.

What's your psn?

WoolyNinja

How can this not be advertised in the Best Buy ads videogame section? What is Sony doing?

Not only did they not advertise DriveClub in the Best Buy ad, but its below Alien Isolation and Divekick (?) in the PS Blogs "The Drop"? If I was doing advertising for Sony this would be the main focus of all my PS4 advertising. I feel like they're underestimating how much PS4 owners have been craving a decent racing game.

To the people who have the game and are at an advanced stage:

Do you think the game is difficult? If so, do you think it's difficult in a cheap way?

It is difficult only when you don't know the track but once you do it becomes easy as long as you do all the turns alright and know when to push the breaks and when to speed up. Fucking up or trying to take corner shortcuts will penalize you in a way that limits your speed for a few seconds so as long as you play right then it's all good. However, I noticed on tour mode as i'm progressing, the A.I got more noticeably aggressive but as long as you don't fuck up alot, you could finish in first or atleast top 3.

One thing I don't get is why do I get my fame points deducted when some of the douchebag A.I bump into me lol.

Hawk269

It sounds a little bit like Destiny, where things that were mentioned, even after the delay are not present. I am getting the game regardless on Tuesday, but that quote about the user above speaking to the devs makes them sound like Bungie saying Destiny is a different game after level 20.

What is disturbing is that they are basically saying that the game will be complete sometime in the future, for now give us your $60.00 and we will add in the rest of the stuff at a later date. That is very disturbing to me as a long time gamer. Basics like Replays and Photo mode that are in virtually every current racing game at launch and it is still not in this game after the delays is questionable at best.

Again, I got my PS4 at launch in anticipation for the game and even with the faults the game looks to be a blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom