• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted

If you watch the following video you will see them using the MP and some hiccups during the stream. Hope it helps

Driveclub takes the highway to the PS4 zone: http://youtu.be/VtaT43vInCY

Thanks for the link.

This also seems to imply it is just pre-defined events that you join with or without your club/party. It's a pretty unfocused stream though and they don't seem particularly informed about racing games generally and Driveclub specifically so I just skimmed after they finally joined a pre-defined event together (Norway, in a Ruf).

Looked like there was six events to choose as of when the stream was running (I assume these will rotate/be added to):

Euro hot hatch class @ a course I couldn't read the name of;
Performance class night race @ Tamil Nadu;
Bently Conti GT vs MB A45 AMG night race @ Cayoosh Point;
MB SLS AMG Coupe Black vs Ruf RT12R vs Audi R8 V10 @ Hurrungane
Euro performance class @ SKN0
Euro sports @ Skjolden

Since there are no tuning or assist options it looks like pick one you like and go.

Yes, this is a good description. I hope that I just overlooked something, because I want the same options as in SP!

I'd be keen to have hosted lobbies with a comprehensive range of host tools and I'm surprised that with the focus on social and such small "intimate" clubs this isn't an option.

Enjoy the game mate and thanks again. :)

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
another day of hype and tiny details and i still dont understand how faceoffs clubs and challenges _exactly_ work.

if its just faceoffs come from your friends list and challenges can be sent to a club by typing their club name and there is a global club leaderboard i think the social aspects will get criticised like destiny as hype with flimsy substance.

Face offs are randomly generated throughout a race from players wothin your skill threshold that have previously run that course

Sometimes you're the one setting a record others will face off later on with.

Challenges you can create from previous events you've completed . if you thought you were hot shit on your last race, go to the challenges menu and select the race you just did to issue a challenge to your friends or rival clubs.

There is a trophy to get a podium finish in a race of 12 without losing Fame because you hit someone.

20% completion on that one, so you should be able to avoid people easily enough if you try hard to.

Also someone just Platinum'd it. http://psnprofiles.com/T_Knightingale

Alright, just tried out my method of staying at 12 place and finishing the race but it didn't work lol, reading it again it said "podium" which I guess means top 3. Anyways, did it and got 1st place.

iYvKdPXRx1ibd.jpg

What I recommend is setting up a race of 12 on rookie difficulity and choosing one of them hot hatch cars. Don't try to overtake opponents, only when there are sharp turns do so, be patient and little bumps are alright. However, there is a possibility of the A.I just bumping into you hard so, there is abit of luck as well but it's not hard. Also, choose a short track.

Bonus pics taken by me from many, many pages ago.

I'm still in awe over this game.

Ploid 3.0

The best part about this statement is thinking of the engines potential.

Lets say Driveclub is v1.0 of this engine. If the engine is scalable and can be further improved and refined just imagine what v2.0 or v3.0 of it will be like in future games.

That's a pleasant thought to consider.

All I have to say is Motorstorm PS4 is going to blow my mind. I just know it, I already felt like I already felt like I tore stuff up in the past Motorstorms (especially Pacific Rift). Seeing the sense of speed in Driveclub and now I kinda want to hold onto things while looking at videos of the game makes me feel like Motorstorm will be insane.

Imagine if they are able to get a game with their engine using Morpheus... goodness.

You might have liked Dirt. That was a pretty fun game
If there was a racing game last generation, chances are I played it. Dirt was great, Dirt 2 was really good, and Dirt 3 was disappointing. Each title's focus on rally racing (my fave) got less and less and the increased focus on the Gymkhana nonsense was infuriating. But yeah, Dirt 1 was awesome and one of my favorite racers last generation.

Lady Gaia

I'm a dyed-in-the-wool INTJ who doesn't like being around other people F2F, so I agree with you 100%.

Hah! ENXP here but the E is weak enough that I'm not looking to be the life of the party by midnight. The problem is that I do like owning the physical object, especially for high-profile releases that I expect to want to keep on a shelf somewhere. So this is something of an experiment for me, but I could see getting addicted to the immediacy and lack of clutter.

So what's the current theory about the expansion country? I think I've seen Japan cited as one possibility. An island nation definitely has potential. I could also see the USA for a mix of coastal and interior tracks, or something in South America.

barit

Wah my pre-loading hasn't started yet ! I'm concerned and that's something you don't wanna read in a DriveClub thread -...-

I'm ready.

BzN2eiDIIAAeH0q.jpg:large

Oh I wish. I caught the hype bug pretty bad. The wait till tomorrow night is killing me. I have to work at 6am on Tuesday but I'll be damned if I don't at least get a few races in at midnight tomorrow night. I think I will end up getting no sleep and being useless at work.

I like this pre-loading stuff, wish Nintendo did this for my eShop purchases, I love playing new games I am excited about at Midnight

so this means you can press play at midnight right? lol too hyped

CLEEK

Wah my pre-loading hasn't started yet ! I'm concerned and that's something you don't wanna read in a DriveClub thread -...-

Counter intuitively, even through after you've enabled automatic downloads in the PS4's settings, you have to manually enable pre-load on a game by game basis.

Go into the PS4's store, find Driveclub, and somewhere there's a tick box to turn on pre-load.

drotahorror

Motorstorm PS4 confirmed?

" This isn’t just an engine for DriveClub, it’s the engine for our whole lifecycle of PlayStation 4 so it had to be extensible"

Cool, hope to see the engine in another game by Evo. Even a new rally would game be sick. Doesn't even have to be MotorStorm.

I want to burn something. I'm so fucking angry. I received a challenge, to beat 3:34:600 in a track in Chile. I tried literally 10 times until I did so, with 3:33:400. More than 1s less. Then, with 1 minute to expire, some fucker did 3:33:200. I HOPE YOU HAVE A CRUEL DIARRHEA YOU MF.

>_>

BPK

Aside from having no resale value, is there any other disadvantage to going the digital download route as opposed to disc?

viveks86

I want to burn something. I'm so fucking angry. I received a challenge, to beat 3:34:600 in a track in Chile. I tried literally 10 times until I did so, with 3:33:400. More than 1s less. Then, with 1 minute to expire, some fucker did 3:33:200. I HOPE YOU HAVE A CRUEL DIARRHEA YOU MF.

>_>

ROFLMAO!

Aside from having no resale value, is there any other disadvantage to going the digital download route as opposed to disc?

1) The possibility of running out of hard disk space and having to redownload it in the future (because you removed it)
2) Sharing the disc with a friend or gifting it to someone once you are done with it

Having said that, I've gone digital since I bought a 1 TB SSD to address (1) and I rarely ever give out my games (cuz most of my real life friends and family are not gamers)

Is this game worth playing with the DS4 controller? I don't feel like spending $300 dollars for the setup right now.

Yup. I am playing it like that and enjoying it alot. I'm sure with the wheel it would have been more immersive but eh, I have alot of games that i'll be getting within this month and the next. Already got Shadow of Mordor so Alien: Isolation next then The Evil Within, Lords of the fallen, Asscreed Unity, Sunset Overdrive.etc just to name a few.

>_>
That means you can go back and beat him now.

Late Flag

>_>

Haha. I'm looking forward to this sort of thing now that I've added a bunch of gaf-DC friends.

BPK

Are there any disadvantages to buying this game digitally on psn?

This is probably a stupid question, but is one version somehow gimped graphically?

Definetely! It plays really nice. I'm actually surprised at how good it is in the controller. :)

Yup. I am playing it like that and enjoying it alot. I'm sure with the wheel it would have been more immersive but eh, I have alot of games that i'll be getting within this month and the next. Already got Shadow of Mordor so Alien: Isolation next then The Evil Within, Lords of the fallen, Asscreed Unity, Sunset Overdrive.etc just to name a few.

thanks. pre-order here i come. yay

barit

Counter intuitively, even through after you've enabled automatic downloads in the PS4's settings, you have to manually enable pre-load on a game by game basis.

Go into the PS4's store, find Driveclub, and somewhere there's a tick box to turn on pre-load.

I tried but nothing happens except that i always get to the countdown

Welp gonna give it another shot tomorrow. I let my PS4 in stand-by over night maybe that will do the trick

Thanks for the advice though

BPK

ROFLMAO!

1) The possibility of running out of hard disk space and having to redownload it in the future (because you removed it)
2) Sharing the disc with a friend or gifting it to someone once you are done with it

Having said that, I've gone digital since I bought a 1 TB SSD to address (1) and I rarely ever give out my games (cuz most of my real life friends and family are not gamers)

Thanks!

Games in Canada are $79 (with tax) right now so that $50 price tag on the PSN store is too good to pass up. I generally like to own physical version but I'll make an exception for once.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Wtf I can't post?

Edit: nvm

>_>

BiGBoSSMk23

LOL. So what were you actually gonna say?

I did the same thing on a challenge in Chile.

I can still feel the seething rage from all those hopefuls.

viveks86

Yes. Hopefully it is accurate.

Yup. I've already tweeted it out. It's on it's way out to the open world, where certain factions of random people are tempted to tweet back at me with words like "motherfucker" and "fanboy"!

It's always fascinating to watch behavioral patterns of primates that refuse to evolve.

I don't play many racing games, but do all racing games apart from Forza and GT choke with replay mode? Like NFS, GRID, Split Second, Blur, Dirt, etc?

Someone pointed out that Motorstorm never had replays, so apparently those were all incomplete.

But in seriousness, a replay mode is pretty standard in any track/circuit based racing game. It's a notable omission - but the lack of one does not make the game unfinished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom