• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
2534085-4811722413-ilX7I.gif

This bend kinda reminds me of the Nurburgring. :)

This makes me want to play Alan Wake 2005 but in 2015 technologies

Smh rookie... There are no refunds on software. It's against FCC regulations to take open software back, only even exchanges (opened at service desk)

Also, Walmart locks UPCS from being rung out for games until midnight of launch date, so copies cannot be sold ahead of time unless their home office in AK hits the switch for some reason.

Checking on it now for my own interests, lol

Makes sense.. I am a rookie, I don't think I have ever returned anything to any store ever.

Saberus

Photomode will pause the screen and so remove motion blur. That's when you'll start seeing great screenshots.

Yes, just standard photo's from ps4 will show blur as the surroundings are given a blur effect to enhance the illusion of speed.. the official photo mode will eliminate that.

VanWinkle

Yes, just standard photo's from ps4 will show blur as the surroundings are given a blur effect to enhance the illusion of speed.. the official photo mode will eliminate that.

I don't think motion blur really makes the image quality worse. See:

(This is a double whammy, too, since they're Share screenshots uploaded to Facebook.) Motion blur can make you not see some of the details, but you can still kind of tell whether the image quality is good or not. Like, on NFS Rivals above, the doesn't have amazing image quality, but it still looks good even with all the motion blur and the compressed screenshots.

This is not a comparison (wouldn't even be worth the comparison in graphics, honestly), but more of just an example.

HTupolev

I don't think motion blur really makes the image quality worse.
It can, if the blur trails are too long for the sample count. That can cause graininess, and seems to be one of the contributing factors toward the noise in all these DC screenshots (albeit a noise source that probably won't be quite as noticeable in motion).

Cornbread78

Sorry, Walmart register prompts "sell not allowed" as anticipated...

No street date break, only maybe internal theft of the game, lol.

fernoca

I tried but nothing happens except that i always get to the countdown

Welp gonna give it another shot tomorrow. I let my PS4 in stand-by over night maybe that will do the trick

Thanks for the advice though
Remember that:
Rushy said:
#DRIVECLUB pre-loads should have started or will be starting shortly in the US/CA. EU pre-loads start tomorrow & UK will be Wednesday.
Your info says you're in Germany.

DOWN

Banned
All I have to say is Motorstorm PS4 is going to blow my mind. I just know it, I already felt like I already felt like I tore stuff up in the past Motorstorms (especially Pacific Rift). Seeing the sense of speed in Driveclub and now I kinda want to hold onto things while looking at videos of the game makes me feel like Motorstorm will be insane.

Imagine if they are able to get a game with their engine using Morpheus... goodness.

Maybe we'll get this version of Motorstorm from the faux PS3 reveal "gameplay" debacle:

vngblV.gif

Kz31lE.gif

Noobcraft

And Forza Horizon 2. Been taking photos nonstop since I got it, the game looks good enough in motion but the photo mode takes it to a whole other level.
True but Horizon 2 (and Horizon 1) have amazing IQ from the get go. Driveclub definitely looks like it falls into the Forza 5 side where it looks amazing in motion (and Driveclub looks especially amazing in motion) but it looks pretty awful at a stand still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom