• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been this hyped on ps4 since Shadow Fall. Its going to be a long 25 hours. I am looking forward to some clean white knuckle toe to toe driving.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
fvbunl.gif

iMJdibi.gif

Ran Ran

I need to stop coming into this thread because each time I do it makes me want to buy Driveclub even more. These gifs, pictures, and videos are all awesome.

I already have so many games I'm getting in the next two months... must...resist...

psn

The thing with Driveclub is, that it looks unbelieveable in motion and has an awesome sense of speed, while being 30fps. I think the motion blur helps the game looking like 60fps, but it looks weird on screenshots. You can see jaggies on screens, but ingame, even when the camera isn't moving, it's so much cleaner. If you take a screenshot while racing and watch it later on your PC or TV, you won't believe how it looks compared to what you see when you're playing. Not even in motion or at higher speed, just ingame...

You have to see that for yourself, images won't help. But I know people want them so here they come
matte paint on the BAC Mono
:
lfHMhS.jpg

0wvEKp.jpg

PqMoqw.jpg

i21wWS.jpg

The thing with Driveclub is, that it looks unbelieveable in motion and has an awesome sense of speed, while being 30fps. I think the motion blur helps the game looking like 60fps, but it looks weird on screenshots. You can see jaggies on screens, but ingame, even when the camera isn't moving, it's so much cleaner. If you take a screenshot while racing and watch it later on your PC or TV, you won't believe how it looks compared to what you see when you're playing. Not even in motion or at higher speed, just ingame...

You have to see that for yourself, images won't help. But I know people want them so here they come

Man it's crazy how many people are saying the screenshots make the game actually look worse. I know you guys aren't lying...but I just need to see it with my own eyes before I can believe it lol.

Just over 24 hours left!

cris7198

Oh crap, I initially didn't have much interest in this game, i was just going to play the ps+ demo, but now.... i'm actually considering buying it, my wallet is sad :(

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
This is fucking great. I just deleted AG SYS trying to kick this guy out that joined before I made it "invite only" ...

Club was level 11 too... Fuck.

nib95

Banned

:
lfHMhS.jpg

0wvEKp.jpg

PqMoqw.jpg

i21wWS.jpg

Immense attention to detail on the vehicles!

hwy_61

Banned
Will the system accept the sell at 12:01 am Tuesday?

Sorry for the late reply, was tied up with FH2! Hah

I mean, I would think so...YMMV on that, man. Some 24 hour stores(Walmart comes to mind) don't even have anyone working the electronics dept. You'll have to pull some poor bastard stocking diapers or some shit, who doesn't know dick about video games. Wait till morning is what I'd recommend.

Isn't it possible that the post-processing AA/effects being used simply don't show up in screens, which would explain the discrepancy?

Isn't it possible that the post-processing AA/effects being used simply don't show up in screens, which would explain the discrepancy?

Yeah, someone else mentioned this is a possibility

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=132776198&postcount=2905

Post processing AA uses the finished frame as its only information (thus post-process) and uses algorithms that try to identify aliasing (mostly through stair-steps between pixels) and the pixels around it to guess a new color value that'll reduce the effect.

I just don't get why it wouldn't show up in screenshots, I was under the impression the PS4 just took a shot of the exact video output you see on your screen. But maybe the OS screenshot feature actually runs something in-game.....?

I am talking out of my ass at this point =\

Dynomutt

Anyone know if this game is region locked? I want to order the red steelbook from shopto dot net but need to make sure. Im in the US. Thanks in advance!

benzy

Sorry for the late reply, was tied up with FH2! Hah

I mean, I would think so...YMMV on that, man. Some 24 hour stores(Walmart comes to mind) don't even have anyone working the electronics dept. You'll have to pull some poor bastard stocking diapers or some shit, who doesn't know dick about video games. Wait till morning is what I'd recommend.

image.php

It's cool, thanks for the reply. I think I might just go digital with this one so I can it play at 3AM lol.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
You can't remove people from your own club?

Yeah but the server wasn't responding so I just said fuck it and left my own club. Insta-regret.

I hope leveling up a new club gets boosted by my driver level. Cause that would suck ass.

Codeblew

Yeah but the server wasn't responding so I just said fuck it and left my own club. Insta-regret.

I hope leveling up a new club gets boosted by my driver level. Cause that would suck ass.

:( Well, you have a lot of practice already, so I am sure you will level up a new one pretty fast.

BiGBoSSMk23

I can't even create a new club now. Shitshitshitshitshitshitshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

:
http://i.cubeupload.com/lfHMhS.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.cubeupload.com/0wvEKp.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.cubeupload.com/PqMoqw.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.cubeupload.com/i21wWS.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

These shots look godly!

I was already mind blown by Shadowfall and Second Son. And this game is already looking like a huge step up. I can't believe we are already getting these kinds of graphics the first year of the consoles life. Only one more long excruciating day until I can finally see all the gloriousness with my own eyes.

arhra

No. The screenshot function grabs the complete, finished frame from memory exactly as it is before it's sent to the HDMI output. Hell, it even grabs system notifications if they're on-screen when you take the screenshot. The issues are just less noticeable when they're flying by and each frame is only visible for 1/30th of a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom