• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. The screenshot function grabs the complete, finished frame from memory exactly as it is before it's sent to the HDMI output. Hell, it even grabs system notifications if they're on-screen when you take the screenshot. The issues are just less noticeable when they're flying by and each frame is only visible for 1/30th of a second.

Yeah that's what I figured. But people are saying the game looks better on screen even when they aren't moving at all.

The thing with Driveclub is, that it looks unbelieveable in motion and has an awesome sense of speed, while being 30fps. I think the motion blur helps the game looking like 60fps, but it looks weird on screenshots. You can see jaggies on screens, but ingame, even when the camera isn't moving, it's so much cleaner. If you take a screenshot while racing and watch it later on your PC or TV, you won't believe how it looks compared to what you see when you're playing. Not even in motion or at higher speed, just ingame...

banagher

What a completely needless, negative shit post (like this one)

The shit post was the one comparing Destiny to Driveclub for some reason.
Fair enough if you were to judge content based on Evolution Studio's past games, but being "concerned" about lack of content because you got burnt on Destiny is laughably dumb.

Cushen

Neo Member
And the waiting game begins...

Screen%20Shot%202014-10-06%20at%2012.23.47%20AM.png

Draper

The shit post was the one comparing Destiny to Driveclub for some reason.
Fair enough if you were to judge content based on Evolution Studio's past games, but being "concerned" about lack of content because you got burnt on Destiny is laughably dumb.

There was absolutely no comparison being made. My buyer's concern has escalated since being burnt on my last purchase.

Some of you are oddly touchy about this game.

Shaneus

Isn't it possible that the post-processing AA/effects being used simply don't show up in screens, which would explain the discrepancy?
Is there any chance that someone who currently has it also has access to a high-def capture card? Would be great to compare between a PS4 "share" and that.

Nice. I like the fact he stated he doesn't like racing games in general but loves this.

I think the challenges will be appealing to those that may not traditionally like racing games. They allow you to do something other than competing to be #1. You may be bad at fast times, but actually pretty good at drifting.

viveks86

That vignette effect is kind of weird, since the driver isn't normally wearing a helmet (although he probably should be). With that said, the in-car cam on the Mono looks sick. I want it. :<

Did you see the driver when he crosses the finish line? He is wearing a helmet. He is wearing a helmet here as well:

PqMoqw.jpg

Guess it's specific to open wheel cars.

Saberus

The thing with Driveclub is, that it looks unbelieveable in motion and has an awesome sense of speed, while being 30fps. I think the motion blur helps the game looking like 60fps, but it looks weird on screenshots. You can see jaggies on screens, but ingame, even when the camera isn't moving, it's so much cleaner. If you take a screenshot while racing and watch it later on your PC or TV, you won't believe how it looks compared to what you see when you're playing. Not even in motion or at higher speed, just ingame...

You have to see that for yourself, images won't help. But I know people want them so here they come
matte paint on the BAC Mono
:
lfHMhS.jpg

0wvEKp.jpg

PqMoqw.jpg

i21wWS.jpg

Photo's look good to me... "shrugs"

Hoje0308

Banned
That vignette effect is kind of weird, since the driver isn't normally wearing a helmet (although he probably should be). With that said, the in-car cam on the Mono looks sick. I want it. :<

A helmet is pretty much required to drive a BAC Mono at speed, hence the effect.

You have to see that for yourself, images won't help. But I know people want them so here they come
matte paint on the BAC Mono
:
lfHMhS.jpg

0wvEKp.jpg

PqMoqw.jpg

i21wWS.jpg

I'm having a difficult time comprehending how the game will look even better than what I'm seeing in those screens. I mean they look damn near amazing already.

Shaneus

I don't remember seeing it posted anywhere in this thread, but it's moving so damn fast it could well have been. Maybe it needs to be in the OP as well?

What a completely needless, negative shit post (like this one)

oh you're talking about your original post?

you are "concerned" about this game's content, citing example of some game by another dev studio.

next time i'll come in to the far cry 4 ot being "concerned" about the game because i bought littlebigplanet 3 and didn't like it.

who's making the "completely needless, negative shit post" now?

EGOMON

Guys I just sent FR to all DRIVECLUB-GAF members but I haven't wrote anything in FR message so if you see a request from "GeoDarky" that's me a fellow gaffer

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Yeah that's what I figured. But people are saying the game looks better on screen even when they aren't moving at all.

They're just suffering from misterx levels of delusion.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Okay, I really fucked up disbanding the club.

It's like it's not really gone and it's not letting me create a new one. Must be something wrong with the servers.

Also, I'm seriously sucking now. Struggling to meet event goals, crashing left right and center ...

Sigh -_-

Honestly if the livery editor wasn't so fucking restrictive I may have kept the club as it was, I just couldn't make a damn livery that satisfied me, so I debated just becoming a free agent and joining another GAF club later.

For a game that focuses so heavily on rivalries and notoriety they should have made a more comprehensive editor so you can properly craft your team's identity.

Shit just thinking back to Midnight Club LA's makes me so frustrated, that's like a good chunk of the fun for me in a semi-serious car racing game. They really should update it and open up a bunch of options, I mean, why the fuck can't I move around my racing number??? And the accolade stickers are all on one side of the car? I saw a trailer that had a car earning one for drifting and placing it on the rear bumper.

Just, ugh.. FFS

/rant

It's like it's not really gone and it's not letting me create a new one. Must be something wrong with the servers.

Also, I'm seriously sucking now. Struggling to meet event goals, crashing left right and center ...

Sigh -_-

Honestly if the livery editor wasn't so fucking restrictive I may have kept the club as it was, I just couldn't make a damn livery that satisfied me, so I debated just becoming a free agent and joining another GAF club later.

For a game that focuses so heavily on rivalries and notoriety they should have made a more comprehensive editor so you can properly craft your team's identity.

Shit just thinking back to Midnight Club LA's makes me so frustrated, that's like a good chunk of the fun for me in a semi-serious car racing game. They really should update it and open up a bunch of options, I mean, why the fuck can't I move around my racing number??? And the accolade stickers are all on one side of the car? I saw a trailer that had a car earning one for drifting and placing it on the rear bumper.

Just, ugh.. FFS

/rant
I'm sure that's something that will be expanded upon as the game matures.

Loudninja

Sigh -_-

Just, ugh.. FFS

/rant
Hey can you search for clubs?

Maybe its not gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom