• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

23qwerty

Wonder if Driveclub's preload is gonna be unlocked at 11:45 like Shadow of Mordor was... that would be nice

Is this the whole game? I only downloaded 2gbs.

That's just the initial download so you can start playing it. The full download is 16gb which you can view by going to information when you press options on it.

Shaneus

Apologies if this has been answered, but how many hours until the game unlocks digitally? Or, if it's easier, what time in Australia?

Cheers, #Gaf
When I checked and tried to work out the countdown yesterday, I think it was around 3am Wed. if you're AEDST (current Melb/Syd time). Tempted to take Wed. off, if that's the case.

rich7sena

Banned
This game deserves some more GT-R, Corvette, NSX, Mustang, Viper, Lamborghini, etc. I really hope the car DLC knocks it out of the park.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Photomode will pause the screen and so remove motion blur. That's when you'll start seeing great screenshots.

The PR shots have motion blur and look great. If photo mode looks much better it will be because they made it a bullshot factory like Halo 3 or Forza 5.

Since you guys seem to want videos, I posted one I did with music by sharefactory. However, I posted it when most were sleeping lol so you guys can check it out if you want!

Here is a hype gameplay footage I did for you guys on one of the Canadian tracks. Taken straight from the PS4 capture footage and uploaded on sendspace since I didn't want more compression as I'm sure the PS4 already does that on it's own. Enjoy! I really can't wait for DLNA so I could play tracks such as the one I put in the video, it really gets the blood pumping.

EDIT: Oh shit, sendspace is not allowed here for some reason but you guys know what to put instead of the stars lol (sendspace .com). Anyways, I also change the camera often so that you guys could see the game from inside and out.

EDIT 2: Would love to hear your thoughts. On how great the game looks and how shitty or good my gameplay is.

fernoca

Is this the whole game? I only downloaded 2gbs.
Like with every PS4: A (relative) small part is downloaded/installed first; then the rest downloads/installs in the background as you play (or in standby).

In this game, 2GB first..then the other 13GB in the background.

In America?

3816676-0704928121-36645.gif

In Europe?

kwweekendupdate.gif
Haha where is the 2nd gif from? And who is it

Noobcraft

Maybe we'll get this version of Motorstorm from the faux PS3 reveal "gameplay" debacle:

vngblV.gif

Kz31lE.gif
Haha no game has even come close to these visuals yet. I bet we'll see better by the end of this gen though. (Except the dust trails and tire paths, I don't think any game has gotten anywhere near those)

rich7sena

Banned
Wow. I like this list. Can't say why ;)

The GT-R and and any Lamborghini feel made for this game (AWD). I know a lot of people on here don't like my opinions on Driveclub, but I would have rather seen more sports, super, and hyper cars than the collection of hot-hatches that are undoubtedly less fun.

Driveclub looks like a game made for performance cars. I would have taken 10 less cars if that meant I could have a more exotic garage.

Saberus

The PR shots have motion blur and look great. If photo mode looks much better it will be because they made it a bullshot factory like Halo 3 or Forza 5.

Well to be fair, I'm sure the screen shots are real, but I'm sure they are not using a standard ps4 for their screen shot buffers, I'm sure the dev kits can pull a much higher quality of capture.

Also.. I could be just talking out my ass also.. who knows.

Gaz_RB

Okay so I prepurchased this based solely on the ropes of hot gif all over my face.

Where does this fall between sim and arcade-y?

Right in the middle!

Haha no game has even come close to these visuals yet. I bet we'll see better by the end of this gen though. (Except the dust trails and tire paths, I don't think any game has gotten anywhere near those)

You should check out Spintires.

mreddie

The GT-R and and any Lamborghini feel made for this game (AWD). I know a lot of people on here don't like my opinions on Driveclub, but I would have rather seen more sports, super, and hyper cars than the collection of hot-hatches that are undoubtedly less fun.

Driveclub looks like a game made for performance cars. I would have taken 10 less cars if that meant I could have a more exotic garage.

It screams DLC but the biggest huh from me was not one Lamborghini in this game and Lamborghini is almost in every game.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Well to be fair, I'm sure the screen shots are real, but I'm sure they are not using a standard ps4 for their screen shot buffers, I'm sure the dev kits can pull a much higher quality of capture.

Also.. I could be just talking out my ass also.. who knows.

Depends on what you consider real. Anyone with a little over a hundred bucks can gain the ability to take perfect screen caps from PS4, but they're not going to look like the PR shots for this game. The difference between USB/PSN mail Share screenshots and lossless is pretty subtle except under certain conditions. (dark, reddish scenes look particularly disgusting with Share)

VanWinkle

that's probably due to the blur and other graphical effects.

No, let's be real. The standstill shots look just as bad. I've been thinking about this a lot. What has happened is that Evo has picked and chosen priority of some graphical effects (lighting, geometry, etc) over others (textures, AF, a high-cost AA solution like MSAA).

What this means is that the game just doesn't look good in screenshots, but the things they gave priority to - lighting, geometry, attention to detail - make it look fantastic in motion.

Evolution aren't wizards, and they can't magically make the PS4 more powerful. They have to make certain sacrifices obviously, but it pays off when it's seen in motion.

Gaz_RB

I actually agree with you. There are a lot of cars I would love to have that are missing.

I want a Skyline :(
Just change your livery colors to match one of the repeated shirt color schemes and you can pretend that they are your fans.

Genius.

Hoje0308

Banned
Has anyone else hooked up a steering wheel and pretended to drive while watching one of the Gamersyde videos?
Yeah, me neither.

viveks86

DRIVECLUB-GAF friend count is now at 275. Holy shit. We might actually hit 300 tonight, a day before launch!

…

Then we shoot for 400 I guess? O.O

Afrikan

kind of off topic, but I know there are alot of folks downloading this game now so I'll ask.

I have 12mb internet speed...usually with a 21 ping.

but it seems since got a PS4, when ever I'm downloading a demo or large file....it drastically slows down my internet speed, and my ping shoots up to 100. When I called my ISP, they told me it's because of the file I'm downloading.

now maybe I'm not thinking things though here...but when I had my PS3, yes I couldn't play online while it downloaded a game...or else it would stop downloading. BUT I was able to use my laptop to do regular internet stuff.

is anyone else having similar problems? does it have to do with a difference with the PS4 and PS3?

one thing I'm doing different this gen with the PS4, is that i have the PS4 connected wired to my router....and I have a Access Point connected to my router, which everything else in the house connects to wirelessly.

I would have no problem with this, if I was able to pause a download...then resume it when i go to sleep...but there is no pausing option in the PS4 OS.

right now, I can't really connect to EA's servers to play a game online....and I'm sure if I was trying to stream something it wouldn't work well.

edit- so weird...now I try to play a UFC game online..and it works...I check speedtest.net and I get 23 ping and 6mb speed.

it's like if I leave everything alone...it starts tripping...but when I force an online game...it works... confused here. :/ DriveClub is still downloading fine.

edit 2- spoke too soon...it's acting funny...still playing online though. 55ping 4mb

and just disconnected. :/ and i was having trouble loading GAF. I'm just going to put the PS4 on stand by and start NFS The Run on the PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom