• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

psn

Guys, if my internet isn't the best, is there anything I can do to contribute to the club if I can't do MP?

Even without a single multiplayer match you can do so much for your club. There is much to do in the tour mode and even when you set up a custom race you earn points.

Hey guys. Kinda new to the Driveclub hype, but I'm definitely gonna try out the PS+ version tomorrow. Question though. What's the deal with custom soundtracks? Can we play our own music during races? I've got some ridiculous trance music that would go great with these sunset drives!

SeZMehK

I love my new 50/50 fios! I preloaded Drive club and NBA2k15 overnight. On my old speed it would have taken a day or two. Lol.

I cant wait to play DC.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Perhaps it is because I am incredible tired, but that race had me in tears. Basically all you hear for the first half is the crunch of the cars hitting each other. And then the guy choking at the end, haha.

Oh man, that was awesome.

Lol this race was awesome. Dat car flying off the track at the end of the second lap had me busting up. Nice steal to get 2nd place at the end too.

Jamesways

Duuuuude! I'm so excited! Guardians.....assemble! *Blows into conch shell*
Anchorman reference if you are wondering....

Assemble indeed.

Season Pass bought.
Called Gamestop, picking this and Alien Isolation up at midnight. Taking tomorrow off to play all day. Can't wait!

And if I didn't have to pick kiddo up at daycare and have parenting duty, I gladly would have given a nice "this is how fun it is to play while drunk" report too. But that'll wait till the weekend.

Let's do this!

Some brazilians stores are breaking the street date. Just got my copy

JHAwSIR.jpg

Yeah, I got mine on Saturday. lol

Oh, and just to make it clear: gameplay is STELLAR. The graphics are great but it's not the best thing about the game. It plays and feels incredible. Ask any of those who got the game early. It is amazing.

Grok4Spock

Hey guys. Kinda new to the Driveclub hype, but I'm definitely gonna try out the PS+ version tomorrow. Question though. What's the deal with custom soundtracks? Can we play our own music during races? I've got some ridiculous trance music that would go great with these sunset drives!
The only way you can use a custom soundtrack is through Music Unlimited. Sony execs gotta eat...

Sami+

Hmm... I can get the game early today at a local shop, but I also have an Amazon order on its way for tomorrow.

Think I might buy it tonight, then return the Amazon one to the local shop so I get the pre-order codes lol.

Ploid 3.0

MP footage. I don't want to race randoms ever! o_O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCyXECZvKkY

Watch it till the end though. Nail biting!

Yeah it became quite clear to me when playing racers online I want to do them with friends or GAF members. This video looked like GTA5 online races. People pushing opponents as they get beside them, crashing into them, fishtailing, etc. It's better to spook them into preemptively attacking you and brake just so they screw themselves (feint or something). It's combat racing in a pickup racing match with randoms for sure.

Where are the penalties or is it turned off in some races like unranked stuff?

Serious question: Why do people get upset when people online drive aggressively in racing games like Driveclub or Forza Horizon or whatever? I've seen people get upset at that on multiple occasions.

It seems like an entirely valid way to play the game and personally I think it's fun as hell to race that way.

Serious question: Why do people get upset when people online drive aggressively in racing games like Driveclub or Forza Horizon or whatever? I've seen people get upset at that on multiple occasions.

It seems like an entirely valid way to play the game and personally I think it's fun as hell to race that way.

Because realistically if you are driving a Hyper/Super Car you would not be crashing into anyone due to the fact you would lose the race. People want clean matches that deal with more skill than dirty tricks.

GooWop

Thanks Viveks for starting driveclub-gaf on psn. Added a lot and received a lot of request. Can't wait to race with/against you guysď
This wait is soo painful, I need this game on my tv now!

viveks86

Morning GAF!

PSN: DRIVECLUB-GAF is now at 339! And we have all day to get to 400. Tis happeding!

I don't know why I get so excited by this, but it has become some kind of DRIVECLUB mini-game until I can get my hands on the real deal! :D

Cause thats not how it goes in real life... And this game is not Mario Kart or Burnout

viveks86

Yeah it became quite clear to me when playing racers online I want to do them with friends or GAF members. This video looked like GTA5 online races. People pushing opponents as they get beside them, crashing into them, fishtailing, etc. It's better to spook them into preemptively attacking you and brake just so they screw themselves (feint or something). It's combat racing in a pickup racing match with randoms for sure.

Where are the penalties or is it turned off in some races like unranked stuff?

Difficult to see what penalties were being in effect since crack-king was driving pretty cleanly compared to the other monkeys.

naeS

Because realistically if you are driving a Hyper/Super Car you would not be crashing into anyone due to the fact you would lose the race. People want clean matches that deal with more skill than dirty tricks.

Especially in Horizon 2 when there is a guy in a Ford Raptor and he accelerates into the first turn.

Morning GAF!

PSN: DRIVECLUB-GAF is now at 339! And we have all day to get to 400. Tis happeding!

I don't know why I get so excited by this, but it has become some kind of DRIVECLUB mini-game until I can get my hands on the real deal! :D

Nice. I sent an invite. Not under this name though. Will check tonight if i was accepted ;P

AndyD

aka andydumi
Difficult to see what penalties were being in effect since crack-king was driving pretty cleanly compared to the other monkeys.

Yep. I hope the penalties are customiseable. 3, 5, 7, 10 second increasing penalties should work to deter some of the stuff we see.

woke up to 10 new FRs from DRIVECLUB-GAF so decided to go click on sending some of my own

I have 29 mutual friends with DRIVECLUB-GAF thanks for the help guys can't wait to see how this game grows

Navid

Serious question: Why do people get upset when people online drive aggressively in racing games like Driveclub or Forza Horizon or whatever?
I got no problem with aggressive driving as long as you aren't using that word simply as means of taking people out... this is definitely not GT or such, bumps and contact should be expected.

My issue is when people decide to crash into people by going full speed into slow corners, or when they when drive into you as you are driving alongside them on a straight piece of road or worse steer in the opposite direction of a corner just to take you out on the outside lane.

At some point it's not about driving aggressively but rather just griefing the others on the track, some even go as far as driving back down the track when things don't go well for them. I do sometimes see GT6 lobbies where they are specifying that it's all about taking each other out and that is great as long as all in the room want the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom