• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a couple people do the Real Name request from GAF, personally it doesn't bother me since I use my real name anyway...

I saw someone earlier in the thread say they sent a real name request by accident. Anyone can see the thread and add DRIVECLUB-GAF, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are people on there who are not members.

okay it does not bother me, at first I had my real name on my PSN account just got my PS4 but I edited in Smiles and Cries instead for GAF and put the same avatar I normally use on gaf

<--- without the Xenoblade X

Dre3001

I don't understand waiting for the review embargo is up to get reviews. I've read so many "reviews" on here from people who got the game early and they all seem glowing. Why does person X that works at website Y have an opinion that carries more weight?

I trust someone here even more in fact since they knew what they were getting into (e.g. the game not being open world and it not being a sim like some journalists thought up until last week). Someone who's seen all the gifs, watched many videos, liked what they saw and everything to be confirmed after they played it. I trust that person's review more than some random person at IGN.

For some people I think they have websites or certain reviewers who they usually tend to agree with their opinions, so I think they often like to see what those websites say when it comes to new releases or heavily hyped games.

On the subject of clean/dirty races, I've been playing a ton of FH2 (and my anticipation for this game rises everytime I play it) and I don't think I've ever had a clean race. For me, at the end of the day, its all about winning anyways, so I tend to go pretty ham when everyone else is going crazy. Pretty much all my online races have started with 2 or 3 people getting wrecked.

I expect the same with DC.
And I look forward to it!

le-seb

I have no idea why websites should have to abide by an embargo after a game is released to the general public. Hey, GAF, don't forget when you get your game at midnight that you're not allowed to talk about it until 9am or something!
The thing is that we didn't get the game free from Sony three weeks ahead of its release.
Embargoes are conditions the publisher will put on sending copies early to the sites.

Like any gaffer here getting a leaked game, anybody from the gaming press could review a game he's gotten from retail.

Handy Fake

The start - That's Eilean Donan castle on the way to Skye.

eilann_donan_castle_wiki1p.jpg

It's where "Highlander" was filmed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpExJSqV65M

This video is cool. He/She is not the greatest driver but has managed to record a few races with fantastic lighting. When it's night it really is dark!

... And this looks like the route, must be the A87. Eilean Donan on the left.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@57.2...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sbcEGi-VvpcdiSUX5GQYlUQ!2e0

For some people I think they have websites or certain reviewers who they usually tend to agree with their opinions, so I think they often like to see what those websites say when it comes to new releases or heavily hyped games.

$50/60 is a lot of money, I can't just blindly throw that away on a NO REFUNDS digital download. Not going to happen, not ever.

The thing is that we didn't get the game free from Sony three weeks ahead of its release.
Embargoes are conditions the publisher will put on sending copies to the sites.

Like any gaffer here getting a leaked game, anybody from the gaming press could review a game he's gotten from retail.

Yeah but once the game is out there, the opinions are out there. What's the point in forcing the websites to wait another 12 hours before they're allowed to post their opinions? Assuming you have nothing to hide, obviously.

Jamesways

It seems like an entirely valid way to play the game and personally I think it's fun as hell to race that way.

Have fun racing backwards and trying to grief other players!

Stopped racing online against strangers years ago for this reason, and don't intend to ever start again.

Dawg

I like how the game looks, but the trailers had me expecting something extraordinary. It looks good, but it definitely looked better during trailers to me.

Yeah, same here. It would be nice if there was a subfolder on the friends list to keep the Driveclub friends.

I'm not at my PS4 so I don't know if it has the same functionality, but on the mobile app at least, you can go to DRIVECLUB-GAF and then view mutual friends. It's a little clunky, but the result is a list of your DRIVECLUB-GAF friends.

lmbotiva

Oh, great to know Sony is holding review till morning of. Showing great confidence in the game.
GTA5, red dead redemption, greatest games of last gen IMO had review embargos for same day as release date, that has nothing to do with quality, if it did than sony will be taking videos from youtube down as you can find plenty of people that have the game already

nikos

Do you live in the US?

I haven't bit the bullet for the Digital Edition yet but if I can get the physical edition early even one day early I might bite...

NYC. PM if you need location.

Officer, I wasn't speeding. I was going with haste. No law against that.

looool subways FTL. Can't make them go faster.

Game sort of looks bootlegged. Something about the print quality. It SMELLS legit though. Almost home to try it.

EDIT: It works.

M.W.

GTA5, red dead redemption, greatest games of last gen IMO had review embargos for same day as release date, that has nothing to do with quality, if it did than sony will be taking videos from youtube down as you can find plenty of people that have the game already
This is GAF. The land where review scores are God. I hope this game gets 6's because I've had more fun with games that scored in that range than in the 90 range. Plus, that will weed out all the meta monkeys.

Nokterian

My PSN friendlist is growing and growing. When i was done with work i opened up my phone 20+ fellow gaffer request. I was like..

R2qFh.gif

Keep 'm coming those requests! Also they finally took my money and the game is preloading on my PS4...almost there!

kerm.gif

Kyleoty

Neo Member
Pre loaded DC. count down says 14rs but Im on east coast and should be 12 hrs. Im 2 hours off?? Any thoughts? I did check my PS4 time zone and Its set properly.

Any thoughts GAF?

naeS

Pre loaded DC. count down says 14rs but Im on east coast and should be 12 hrs. Im 2 hours off?? Any thoughts? I did check my PS4 time zone and Its set properly.

Any thoughts GAF?

Midnight PST. I'm Central and it unlocks at 2 AM for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom