• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nafai1123

Banned
I've been confused on this too.

Do we have static weather and the patch adds dynamic weather?
or
Do we have very simple weather types and the patch is the full-fledged adverse weather?

EDIT:

At launch there will be cloud cover weather (clear, party cloudy, stormy, etc) and a future patch will be adding rain/snow/lightning/etc.

M.W.

Because of this thread I will no longer visit Gamespot or Joystiq ever again. Two stupid streams filled with stupid people who shouldn't be talking about games.

Loudninja

I've been confused on this too.

Do we have static weather and the patch adds dynamic weather?
or
Do we have very simple weather types and the patch is the full-fledged adverse weather?

EDIT:
The game has sunny/cloudy weather at launch .

They will patch in rain and snow later.

VanWinkle

imo Dirt 3 on PC looks just about the same as Driveclub does and that came out 3 years ago. I'm still looking forward to the online stuff though. If it hooks me, I will buy the full version.

Really? That's kind of disappointing. Dynamic weather is one of the things that was unique about this game.

Dirt 3 doesn't even TOUCH Driveclub in lighting, geometry, attention to detail, and simulations. The only things it has it beat in is textures, AF, and image quality (assuming you play it at max settings with good AA). In motion, Driveclub's visual priorities make it look far better than Dirt 3. In screenshots, Driveclub's sacrifices (textures, AF, IQ) make it look less-than-stellar.

Codeblew

Kind of hard to be impressed with the game when the people who are playing it are shit and make the game seem like a chore. Especially how they talk it down.

If you want to see a good driver play, watch the inside racing stream from a couple days ago.

MJLord

imo Dirt 3 on PC looks just about the same as Driveclub does and that came out 3 years ago. I'm still looking forward to the online stuff though. If it hooks me, I will buy the full version.

Really? That's kind of disappointing. Dynamic weather is one of the things that was unique about this game.

Roll em up

roll-em-up-o.gif

Actually, it does push the boundaries in lighting, geometry, and attention to detail. It has every racer beat HANDILY on those aspects.

I'm sure it does. I'm saying that it's not as good as I hoped for it to be graphically. There is aliasing everywhere which is a big turn off.

I'm sure it does. I'm saying that it's not as good as I hoped for it to be graphically. There is aliasing everywhere which is a big turn off.
Damn.. Van't wait to play it, but i was really hoping aliassing would be on the level somewhere bwteeen Infamous and Killzone.
These buggers are always so aparent on cars...

Any chance on a patch?... Haha.

so i heard you guys met danny o dwyer
I'm very familiar with Danny. I like Danny. But he sounded moronic in that stream and didn't seem to know what he was talking about.

So now all of you GiantBombers can go back to your little thread and laugh about us silly Driveclub fanboys. Tee hee.

VanWinkle

Well, I mean, we have more recently found that it's not actually a graphically perfect game and sacrifices had to be made, which are in texture quality, AF, and image quality. They had to make certain priorities, and I do think they chose the right ones for the game when it's in motion. If you've only played one race, play it some more and let the sky simulations and vast environments shine.

Seventy70

Dirt 3 doesn't even TOUCH Driveclub in lighting, geometry, attention to detail, and simulations. The only things it has it beat in is textures, AF, and image quality (assuming you play it at max settings with good AA). In motion, Driveclub's visual priorities make it look far better than Dirt 3. In screenshots, Driveclub's sacrifices (textures, AF, IQ) make it look less-than-stellar.

I'm not denying that it doesn't beat Dirt 3 in some areas, but overall it's just a close call. I'm just kind of underwhelmed Driveclub barely beats a game that game out 3 years ago in graphics.

It was really ugly, even the IQ was bad with those borders

I never noticed that default setting because almost all games or apps do not care about it and go full screen
Games do care about it, but they usually just reduce the HUD, not the entire game so you miss the edge of the game picture (although in your case you had it set too small so moot point), but you can still see the HUD.

Looks like Evo reduce the whole thing instead.

Because of this thread I will no longer visit Gamespot or Joystiq ever again. Two stupid streams filled with stupid people who shouldn't be talking about games.
On the positive side, Joystiq sounded like they were having fun playing it, and both the Gamespot guys did say it drove really well and knowing if there is a free version or not isn't going to affect that.

MJLord

Well, I mean, we have more recently found that it's not actually a graphically perfect game and sacrifices had to be made, which are in texture quality, AF, and image quality. They had to make certain priorities, and I do think they chose the right ones for the game when it's in motion. If you've only played one race, play it some more and let the sky simulations and vast environments shine.

Not to mention the car shadows.

Lettuce

Kind of hard to be impressed with the game when the people who are playing it are shit and make the game seem like a chore. Especially how they talk it down.

But i guess a game has to impress and be exciting and fun to get you enthusiastic about it, but these guys didnt seem enthusiastic for the game at all..........so maybe its not that good???

thelastword

Banned
Damn these gamespot guys look like they don't even play games. They knew nothing of the game, didn't even know they weren't suppose to show certain cars. I'm thinking, if you work for gamespot you should know about the game that you are going to stream. Are these guys here to inform us? Shakes head.....

Kane1345

I'm looking forward to the shit ton of impressions from you 'muricans about the gameplay, graphics and this aliasing issue that's been cropping up. How long now till you guys get it?

Kssio_Aug

Ive noticed the aliasing long ago. Since some older videos with those "white dots" behind some cars and stuff. Someone explained to me that it was because the pixels on some jeggies were not reflecting light or something like that (can't remember exactly, sorry for the inaccuracy). But I was hoping it to be gone till release aswell... its the main thing that pull the game down graphically saying.

Loudninja

Damn these gamespot guys look like they don't even play games. They knew nothing of the game, didn't even know they weren't suppose to show certain cars. I'm thinking if you work for gamespot you should know about the game you going to stream. Are these guys here to inform us? Shakes head.....
Its kinda sad that even people here knows more about the embargo :/

VanWinkle

I'm not denying that it doesn't beat Dirt 3 in some areas, but overall it's just a close call. I'm just kind of underwhelmed Driveclub barely beats a game that game out 3 years ago in graphics.

But it doesn't barely beat it. When you're in motion, incredible lighting with decent textures is way more impressive than mediocre lighting with good textures. The priorities they put in place are way more important IN MOTION than the sacrifices they had to make.

honestly think gamespot is right in saying if horizon was multiplat i dont think anyone would pick up driveclub, it looks very meh. hope is sells well though would suck to see another dev close down

think it was fair enough myself (the gamespot stream), was just a casual look at the game and neither of them are going to be reviewing it anyway so not like it matters.

think some people here find it a bit of a shock that outside of this hype thread, some people might not find the game as 'amazing' as you would like. myself I am looking forward to it, but will play the plus version first to form an opinion.

There is no close call about it DC lighting alone means Dirt 3 is no where near unless you talking IQ.

23qwerty

honestly think gamespot is right in saying if horizon was multiplat i dont think anyone would pick up driveclub, it looks very meh. hope is sells well though would suck to see another dev close down

They're two completely different sub genres of racing game. A lot of people vastly prefer closed circuit racers over open world racers, and vice versa. I don't know why people are so hellbent on comparing the two.

Hoje0308

Banned

If I had a choice between both, I'd still be buying Driveclub. Open-world racers almost never have track design that matches their purpose-built counterparts. Also, try telling that to the people in here that own an X1.

psn

There is not aliasing everywhere. There are edges where you would expect aliasing, but they are perfect. Then there are some where you expect them but there is no / bad aa.

For example the ventilation grille at the front bumper is perfect but there is some aliasing on the wiper.

Anyway, once youre in motion, you won't notice the aliasing.

I'd say there is a fair chance it gets patched.

Seventy70

There is no close call about it DC lighting alone means Dirt 3 is no where near unless you talking IQ.

For me, I would prefer better textures and aliasing over lighting. Anyway, people are impressed by different things when it comes to graphics, so you can just ignore my post if it bothers you and go back to talking about the game how you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom