• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

You should know, right? You've probably driven it by now, but I'm sure you picked the BAC Mono for that event. :p

It takes so much throttle and brake and steering control for that thing not oversteer itself into a tornado it's ridiculous.

EDIT:

BAC Mono am locked -_-

Gotta level up my club again ffs...

BzSeBGxIUAATbZJ.jpg:orig

;)

Kssio_Aug

But then it's barely noticeable in motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV11PsC4hSo

I didn't notice it while staring at the areas you pointed out and the edges of the car. If I was also concentrated in playing as well then it becomes nothing.

Yeah, its looking better indeed. Not sure if its the time of the day (lighting) but a lot less apparent then what I saw before.

That was the video I first noticed it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7Q6BERADcw

But I watched directly from IGN, the Youtube compression over IGN compression hides lots of things lol. But its still a bit noticiable there when in 3rd person and at some point or another.

Not a big deal anyway though. But somehow it seems a bit off sometimes.

VanWinkle

the graphics arent blowing me away like they were in the promo vids, the lack of content, the delayed stuff like weather getting patched in i mean come on there is even a grammar error on the gamebox

The graphics have only gotten better since last year, so don't know what to tell you there. There actually seems to quite a bit of content. Not necessarily in cars, where there's only a moderate amount, but there's a lot of tracks, a lot of events, a really robust challenge and club system, and a fleshed-out multiplayer component. In regards to the delayed stuff, none of this - I repeat, NONE of this - was said to be in the release game. When they finally announced those features, they said that they weren't going to be in the game at launch. I don't even feel like it's worth replying to the grammar error on the box. That is literally NOTHING. For you to even bring it up shows that you were just trying to think of more things to list.

i dont play racing games so i should have mentioned this in my original comment but to me forza just looks so much more appealing if i was to buy one + the amount of content isnt even comparable.

The amount of content don't mean anything if you don't like the game structure .
It's like when companies add a whole bunch of the same quest in open world games and say there games full of content.
It boring and does nothing for me they could add 1000's of fetch quest it don't matter .

Okay so you just come into racing games OTs to just mull about or whatever then.
well initially i was just impressed with the graphics so started visting dc threads for the gifs but im starting to get interested in racing games again, my fav was nfs games and will buy horizon 2 now after looking at some of its vids + check out dc ps+ version
Hype deflated!!

they delayed the game so when they launch i expect everything to be perfect. feels like this game was rushed again to meet a deadline

chopstik

Banned
Ive noticed the aliasing long ago. Since some older videos with those "white dots" behind some cars and stuff. Someone explained to me that it was because the pixels on some jeggies were not reflecting light or something like that (can't remember exactly, sorry for the inaccuracy). But I was hoping it to be gone till release aswell... its the main thing that pull the game down graphically saying.

how do the DC videos compare to your experience of playing FH2, so far?

I thought the review embargo was supposed to be lifted by now?

There are like 5 games just released that I can't choose between. I need some help. :(

they delayed the game so when they launch i expect everything to be perfect. feels like this game was rushed again to meet a deadline

I understand that, but when discussing a games quality, to bring up a spelling error on the gamebox, while kind of embarrassing, makes it seem like you are reaching a bit for things to complain about.

I wonder how many reviews are going to compare it to Horizon 2. You don't mention how much fun Mario Kart is in a Gran Turismo review. Same concept would apply to DC and FH2. They both have cars, but they set out to do two completely different things. Horizon is an open world game about being able to race off road and DC is a pure, linear racer. Any review comparing the two would completely invalidate itself for me.

Navid

Great driving... also wow at that acceleration off the start line.

This thing reminds me of the Caterham Seven in GT6, you basically have your heart in your throat going into every corner. This gives the same feeling of not being able to relax for a second as the damn thing is basically sitting there waiting for the moment you do, so it can kill you.

I've had GT6 races in the Caterham where when done I feel like I had been holding my breath all along... great feeling when you do get it round though.

MavFan619

Banned
I understand that, but when discussing a games quality, to bring up a spelling error on the gamebox, while kind of embarrassing, makes it seem like you are reaching a bit for things to complain about.
Seems more like he just found a list of things people have complained about for DC and it's now informing his whole opinion on it. Wellll I can't wait to come back from work and wait another 3 hours to play tonight yay :)

VanWinkle

I wonder how many reviews are going to compare it to Horizon 2. You don't mention how much fun Mario Kart is in a Gran Turismo review. Same concept would apply to DC and FH2. They both have cars, but they set out to do two completely different things. Horizon is an open world game about being able to race off road and DC is a pure, linear racer. Any review comparing the two would completely invalidate itself for me.

I don't think that's necessarily fair. If you were to compare how far away MK8 is to GT, it would be:

MK8 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - GT

Comparing DC and FH2, comparatively to the above, would be more like:

- - - - - - - DC - - - FH2 - - - - - - - -

Seems more like he just found a list of things people have complained about for DC and it's now informing his whole opinion on it. Wellll I can't wait to come back from work and wait another 3 hours to play tonight yay :)

I can't wait either. I'm staying way up past my bedtime to get a few races in. But after work tomorrow it's nut'n but drive club for the next few days. I have Wed-Thurs off :)

It will happen, just need to avoid those reviews.

Nokterian

Those pics dont do the game any favors.

These posts neither,if you haven't seen any impressions from a bunch of streams and footage these days. Your either blind or ignorant or both.

Yeah that looks like shit lol

EDIT: my camera was zooming in. wtf :|

You can take photo's with your ps4 you do know that right? And after your done put then on a usb stick and plug it in your pc to upload it to abload.de for example.

I don't think that's necessarily fair. If you were to compare how far away MK8 is to GT, it would be:

MK8 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - GT

Comparing DC and FH2, comparatively to the above, would be more like:

- - - - - - - DC - - - FH2 - - - - - - - -

For someone like me that don't really like open world games it's about the same as MK8 to GT.

viveks86

I don't understand why someone with the ability to get direct-feed shots from the share button would resort to off-screen shots :S

Still, the scene lighting in those is gorgeous.

May be he was trying to show how it looked better on his TV? lol. Stills aren't going to do this game any favors until photo mode is out.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
They're two completely different sub genres of racing game. A lot of people vastly prefer closed circuit racers over open world racers, and vice versa. I don't know why people are so hellbent on comparing the two.

because they're the only "next gen" racers out currently. you can't help but compare the two unless you're actively trying to be difficult in discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom