• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viruz

Glorious corridor of Hype
hypeclubq7joa.jpg

Last batch for tonight guys, I need some sleep now.

add me, I'm in.

commedieu

Banned
i really dont know but what i do know is most racing games release with a weather system. its good that dc are going with a fully dynamic simulation but that should be part of the finished game not patched in months later

i dont understand how a racing game can release without weather or photo mode, they strike me as essential features especially when competitor games are doing it.

it just seems a little rushed to me thats all im saying

it wouldnt feel like a complete package to me, weather + photomode are common place in racing games now.

2680298-driveclub.jpg

This is pretty much the end for sony. Don't let SONYGAF get to you. Its pretty clear that Driveclub is an unfinished mess that they are trying to do a cash-grab with. Weather is essential to driving games, games like...

well anyway, but Its essential. As is photomode, without that, it might as well be called the boring club. I mean, spelling errors? Come on. Wrap it up Sony.

Nafai1123

Banned
Work is going to drag today. I get out at 12:30am so I hope to get home and have one race before going to bed. First race is gonna set with rainy weather.

I've got bad news for you...

no rain at launch

Kinda bummed this game doesn't unlock at 12pm EST. Maybe I'll go to bed early so I can get some playtime in the morning before work.

i really dont know but what i do know is most racing games release with a weather system. its good that dc are going with a fully dynamic simulation but that should be part of the finished game not patched in months later

i dont understand how a racing game can release without weather or photo mode, they strike me as essential features especially when competitor games are doing it.

it wouldnt feel like a complete package to me, weather + photomode are common place in racing games now.

2680298-driveclub.jpg

Now I'm concerned... Should I cancel my preorder?

Kssio_Aug

In terms of content I think DriveClub is really missing here, specially for such a delayed title. I think both weather and photomode should be on day one, but if not, at least the photomode should.

psn

That thing is a marvel to drive.

So snappy and quick.

I replayed an event at least 10 times because it's so great to drive... replayed older events where you can choose it, too. It's awesome. Or take it for a fun ride in 3rd person chase cam, that sound...

Seventy70

I've got bad news for you...

no rain at launch

Kinda bummed this game doesn't unlock at 12pm EST. Maybe I'll go to bed early so I can get some playtime in the morning before work.

Wait, I thought there was still going to be weather at launch, but not dynamic weather. So there's no rain/snow at launch?

Taking off screen shots does the game even more of a disservice because iPhone's especially tend to brighten or darken shit up and if you have a Plasma like I do then it's even harder to take a good picture. I just took one with no HUD on and abit zoomed in by my iPhone5s. I gotta say though, playing this game with no HUDs is something else.

Let me just put it this way. Real life > Gamersyde videos > PS4 Share Screenshots > gifs > off screen pics > potato.

I would say that I would prefer they were there at launch, but I won't say that they 100% should have been there. They aren't fully standard features in the racing genre outside of sims (well, photo mode). Weather, who knows if it'll be there or not in most games. I'd say it's an extra, but one that I would have been really disappointed with if it hadn't come at all.

I think that, if you look at the game that is releasing tomorrow, it's a complete, fleshed-out game. It's not a perfect game with everything we want, but what's there is not a barebones title that begs to be something more.

Yep weather is not a standard , photo mode yes but this gen photo mode look to be better that usual .
I mean real time lighting is something that should be standard more than anything else IMO.

2680298-driveclub.jpg
Look buddy, first you come in here saying that Driveclub is nothing mindblowing, and then mindlessly brush off that Evolution Studios is bringing a feature that nobody else has? I'll have you know FH2 doesn't allow racing in other players, online or offline.

Nafai1123

Banned
Wait, I thought there was still going to be weather at launch, but not dynamic weather. So there's no rain/snow at launch?

Everything in the game is dynamic. There are no placeholder weather effects while they work on the patch. At launch it will have dynamic cloud cover/wind. The patch will add rain and snow.

VanWinkle

Some people in here have said something that is misleading, which is "there is weather at launch, but not dynamic weather." What they REALLY mean is that there are dynamic clouds (which, obviously there is), but precipitation is not there until December.

Seventy70

Everything in the game is dynamic. There are no placeholder weather effects while they work on the patch. At launch it will have dynamic cloud cover/wind. The patch will add rain and snow.

Damn, driving in the rain or snow was what I was most looking forward to.

viveks86

To be completely fair, would you agree that a racing game not having photo mode/weather/etc at release, when those are the aspects they're promoting the game around, might be a sign of a rushed title? Among other little things, those aren't exactly what I'd call "extras" in a situation like that.

Define "promote". How much official promotional material do we have where photo mode and weather (and etc?) have been advertised. How much official promotional material has just racing? What's the ratio of the two? Now tell me you are convinced with what you say there.

There is literally a blog post, some screens, 2 seconds of rain footage and 3 GIFs in official material. Everything else is unofficial camera footage that devs are sharing with us because we keep clamoring for it. + there are several articles describing the work in progress demoed to them, just like many works in progress.

It's getting discussed a lot because people are super excited about it and keep demanding to see progress. Not because it is actively being "promoted".

2680298-driveclub.jpg

If they are taking an extra couple of months to do something, it's not rushed. They are literally using more time to complete the game, it's the opposite of rushed. It's incomplete yes, but it's incomplete because they are taking their time and not rushing.

Define "promote". How much official promotional material do we have where photo mode and weather (and etc?) have been advertised. How much official promotional material has just racing? What's the ratio of the two. Now tell me you are convinced with what you say there.

There is literally a blog post, some screens, 2 seconds of rain footage and 3 GIFs in official material. Everything else is unofficial camera footage that devs are sharing with us because we keep clamoring for it. + there are several articles describing the work in progress demoed to them, just like many works in progress.

It's getting discussed a lot because people are super excited about it and keep demanding to see progress. Not because it is actively being "promoted".

All I knew about Driveclub honestly was that it is a next gen exclusive racing game that is meant to be played with friends, that's all lol. You can check that I never even posted in the hype thread until I got the game. I was pretty much on media blackout on games I am interested in so that's why. Honestly, knowing things like this surprised me especially since they are willing to constantly update the game for free besides DLC.

Just crossed 400 on PSN: DRIVECLUB-GAF. Still have a long queue of requests. Sony blocked me again! o_O
I was looking on the console if preload had started for EU (it has not. Grrr >:-( ...) and I saw that "you have 57 friend requests pending" notification... I pretty much doubled my friend list ^_^

I guess I'll have some challenge out of this.

I did not know Dynamic Weather and Photo Mode were common things in this gen...

Can someone tell me how I can unlock Dynamic Weather in Need for Speed Rivals?

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I replayed an event at least 10 times because it's so great to drive... replayed older events where you can choose it, too. It's awesome. Or take it for a fun ride in 3rd person chase cam, that sound...

It sort of reminds me of the concept car Red Bull had in GT5. The X1 I think it was, although less ridiculous.

The X1 was a fan car right? Those were banned due to safety concerns. Nicki Lauda drove one, apparently the fan was linked to the engine in such a way just revving it would cause the car to squat. It was a downforce life hack.

I wonder if some of those regulations have been lifted.

Weren't Group B rally races also nuts for not regulating what some of their cars could do?

Holy crap, that's a bit disappointing. I don't mind waiting for the Dynamic Weather patch but I was under the impression rain/snow would be in at launch. Not a big deal at all but a bit of a bummer.

Gestault

Define "promote". How much official promotional material do we have where photo mode and weather (and etc?) have been advertised. How much official promotional material has just racing? What's the ratio of the two? Now tell me you are convinced with what you say there.

There was the recent UK event that some NeoGAF members attended. I was under the impression the weather build was there, based on comments. There was the September presentation At Milano, which focused on those elements. There have been several press releases talking about the coming features, which is practical information to have, but is also the focus of communications about the game. The E3 presentation for the game referenced both rain and the photo mode. The co-marketing video series with Aston Martin showcased the weather features. The Driveclub Tapping into the Power of the PS4 promo video from last month also leveraged weather, and showed the photo mode. The Driveclub All Action trailer from the beginning of October showed off nighttime weather effects.

If you know me, I do my best not to be insincere. I would call those promotion.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Well perfect time for Drive club to occupy me after I found out my Russian wife was cheating on me with 2 other guys.

bring on Driveclub baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom