• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdanVC

I don't even own a PS4 and I'm not much into realistic racing games, yet I'm still pretty hyped for the release of this game. Maybe it's because of the awesome looking shots we will get on the screenshots thread on the upcoming days.

Nafai1123

Banned
No weather, really!? What about all these vids on the net with rainy and snowy tracks?

You get this kind of weather at launch.

2010-07-01-partly-cloudy.jpg

viveks86

I just noticed two things:

1. The HUD rocks and shakes when you have heavy impacts.
2. There is a unique animation to display the amount of Fame you gained under the score for each type of action ie: drifting, draft, clean section, etc.

It's the little things. Looking forward to playing this tomorrow!

Good observations!

As much as I love the game, I wish the AA was better... it really hurts the IQ :(

Please Rushy tell me you guys are working on a better AA solution?

VanWinkle

As much as I love the game, I wish the AA was better... it really hurts the IQ :(

I wish they got rid of their five AA systems and just put in a simple 4xMSAA. :( Doesn't seem to help the aliasing too much and it also is probably making it blurrier.

Looking at those one supersampled gameplay shots from a week or so ago made me sad because it showed how the game could look if the visuals didn't have ANY sacrifices.

commedieu

Banned

What Console game is sporting better AA with the lighting and all other post processing effects that DC has..? I mean, I'm in that console screenshots thread, and what everyone is buying and proud of definitely has noticeable aliasing.

I don't see how DC has become the posterchild for horrible image quality due to AA thats damn fine, compared to other titles pushing the same amount of detail/quality/rendering/textures/atmospherics...everything..

I think, just, Second Son..? Which is a standout among all other games this generation.

dano1

A Sheep
No weather, really!? What about all these vids on the net with rainy and snowy tracks?

Enough about the weather!! There still working on the wiper blades. And I'm not kidding!

Plus I'm sure everyone can use some practice on some dry tracks.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Man, fuck reviews.

Let's get the word out.

Reviewers' got their heads up their asses, DRIVECLUB is money.

Hawk269

Speaking of reviews, when are the reviews dropping for this game? Are we going to have a review thread of just link them in this one?

Ploid 3.0

I'm hype but I never like those hype train avatar picture things haha. At least it's not a train, and using the whole corridor meme, so it's funny and charming.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Ehh, I think, for the MOST part, Metacritic averages are pretty indicative of the general consensus.

Like the user score average?

That's the consensus of roughly 100 people that generally don't give a shit about this game.

I'm talking about average joes like you and me walking into a gamestore and talking this game up.

It needs that genuine support. This is quality gaming right here, and if we want to see more from Evolution Studios we gotta show more support than simply buying it because a select few of us know what's good.

viveks86

It needs that genuine support. This is quality gaming right here, and if we want to see more from Evolution Studios we gotta show more support than simply buying it because a select few of us know what's good.

Don't worry. That's what the PS+ version is for. People will find for themselves :)

You're joking, right?

Probably not. It's become customary to make such statements in every game thread where review embargoes coincide with release.

VanWinkle

What are some examples of that not being the case? I know there are some exceptions, like GTA4 (too high) and KZ Mercenaries (too low), but they're generally about right.

I'd say it's indicative of the general consensus far more than it's not, at the very least.

kamicowzi

Banned
I've been getting some friend requests because of DRIVECLUB-GAF and will be shooting some out tonight. I can't wait to race with you guys....just gotta figure out how to get all of my single dad responsibilities out of the way lol. Is there a thread where I can find out what clubs are being made? Id' like to start a small one for older (30+) gamers.

I've been getting some friend requests because of DRIVECLUB-GAF and will be shooting some out tonight. I can't wait to race with you guys....just gotta figure out how to get all of my single dad responsibilities out of the way lol. Is there a thread where I can find out what clubs are being made? Id' like to start a small one for older (30+) gamers.

Check this out http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=879869

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom