• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

nib95

Banned
Ehh, I think, for the MOST part, Metacritic averages are pretty indicative of the general consensus.

Destiny - Metacritic Average 77 - Popular opinion = This game is average tripe and not worth most people's time!

Forza 5 - Metacritic Average 79 - Popular opinion = This is a great game, definitely worth a purchase and a major reason to own an Xbox One!

Point being, reviews and metacritic aren't always indicative or reflective of the average consensus. It works both ways mind, see GTA IV.

Kssio_Aug

I believe it will score something btween 78-82. What is good indeed. I think its gonna be:
+Graphics.
+Handling (by impressions here)
-Content (no weather at 1st day and lack of cars and customization options)

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Destiny - Metacritic Average 77 - Popular opinion = This game is average tripe and not worth most people's time!

Forza 5 - Metacritic Average 79 - Popular opinion = This is a great game, definitely worth a purchase and a major reason to own an Xbox One!

Point being, reviews and metacritic aren't always indicative or reflective of the average consensus. It works both ways mind, see GTA IV.

Now, how does that reasoning translate into sales?

Destiny X1 vs. Forza 5?

It's all about word of mouth. Aggressive, downright forceful viral marketing and ads.

VanWinkle

I don't think those are the general consensus. Destiny seems right on point, and Forza 5 seems about right, too, because it doesn't feel fully featured enough for a sim racer. Most people don't think the game is amazing by any means.

whoaduh

It needs that genuine support. This is quality gaming right here, and if we want to see more from Evolution Studios we gotta show more support than simply buying it because a select few of us know what's good.

Yeah, I've been trying to talk this game up with my friends but none of them are having it. It's like trying to convince a bunch of Greg Millers. Maybe the Plus edition will do a better job. I shall not give up!

I fully expect a bunch of 7's, 7.5's, 75's, etc. But screw the reviews, I've been waiting on a game like this for a long time. Reviews be damned.

I fully expect a bunch of 7's, 7.5's, 75's, etc. But screw the reviews, I've been waiting on a game like this for a long time. Reviews be damned.

ign will give it an 8.5
gamespot a 9
polygon will give it an 8
joystiq a 3/5
destructoid will give it a 90%
everyone else will split between 6.5 to 8.5

I hope Evo comes out of this okay. Even if it does well critically it's hard to imagine a game with such a tiny marketing campaign pushing many copies. Half of my non-gaming-forum-type PS4 owner friends haven't even heard of this.

slapnuts

What Console game is sporting better AA with the lighting and all other post processing effects that DC has..? I mean, I'm in that console screenshots thread, and what everyone is buying and proud of definitely has noticeable aliasing.

I don't see how DC has become the posterchild for horrible image quality due to AA thats damn fine, compared to other titles pushing the same amount of detail/quality/rendering/textures/atmospherics...everything..

I think, just, Second Son..? Which is a standout among all other games this generation.
Everyone has their own opinion and issues about games. I take them as a grain of salt, like the dude trying to compare DC to 3 year old Dirt 3 which that comparison is simply off the wall baffling because of the sheer amount of graphic effects DC is doing along with the extreme track-side details. The AA seems perfectly fine from what I've seen, is it high end PC quality AA? Well of course not, this is a console game but for a first year PS4 title and yet still is able to be the best looking racing game to date including anything on PC....i think DC has truly raised the bar for racing game visuals and this is simply coming from a unbiased PC gamer that i am.

Take the blatant negative comments in here as a grain of salt and judge the game with your own tastes,etc...we all of our opinions and tastes or things that bug us about games but it don't mean its true to the next person.

There is one thing for sure, this game is solid and from the feedback i have read and heard from those that have have the game now...its been nothing but 98% positive, mostly saying the gameplay is really fun and exciting and visuals are bar none set above anything else. And to think this is a frist year PS4 title that will be supported for months to come with new tracks, cars, weather addon pack,etc for free, mind you!

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Do you get more points for racing with your club's paintjob?

I believe it will score something btween 78-82. What is good indeed. I think its gonna be:
+Graphics.
+Handling (by impressions here)
-Content (no weather at 1st day and lack of cars and customization options)
I'm curious. What other racers have over 100 vehicles aside from the GT/Forza series?

jayu26

ign will give it an 8.5
gamespot a 9
joystiq a 3/5

Way too high man. This has 7 written all over it.

Of course, none of that should matter if you like the game.

Kssio_Aug

I'm curious. What other racers have over 100 vehicles aside from the GT/Forza series?
I dont know but the racing references nowadays are those two. And after that "Forza Killer" stuff I find hard that no one will compare one thing or another, specially giving the time frame between both.

Guymelef

The reviews will be something like.

50 Cars: -.0.5
No weather at launch: -0.5
No-open-world-fuck-this-shit forza-horizon-2-is-the-new-messiah: -3

nib95

Banned
ign will give it an 8.5
gamespot a 9
joystiq a 3/5

No way it's getting those scores imo. I reckon it'll score lower, but I get the feeling I'm going to really enjoy it either way.

Loudninja

sdgvac.gif

Can people stream game at midnight?
I am sure you can.

Kssio_Aug

Eh, it's someone's opinion. The developers weren't going for that.
Lol dude, they've chosen to put that themselves on the trailer.

I am mostly certain that people here are looking at me as a hater just because I criticize some points on DC and that AC Unity thread (summed up with the fact that Im enjoying FH2). Amazing.

Driveclub is more of a Project Gotham killer really.

Except that game is dead.

Anyway I bought Driveclub feeling fairly certain it will be a 7 point average game. Still I trust in Evolution to update the hell out of it so I don't worry much.

Driveclub will be an 8, 9 point average game once it's done.

In his defense, that's a moot point. If that's how it is marketed, that's how it will be judged.

Not that reviewers weren't going to compare it with Forza otherwise...

Lol dude, they've chosen to put that themselves on the trailer.

I am mostly certain that people here are looking at me as a hater just because I criticize some points on DC and that AC Unity thread. Amazing.
Got the video? I haven't seen it.

stoic-lemon

Neo Member
Adding friends from the app while I browse this thread on the PC.

I can't say there's much advertising for this game here (Japan) that I've seen. I went to a couple of shops that sell games and neither of them had anything for DC. No info on the store yet, either.

Well in my opinion, the best thing about drive clubs graphics are that they're mostly unintentional. They built an engine that relies heavily on dynamic systems and what we get is what those systems create. It's not like they placed the trees to perfectly give off a certain shadow at a specific time of day. Same thing with the way rivers and clouds look.

I imagine it would be pretty easy from here on out to create content.

This has probably been asked a billion times, but does the ps plus version go up tonight with the full version, or will we have to wait until PSN updates later tomorrow ?

hawk2025

I dont know but the racing references nowadays are those two. And after that "Forza Killer" stuff I find hard that no one will compare one thing or another, specially giving the time frame between both.

You are really harping on this "Forza killer" stuff.

Letitgo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom