• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanWinkle

Holy crap, that's a bit disappointing. I don't mind waiting for the Dynamic Weather patch but I was under the impression rain/snow would be in at launch. Not a big deal at all but a bit of a bummer.

That's why I got so frustrated anytime somebody would say, "there's weather, but dynamic weather is coming later." It's really misleading.

HOLY SHIT!!!
Screen%20Shot%202014-10-06%20at%207.33.50%20PM.png

DOES THE GAME ACTUALLY LOOK LIKE THAT!!

And I thought grand turismo and forza was beautiful.

the sense of speed is unbelievable

Cockpit or first person is where it's at for sense of speed :p

HOLY SHIT!!!

DOES THE GAME ACTUALLY LOOK LIKE THAT!!

And I thought grand turismo and forza was beautiful.

the sense of speed is unbelievable
And to think, a couple of pages back we had to defend the visuals to people who insisted DC's graphics weren't anything special. After all, Dirt 3 looked better and that came out 3 years ago!

So...um...how much is a racing wheel :D

I mean, I dont have any experience with one for vidya games and Im not sure where to find it here in Canada, but I dont even need it to be fancy

Nokterian

So...um...how much is a racing wheel :D

I mean, I dont have any experience with one for vidya games and Im not sure where to find it here in Canada, but I dont even need it to be fancy

Thrustmaster t300 is around 400 euro's and the other t500 is even more expensive. I don't have any for it so i will be playing with a controller.

Alright, on my way to pick up my T100 from the Purolator depot.

Anyone curious about wheels want me to post impressions when I get back? I've used a Driving Force GT before and also have a G27, so I can offer up comparisons to those.

orochi91

Is there a reason why the India tracks look subpar, especially when compared to Norway and Canada?

Looking through some footage, the IQ discrepancy is noticeable :/

Saberus

Is this going to unlock at 9PM PST? Will I be able to get the PS+ thing?

I'm so out of the loop.
Don't understand your questions, if you pre-ordered your ps+ digital copy, then you should see a countdown timer on your screen, it unlocks at 12am PST, if your just talking about the free PS+ version then that won't be avalible till later in the day.

aawww shit, im hyped

IM FUCKING HYPED!!!

Im watching some dude play in the cockpit view on the PS4, and man, DEM GRAPHICS!!! DAT SENSE OF SPEED!!!! DAT IMMERSION!!!!

Dude is driving like HELLA fast.

Man, I can't wait to try this game tomorrow. If the free version impresses me like I hope, they got my $60.

cripterion

In terms of content I think DriveClub is really missing here, specially for such a delayed title. I think both weather and photomode should be on day one, but if not, at least the photomode should.

No weather, really!? What about all these vids on the net with rainy and snowy tracks?

viveks86

There was the recent UK event that some NeoGAF members attended. I was under the impression the weather build was there, based on comments. There was the September presentation At Milano, which focused on those elements. There have been several press releases talking about the coming features, which is practical information to have, but is also the focus of communications about the game. The E3 presentation for the game referenced both rain and the photo mode. The co-marketing video series with Aston Martin showcased the weather features. The Driveclub Tapping into the Power of the PS4 promo video from last month also leveraged weather, and showed the photo mode. The Driveclub All Action trailer from the beginning of October showed off nighttime weather effects.

If you know me, I do my best not to be insincere. I would call those promotion.

You know I respect you well enough to not think you are being insincere. We just don't seem to agree on the word 'promotion'. For me, promotion is what the average gamer in the neighborhood gets to see. Not closed door events, press events or stuff that devs share on GAF. We see a lot of work in progress that a lot of people even within GAF are not following. To bring that up as a criticism will dissuade devs from being transparent. Neither of us want that.

I will concede that the Aston Martin video and power of PS4 video are indeed promotional material. Those slipped my mind entirely.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
speaking of sharefactory. have they updated to add more themes other than the ones that came with the download? lol

Not that I know... There's an infamous theme, a TLoU theme, and couple of others. This is my first time fiddling with it.

MrS

Banned
So excited for this on Friday. I haven't bought a racing game in years but DriveClub looks phenomenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom