• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
The posts below are why I said that:
Eh, I dunno. I guess I typically feel disconnected from mainstream reviews anyway, so I'm not the best to comment, but I think scoring by "Game A has X, Game B doesn't, so Game B scores lower than Game A" would be a more disappointing way to do things. I think it creates an atmosphere that promotes "Me too!" games where you're just trying to cram in the features of the best-reviewed game.

Kssio_Aug

You know another racing game that was filled with content? FUEL by Codemasters. Will you be concerned as well if Driveclub manages to get a better meta score than FUEL too?

Is it that hard to understand?
Fuel may have infinity content, it doesnt matter if it is not a good game in its core!

Now, if DC is a good racing game, its demerits (and lack of content may be in it) will naturally lower its score. It doesnt mean it will get a 60 out of 100 because of that alone!

Now, FH2 may (probably) be used as a comparison for one review or another because that one on the other hand has lots of contents, it is a good game, it is pratically DriveClub yin-yang (Sony racing of the year agains XB1 racing of the year), aswell as the time frame and the natural comparion between Forza and Sony's racing games that isnt news. AND the Forza Killer thing.

Shaneus

You know another racing game that was filled with content? FUEL by Codemasters. Will you be concerned as well if Driveclub manages to get a better meta score than FUEL too?
Don't forget Test Drive Unlimited 2.

I see where you're coming from. Given the wealth of content present in FH2, I'd be
fairly disappointed to see DC review just as good. It sets a bad precedent, that releasing
unfinished products can still review and subsequently sell well. I like how Destiny
was taken to task by the media for lacking in content, and the meta score reflects that.
Wait... you'd be disappointed to see one game THAT IS SIGNIFICANTLY DIFFERENT FROM ANOTHER review just as well? Hoping for bad reviews just because games are different is just pathetic and honestly shows just how one-eyed you are regarding this gen and the racers on each platform. And "unfinished product"? Have you seen how many people are having issues with locking up in that other racer you mentioned? Not to neglect the fact that technically that too is also "unfinished" given the amount of content coming in monthly packs.

You really need to stick to other threads until you have something coherent and legitimate to say about Driveclub.

stoic-lemon

Neo Member
Where you at...im a 30 something dad as well who plays weeknights after the kids are asleep

Lets do this..Fast Daddy Racing Club :)

Same. Love the name too. If this is going to be a thing, I'll throw my hat in. Full disclosure: I'm on the upper end of 30 something :(

TEH-CJ

Banned
ign will give it an 8.5
gamespot a 9
polygon will give it an 8
joystiq a 3/5
destructoid will give it a 90%
everyone else will split between 6.5 to 8.5

Not a chance

Ign - 6.5
Gamespot - 6
joystic 3/5
Destructoid - 70
Eurogamer - 6
Giantbomb - 2 stars

Book it.

Im still buying it first thing tomorrow morning and Ill be streaming it so make sure you guys check it out :)

Don't understand your questions, if you pre-ordered your ps+ digital copy, then you should see a countdown timer on your screen, it unlocks at 12am PST, if your just talking about the free PS+ version then that won't be avalible till later in the day.

thanks, I meant the free PS+ version I want to try it out first..

boingball

Not a chance

Ign - 6.5
Gamespot - 6
joystic 3/5
Destructoid - 70
Eurogamer - 6
Giantbomb - 2 stars

Book it.

Im still buying it first thing tomorrow morning and Ill be streaming it so make sure you guys check it out :)

Evolution is based in the UK so Eurogamer will give a better score. 7 or 8.
The rest I believe is spot on.
Polygon - 6

nikos

My friend in Canada is trying to preorder/preload, but the site doesn't have the preorer option for him, and he doesn't see it in the store via PS4. Is there something going on with Canada?

Gacha-pin

I wonder the full version owners and plus users are in the same pool for the multi. If the plus version players in the lobby, only india tracks are available for the match?

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
I really don't understand some people. Wanting the game to review poorly because some added features aren't available day 1 is strange.

It's like saying that The Last of Us should had scored less than COD Ghosts because the game had less "content". This fixation with the idea that the game must have lots of content is what's causing this half assed games with shoehorned multiplayer campaigns.

There's a lot of developers that invested years on this game creating something that they wanted people to experience. And there's a lot of people that want to play the game as soon as possible. I don't think that anyone e who's hyped for the game wants another delay.

I don't see any bad precedent that Driveclub is setting. Delaying a game for almost 1 year and delivering a product that is leaps and bounds superior to the thing that people played last year seems like a win to me.

If the game is good, it is good. Everybody that played it said that it deserves high marks, so let it be.

Would it make more sense to draw comparisons to Forza 5 instead of FH2? Seems more similar to me.

Ermahferkingerd! Less than 6 hours!

Reading the thread I see I am not the only one having issues. I am in continental Europe (Spain) and I bought the PS+ upgrade package. The game should be active for playing in 20 hours and 30 minutes, but it just won't preload.

I tried adding it to the queue from the Sony webstore but that doesn't work either. I am afraid that I wont be able to give it a short try come tomorrow night. I'll have to wait for wednesday afternoon when I come back home. It's a short wait after all this months but it would have been nice if the preload actually worked.

My bet is it will be scored the same as as GT6 was, which got an 81 metascore, with some 90s and 100s but the big sites were 6s and 7s I think the excuse they used was the car AI was un-interesting and had not developed.

Weather, Photomode, even something basic for any racing game like a replay mode is missing. Even the decals editor is missing some options relatively basic for any game of genre.

Orochi91 post nails the point, setting a precedent is what makes all of this worse.

The game needs to nail the social/online component from the start, and it's already lacking since it has no private lobbys, but it is the main focus of the game after all so there should be a lot to talk about that.
only thing that bothers me is the weather but whatever.

Thanks for setting up DRIVECLUB-GAF Viveks. I've sent out some awesome requests and received some awesome requests. Can't wait to tear sss across the countryside with everyone.

Those were never to be in the game at launch in the first place. NFS Rivals doesn't have a photo mode or replays, but nobody considers the game "unfinished". And they shouldn't, because you can't judge a game by what it DOESN'T have.

Because a game like Rivals does'nt need it on the first place and better yet, it did not show anything that was not in the game pre release.
2 of the most hyped features of DC are not in the game, so yeah, it's different.

I don't say the game is unfinished, but how can you explain that after a whole year delay these features are not in?, something happened with the game that's for sure.

Don't worry, my hype for the game is intact since day one, but those facts are intact too.

My friend in Canada is trying to preorder/preload, but the site doesn't have the preorer option for him, and he doesn't see it in the store via PS4. Is there something going on with Canada?

Yeah, there seems to be an issue right now with preordering from the Canadian PSN. I'm so glad I preordered last week.

T100 acquired with 6 hours to spare! Yessss! Time to boot up GT6 and get familiar with it before moving to DC

IgAQFmLh.jpg

YES! Glad to have you on my teammmmm.....

Loudninja

Because a game like Rivals does'nt need it on the first place and better yet, it did not show anything that was not in the game pre release.
2 of the most hyped features of DC are not in the game, so yeah, it's different.

I don't say the game is unfinished, but how can you explain that after a whole year delay these features are not in?, something happened with the game that's for sure.

Don't worry, my hype for the game is intact since day one, but those facts are intact too.
Like its been said many times know they started working on those features late.

They were working on the menus,adding more cars and tracks and improving the graphics.

Dre3001

Why are people predicting this game to get 6s and 7s at most places?

Did I miss something that was mentioned in previews for the game?

The term "corridor racing" is a joke in itself and no reviewer penalized the Forza, Gran Turismo, or Project Gotham Racing Series for not being free roam so I don't see why this game would be any different.

Doel

Yeah, there seems to be an issue right now with preordering from the Canadian PSN. I'm so glad I preordered last week.

I'm glad I pre-ordered it over the weekend. I have a feeling that $49.99 price will be changed to an overpriced Canadian version.

IKizzLE

Game will average between a 74-77.

Positives will be:
Gameplay is good
Graphics are great

Negatives will be:
Lack of cars
Lack of content
Lack of private lobbies
Feels unfinished due to weather, and other features coming shortly

Id be shocked if this scores in the 60s or scores above 85, but you never know.

tuna_love

Banned
Game will average between a 74-77.

Positives will be:
Gameplay is good
Graphics are great

Negatives will be:
Lack of cars
Lack of content
Lack of private lobbies
Feels unfinished due to weather, and other features coming shortly

Id be shocked if this scores in the 60s or scores above 85, but you never know.
Is the no private lobbies a real thing?

KalBalboa

Banned
I'm expecting great gameplay, unparalleled visuals, and mediocre scores due to lack of high car variety and a hard arcade or sim slant.

Ok, so I have a 30 day free PS+ trial for any of my UK/EU brethren that want to make a NA PSN account and grab the PS+ version for free and get to play it early...

First one to quote can have it, I'll send the code via PM.

Like its been said many times know they started working on those features late.

They were working on the menus,adding more cars and tracks and improving the graphics.

Completly understandable, also Sony clearly did'nt helped either with how they promoted the game, plus Evolution is not that big studio after all.

That's why i said that it needs to get those strong points right, it's the only thing that will bump those review scores for sure.

YES! Glad to have you on my teammmmm.....

I ain't messing around man :) doing some time trials to get my racing reflexes back up to speed. GUARDIANS OF THE TRACK gotta be in top shape!!

6enr2f9h.jpg

I play a lot of sims with few assists though so it'll be interesting to see what the more arcadey style of DC feels like it. Hope I can adapt quickly

commedieu

Banned
I ain't messing around man :) doing some time trials to get my racing reflexes back up to speed. GUARDIANS OF THE TRACK gotta be in top shape!!

6enr2f9h.jpg

I play a lot of sims with few assists though so it'll be interesting to see what the more arcadey style of DC feels like it. Hope I can adapt quickly

*sniff*

whats that you're drinkin on playboy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom