• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
My T100 is set up and ready to go as well :)

I'm quite impressed with the wheel, actually. Feels very solid. Though the pedal base kind of sucks, when I step on the gas/brake it wants to kind of wobble or tip up on edge. The rubber isn't holding it well either it slides on my floor :( gotta see if I have something to stick it up against so it stays still

Why are people predicting this game to get 6s and 7s at most places?

Despite looking like a solid-enough game. There are certain aspects of the game that some publications usually mark down for.

A few things I can see causing some 7's are:

1. Games that have had large delays usually have higher expectations than others.
2. The game released just a week after a very well-reviewed racer from a popular franchise (FH2).
3. Despite a huge delay, the game is still missing key features that will be patched in.
4. The game lacks car variety and large count that have become the norm for this genre.
5. The single player mode appears to be on the short side.
6. It's like racing in a corridor*

Most of these reasons are enough for it to not get many 9's at all.

*reason 6 is a joke.

So what's the verdict of the T80? Able to compare it to, say, the DFGT or G27?

Not even close. I tried it out in store and it honestly feels like a toy. Cheap and plasticy with bungie cords inside. But I guess it's probably better than nothing. I got a T100 for only 50 bucks more and it's much closer to the DFGT

Shaneus

Not even close. I tried it out in store and it honestly feels like a toy. Cheap and plasticy with bungie cords inside. But I guess it's probably better than nothing. I got a T100 for only 50 bucks more and it's much closer to the DFGT
I couldn't find anything on the Thrusty website that mentioned a T100. Will have to do some research then!

Would've killed for Logitech support. Still hurts.

Hoje0308

Banned
I'm quite impressed with the wheel, actually. Feels very solid. Though the pedal base kind of sucks, when I step on the gas/brake it wants to kind of wobble or tip up on edge. The rubber isn't holding it well either it slides on my floor :( gotta see if I have something to stick it up against so it stays still

Good to know! I noticed the pedal base was a little front loaded and the angle of the pedals doesn't help. If it comes to it I'll set a weight on the back to keep it down. Going to sleep now so I can wake up at about 4 AM and play a while before class.
Guardians are gonna kill it!

drotahorror

Game will average between a 74-77.

Positives will be:
Gameplay is good
Graphics are great

Negatives will be:
Lack of cars
Lack of content
Lack of private lobbies
Feels unfinished due to weather, and other features coming shortly

Id be shocked if this scores in the 60s or scores above 85, but you never know.

While you could be right about the score, I wonder why Titanfall scored so high? It lacked more content than most games for sure.

Good to know! I noticed the pedal base was a little front loaded and the angle of the pedals doesn't help. If it comes to it I'll set a weight on the back to keep it down. Going to sleep now so I can wake up at about 4 AM and play a while before class.
Guardians are gonna kill it!
I'll be watching out for you guys on the track. Don't underestimate my fish tailing abilities. Muahaha!

Curufinwe

Despite looking like a solid-enough game. There are certain aspects of the game that some publications usually mark down for.

A few things I can see causing some 7's are:

1. Games that have had large delays usually have higher expectations than others.
2. The game released just a week after a very well-reviewed racer from a popular franchise (FH2).
3. Despite a huge delay, the game is still missing key features that will be patched in.

I don't mind that because I'll just get the PS+ version and upgrade at a later date if I really like it. But it is something that should lower the score. Reviewers have to rate based on what's available to them at launch.

Guys, I'm switching on my PS4 to accept more friend invites. Should I be scared?
index.php

Are we back on the "needs more content" meme from a few years ago. I thought we concluded that what games need are a compelling gameplay hook to keep you coming back, and that padding a game with "content" was the worse thing to happen to the industry! Last gen was full of useless padding in games that either hid the fact the main gameplay wasn't compelling or diluted the experience.

In Driveclub allowing people to tune their cars would dilute the experience of challenges.

viveks86

Not bad. PSN was the most responsive I've seen all week. Gearing up for launch perhaps?

DRIVECLUB-GAF is at 428 now

Do we shoot for 500? My fingers hurt. Gotta save em for playing the game in

t1412665200z4.png

ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG

Not bad. PSN was the most responsive I've seen all week. Gearing up for launch perhaps?

DRIVECLUB-GAF is at 428 now

Do we shoot for 500? My fingers hurt. Gotta save em for playing the game in

t1412665200z4.png

ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG

Wait, can we download the ps plus edition at 12 PM ET?

EDIT: VERY stupid question, because your timer says PDT? lol wow.

Gray Matter

Apologies if this has been asked before but, since the demo has all game modes with limited cars/tracks, can I play with friends/people online who have the full game without limitations on said tracks?

Aspiring

Man not long now. And have just gone through and added lots of you guys and girls. Bring in the challenges and races!

Oh and those Goosebumps books are the best. I loved them as a kid and now my little boy has started reading am now passing along mine to him.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
I just turned my ps4 on, and I have 52 friend requests!

Really nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom