• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

viveks86

Shame India is the PS+ free edition region. Imo it is the worst looking of the different ones in the game graphically speaking.

How else would you tease people? Give them a taste of all the features but hold back on the best looking tracks and environments to play them on. Everybody knows the game looks gorgeous. What they need to know is if it's their kind of game. It's a genius plan.

Just watched a YouTube video of the BAC Mono in Canada, played from my he cockpit view... Looks amazing. The player is wearing a helmet. I cant wait to see the weather effects from that perspective.

How else would you tease people? Give them a taste of all the features but hold back on the best looking tracks and environments to play them on. Everybody knows the game looks gorgeous. What they need to know is if it's their kind of game. It's a genius plan.
Makes sense. If they gave you the best for the free version, you would prolly end up feeling disappointed with the full game.

viveks86

Release (GMT-08:00):
t1412665200z4.png

Reviews (GMT-08:00):
t1412686800z4.png

PS+ Edition (GCT):
50900-Ellen-Page-shrug-gif-Tb30.gif

For new page

Tek

First time doing the Day 1 Digital, I normally prefer hard copies of my games, but I thought I give the future a try. The only thing that I don't like is the time zone unlock. I'm east coast so it would be nice to play the game at midnight instead of 3am which I hopefully will not be awake for.

So I haven't really followed this thread too closely to the ones that have the game already, but is there not an option to listen to music while racing? I know they wanted to have it off by default, but there is some kind of music while driving right guys?

If not that is a huge let down increased by the fact that Sony has not allowed us to use our own mp3s. I don't need a racing game with its on radio stations but listening to the sounds of the car, screeching tires isn't all I want to hear either....

Also did we ever hear any confirmation for a custom headset profile for this?

23qwerty

First time doing the Day 1 Digital, I normally prefer hard copies of my games, but I thought I give the future a try. The only thing that I don't like is the time zone unlock. I'm east coast so it would be nice to play the game at midnight instead of 3am which I hopefully will not be awake for.

So I haven't really followed this thread too closely to the ones that have the game already, but is there not an option to listen to music while racing? I know they wanted to have it off by default, but there is some kind of music while driving right guys?

If not that is a huge let down increased by the fact that Sony has not allowed us to use our own mp3s. I don't need a racing game with its on radio stations but listening to the sounds of the car, screeching tires isn't all I want to hear either....

There is music playing while driving and it's not actually off by default. It's just removed when using the PS4 Share feature from what I understand.

EDIT: Maybe I was partially wrong there.

There's an in-game soundtrack you can listen to, music volume will be 0% by default so you need to turn it up in the options.

Alternatively, you can use Sony's Music Unlimited service to listen to music while you play games. The app can run in the background.

Yes the game has its own soundtrack and you need music unlimited to listen to your own music and yes I believe there is a custom headset profile.

Beat like mashed potatoes.

viveks86

There will be one. Release is probably clubbed with the PSN update

Alternatively, you can use Sony's Music Unlimited service to listen to music while you play games. The app can run in the background.

Also to be noted is that music unlimited is a worthless piece of garbage that randomly crashes for no apparent reason

:/

23qwerty

Also to be noted is that music unlimited is a worthless piece of garbage that randomly crashes for no apparent reason

:/

Does it still do that? I only used it during the free month trial at launch and it was definitely very crashy then, but I'd heard that it's a lot better now?

Phreak47

What's going to start killing me quickly is every day the t300rs continues to be unavailable in the U.S. with no apparent confirmed date yet other than allegedly a delayed "October".

viveks86

Does it still do that? I only used it during the free month trial at launch and it was definitely very crashy then, but I'd heard that it's a lot better now?

I've tried for 6 months and gave up on it. I don't even know if I'm still paying for it

FUCK. Am I still paying for it? BRB

Gaz_RB

Holy hell, that looks great. I haven't played a racing game in 5+ years. I might just enjoy this.

And even if you don't, its free! I'm mostly excited for a new game that I can sort of play while I'm zoning out. It's almost like meditation, driving on courses I've memorized. I remember while playing Forza 4 on 360 that I could just lose myself and almost subconsciously do like a lap or two before realizing that I was basically on autopilot the whole time.

An Ellen Page gif to soften the blow. Good technique.

Embargo is after the game goes live? Weird.

Strange.

Are November editions of games magazines out this week? I sometimes feel these things are goodwill gestures by marketing departments that turn into conspiracy theories on internet forums.

Phreak47

Holy hell, that looks great. I haven't played a racing game in 5+ years. I might just enjoy this.

Yeah, I was just thinking... I used to be so hardcore into GT (up through 4) and before that the good F1 games. Always had a wheel and everything. But I skipped out on the whole last gen. As hyped as I was for GT5 (bought the driving force GT wheel), when it finally arrived I was unable to get into it. I think that burn out began with GT4.

Anyway, so I think this is the one that brings me back.... so I'm going to get that T300RS (HURRY and get this thing out TM!) and probably this stand to go with it. This PS4 and new Sammy TV haven't really been pushed yet. It's time.

Has anyone in AU or EU been able to start the Pre-load. my timer is down to 10Hrs 40mins. and still cant start the DL. not from the PS4 Store or from the webstore

TheBear

I bought this on US PSN but I have an aussie console. I'm concerned that I won't be able to play this until it hits in aus. Is that the case?

Gaz_RB

Strange.

Are November editions of games magazines out this week? I sometimes feel these things are goodwill gestures by marketing departments that turn into conspiracy theories on internet forums.

Also, I've made the argument that sometimes marketing departments like to postpone reviews until release day in order to increase visibility/hype on launch day and encourage impulse buyers. I think after games like GTAV having really late embargo lift dates has sort of dispelled the urban legend that it means the game is automatically bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom