• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.W.

I don't pay attention to reviews. Makes no difference if it scores a 9.5 or a 5.5

Everyone that has the game early has nothing but positive things to say.

Rixa

I leave you kids to play on your own for ONE PAGE and the clocks are GONE! Tch tch

Release (GMT-08:00):
t1412665200z4.png

Reviews (GMT-08:00):
t1412686800z4.png

PS+ Edition (Tuesday GCT):

Good, I was just trying to find at what time rewievs come in :). Its Tuesday morning 08:07 here. Time to wait :p.

nikos

GIFS I can understand, but how can the visuals be worse than 1080p videos we've been seeing lol, if anything they'd be better. Chances are the game just picks the worse looking tracks/conditions earlier on, and offers more and more of the better looking stuff as it goes on.

Image quality flaws might just be more apparent on my TV, due to its size and seeing the game from a direct signal. I also had its backlight way higher than usual to compensate for my bright room earlier today. Also, I believe videos can hide a bit of the aliasing and details, since they aren't perfect quality.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
I don't pay attention to reviews. Makes no difference if it scores a 9.5 or a 5.5

This is what I care about. People that have paid for it got it early and are hyped are in no way bias. It's like the complete opposite of the Justin mcelroy incident with skyrim.

That's a carpet statement about everything. Not just this Game

I agree, there are only positive things from players who played so far other than complaining the missing features which are planned as patch soon. So, this game is good and fun to play and these reviews does not matter for many.

Pretty much. I have seen enough to know I am going to love it unless for some reason it controls like a nightmare which it doesn't sound like it will.

nib95

Banned
Image quality flaws might just be more apparent on my TV, due to its size and seeing the game from a direct signal. I also had its backlight way higher than usual to compensate for my bright room earlier today. Also, I believe videos can hide a bit of the aliasing and details, since they aren't perfect quality.

It probably just needs calibration. Take it off Dynamic mode if it's on it, maybe switch to Cinema mode or THX if you have it. Drop your sharpness down to zero, and dip your contrast and saturation a bit. Alternatively just Google for the ISF calibration settings for your set.

Shaneus

Positive. But there could always be a chance. Grace Chen might want to get it over with so that she can play DRIVECLUB all day.
In case you missed my edit, that doesn't count for those of us who have PS+ but preordered the full game at the discounted price, yes? We still get it on time?

nikos

It probably just needs calibration. Take it off Dynamic mode if it's on it, maybe switch to Cinema mode or THX if you have it. Drop your sharpness down to zero, and dip your contrast and saturation a bit. Alternatively just Google for the ISF calibration settings for your set.

I spent days calibrating it when I bought it last year. I have to adjust the backlight when the sun is beaming into the room, but that's it. Need to get better window treatments, but I usually play at night anyway.

aly

I don't have a PS4 or Driveclub, but I just feel excited watching all of you be excited. Just wanna watch all the streams that come out from the game :)

Any impressions of the thrushnaster line up?

I wasn't going to....but I kinda want to grab a decent priced wheel to drool in cockpit view

Ps. Psn- hastethedav

I hope they add a 5.0 mustang (2013 plzzzz) so I can make a mustang club.

B-Dex

In case you missed my edit, that doesn't count for those of us who have PS+ but preordered the full game at the discounted price, yes? We still get it on time?

You can already pre-load it if you're in North America. It's been fully downloaded on my ps4 since yesterday.

nib95

Banned
I spent days calibrating it when I bought it last year. I have to adjust the backlight when the sun is beaming into the room, but that's it. Need to get better window treatments, but I usually play at night anyway.

Interesting. What tracks or locations are featured at the start of the campaign? Imo, based on what I've seen, in terms of graphics it goes Norway > Chile > Canada > Scotland > India.

nikos

Interesting. What tracks or locations are featured at the start of the campaign? Imo, based on what I've seen, in terms of graphics it goes Norway > Chile > Canada > Scotland > India.

I forget, to be honest, but I think they mix it up. I don't think they throw in time changes too early in the game though. The game looks great, there's just a tiny bit more aliasing than I expected and I'm really sensitive to that.

psn

The visuals are good, but not as good as GIFs and videos have made them seem to be, IMO. My very first impression was that the gameplay was better than the visuals, which actually says a lot because the game is still beautiful, especially from the cockpit view.

It somehow seems to get better looking as you play it, probably because you learn to see past its minor caveats and appreciate the beauty behind them.

They can make beautiful and stunning races by changing the weather, location and time of the day.. the first races are not really stunning, I agree. The first cars aren't great looking as well...

But I love the weather system. You have cloudy race and it looks good, but suddenly the sun comes out, and you get a "wtf this is so beautiful" moment.

Start a race from 5am in Norway for example, time x60 and clear weather
feel your jaw dropping to the ground.

nikos

So my Canadian friend wasn't able to preorder. The full game should be available to download at 3:00 Eastern, right? I see NBA 2k15 is already up, so I'm assuming DC will be there when the full game unlocks rather than when the store updates.

nikos

They can make beautiful and stunning races by changing the weather, location and time of the day.. the first races are not really stunning, I agree. The first cars aren't great looking as well...

But I love the weather system. You have cloudy race and it looks good, but suddenly the sun comes out, and you get a "wtf this is so beautiful" moment.

Start a race from 5am in Norway for example, time x60 and clear weather
feel your jaw dropping to the ground.

Yeah, the time change really is beautiful. I think the visuals will really take a leap with that weather update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom