• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st place and all 3 stars on the first 2 races. Oh man. I'm going to lose so much hair pullin it out over this game, the first time I overtook for the lead on the last lap was so gratifying.

Anyone else NOT able to change views? Square does nothing.

excellent-frog.jpg

more people to beat your time man

It had to be GAF lol.

Apparently

are you suppose to win the 1st race cause i don't want it to be a easy win b/c of AI heh. Been a long time since i could do semi decent in a racing game

Apparently it ramps up as you go along

Ibuki

Banned
I can't get my T80 to work. Is there something specific I need to do? The buttons won't respond and I can't use it in a race.

servers are down but you can play offline
some sparkly aliasing, some people will hate
smashing into AI cars to slow down and take a corner is a doable thing
red flagged corners can be fast.. three colours of flags isn't enough to conclude much
got a silver psn achievement trophy on my second race - that's the fasted I ever got a silver in any game.

The roadside markers (green, yellow, and red) work so well. It's a rather simple solution to those concerned about a lack of a driving line.

$&@% they don't have the standard RT-Throttle and LT-brake..that's fn sad. Been playing with that set up since Forza 2 and any other racer.

Struggle is real.

bombshell

The roadside markers (green, yellow, and red) work so well. It's a rather simple solution to those concerned about a lack of a driving line.

It is. Is it explained in-game? It's a subtle solution so some people could miss the meaning of them and complain about lack of driving line.

fernoca

$&@% they don't have the standard RT-Throttle and LT-brake..that's fn sad. Been playing with that set up since Forza 2 and any other racer.

Struggle is real.
What do you mean? LT is brake and RT is throttle by deault. You can customize the buttons anyway. Even Remote Play buttons!

petedee

Neo Member
Screw it, I just got a months worth of PS Plus to hopefully give this a shot tonight (In the UK) damn my impatience!

Omg I'm loving the handling/gameplay so far. The sense of speed even in this beetle gsr makes my palms sweat at times! I can't imagine how the hyper cars are going to feel!

ShutterMunster

It's some kind of beautiful. IQ is great. The first time I played a race that went from late afternoon to dusk to night, I was practically all over the track. Jaw dropping.

My only gripe, there are like 7 diff white player models to choose from, 1 black and he's HIDEOUS! I mean jeeze we ain't got no brothers working at Evolution Studios?

It's some kind of beautiful. IQ is great. The first time I played a race that went from late afternoon to dusk to night, I was practically all over the track. Jaw dropping.

My only gripe, there are like 7 diff white player models to choose from, 1 black and he's HIDEOUS! I mean jeeze we ain't got no brothers working at Evolution Studios?

It's Asias ironic revenge against Chris Tucker's "all y'all look alike" line from rush hour.

Ibuki

Banned
I got the T80 to work thankfully. The game feels amazing. It's really great playing with a headset and a wheel. Even the AI was ramming me in the first race though which was stupid. I look forward to playing multiplayer. :)

DLC maybe?

chopstik

Banned
Always been racing manual only, so it's a big deal for me.

I can't set up right trigger for throttle same goes for Left trigger brakes. Unless I'm missing something in the options?
It's in settings > controls > ds4. I just redid my configuration.

Also, that's the standard configuration.

kriskrosbbk

I got the T80 to work thankfully. The game feels amazing. It's really great playing with a headset and a wheel. Even the AI was ramming me in the first race though which was stupid. I look forward to playing multiplayer. :)

I am with t80 and your first post well scared me.What was the issue and the fix?

It is. Is it explained in-game? It's a subtle solution so some people could miss the meaning of them and complain about lack of driving line.

I didn't notice an explanation. I just picked up on it since it seems pretty simple. Green = flatout, yellow = light on the brakes, and red = heavy braking.

The second race on the Hot Hatch Cup had some absolutely brutal sun conditions. It nearly completely blinded me on some corners.

Jimrpg

No Asians? how racist!

putting helmet on anyway

Ibuki

Banned
I am with t80 and your first post well scared me.What was the issue and the fix?

I had never used it on PS4 before (only PS3) so it was my own idiocy causing the problem. You have to hold down the PS button on the wheel to make it the primary controller. Then it works perfectly fine in both menus and the game itself. Initially I had to plugged in and only the regular DS4 would respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom