• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzy

Pretty surprised by how great the vegetation and trees look. They looked really muddy and lacked a bit of detail in screenshots, but when you actually play it in front of you even with the car being still, you don't see any of the artifacts that you see in the frame buffer grabs.

Quick Impressions:

Game looks stellar obviously. The first couple of tracks look great, nothing crazy so far. The hot hatch event in India is where you really see how beautiful the game looks. The way the track looked due to the cloud conditions and sun light made everything feel very "countryside" ish. It just looks natural. Clean and natural.

Controls are like a dream. Shit feels VERY smooth so far. I was whipping it.

Sound effects of the cars is pretty nice too. One thing that's weird is music is off by default in races but you can turn it on. The music is pretty intense.

The whole race feels intense. It just feels "alive" if that makes any sense. CPU racers feel aggressive and real and it gets my adrenaline pumping. The race tracks are nicely designed. Very polished.

What I don't like so far is the limited customization so far. I didn't really delve into the editor but it seems like there wasn't much to do but

I'm sure that is something that can easily be updated with a patch. Gameplay is great though. Feels very fun to drive.

Oh and this is from driving just a beetle. The game felt very exhilarating driving a fucking beetle. That's crazy.

Jimrpg

Wut? There are Asians. There seems to be one of each race. They ALL look pretty average though. No super models in sight.

I was referring to his post. He said there were 7 white models and 1 black model. He didn't say anything about Asians.

Glad to know this has been clarified now :p

kriskrosbbk

I had never used it on PS4 before (only PS3) so it was my own idiocy causing the problem. You have to hold down the PS button on the wheel to make it the primary controller. Then it works perfectly fine in both menus and the game itself. Initially I had to plugged in and only the regular DS4 would respond.
Good stuff;) So how is the game with it?Just bought mine,never used it.Is it good enough ,responsible,even without force feedback.Any lag when you use it?Thanks for answering

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
more people to beat your time man

Going too fast to give a shit
gif-teeth-oh-shit-878245.gif

Jimrpg

What I don't like so far is the limited customization so far. I didn't really delve into the editor but it seems like there wasn't much to do but

I'm sure that is something that can easily be updated with a patch. Gameplay is great though. Feels very fun to drive.

I think normally the first game in a lot of racing games is lite on options, think back to Forza, GT, Motorstorm, PGR. Its the second and third game where you really start to get more content.

Speaking of which is PGR5 still coming. Now THAT would make me buy an xbox ONE.

Just did the first race and, well, nothing about it "wowed" me when it came to the graphics.. There was quite a bit of aliasing present, and it just didn't look like the gifs that I've been basically salivating over for months. Still looks very good, though, and the controls are great and responsive. Feels very fun to play even from just that first race, which is a good sign.

The next race appears to be at night so I'm going to try that now, and I'm sure that will blow me away.

15 stars in 40 min. So far its been pretty easy, have not had to redo any races so far. I know this will change as I progress. I absolutely love how the cars handle. Drifting feels great, will take some getting used to but I love it. Soundtrack is great so far. How fast do you wanna go might get old soon but oh god that menu music!. Graphics are phemoninal. Smooth as butter and the IQ is fantastic. Never even really getting to sink my teeth in yet and it has been intense so far. Great sense of speed. I cant believe this is 30fps. Its already got its hooks in me but I HAVE to go to bed. Work in 5 hrs.

ShutterMunster

This game is really scratching that PGR itch. I need some city tracks PRONTO. Another gripe (which may in fact not be one at all), why is their no paint job customization? Only factory, club, and these terrible custom paint jobs. Is this an ability we unlock later on?

Controls feel amazing. Once I get the hang of cornering, I'll be burning around tracks w/ the DS4 without a problem.

Sense of speed is fantastic.

Can't wait to play more tomorrow when it's not so late.

Ibuki

Banned
Good stuff;) So how is the game with it?Just bought mine,never used it.Is it good enough ,responsible,even without force feedback.Any lag when you use it?Thanks for answering

It's amazing so far. I don't have experience with other wheels so I can't compare. It's the closest thing I have ever felt to driving at an arcade. It is perfectly responsive on the basic setting, I don't notice any lag at all either. Just getting used to driving with it now, but I'm having a blast!

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I'm just glad people are liking the game for the same reasons I did when I started writing my impressions.

Feels good :3

Is it possible to spin out? Because I was watching someone stream who was driving like they were playing bumper cars, and none of the cars ever did more than a slight fishtail. Also seems to be no mechanical damage, just slight superficial dings, which is a shame because it'll encourage bad behavior in online races.

Afrikan

oh boy...when you speeding down a road and the sunset is right in front of you, but also the reflection from the water is also blinding you...man I just naturally slowed down a bit because I couldn't see 100% of what was coming up.

Klocker

People use the sticks for throttle and brake.

Thats a thing ?

Can understand it in motorstorm RC but the view kind makes that an obvious choice.

Dirt games, grid and forza games all have had it as an option for years. Easier than triggers on long sessions and better control imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom