• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miroslav

I hope this is a good place to ask this... Im seeing the T500RS on the same price (354€) as the T300 (369€). So the question: T500 or T300?

viveks86

Controls are excellent. Incredibly responsive. The sound inside the car is stellar, as expected. The car feels so connected the the surface it's on. Nice subtle vibrations on the dual shock

2nd race looks so much better than the first. This game shines at night. But man, that aliasing is definitely noticeable. Hopefully a patch will address it soon.

The soundtrack is dope.

TheCloser

Banned
Again, I'll say it again. Stop playing your game, go get some hheadphones, go to the menu and just listen to the best racing ost ever.

I'm so happy I spent $49.99 on this game. Worth every penny. My favourite game purchase this year and I've only played it for like an hour.

Controls are excellent. Incredibly responsive. The sound inside the car is stellar, as expected. The car feels so connected the the surface it's on. Nice subtle vibrations on the dual shock
Viveks stahp. I'm not gonna make it till my copy arrives.
dont stahp

The OST for this game
russian1.gif

the customize character head with the twiggy hair can be used for the "before" anti-aliasing slide in a graphics course.

game isnt anything like a sim but its not arcade either. In gt6 etc i would justify hours of repeating the same segment of road by pretending it was a good foundation for my future f1 career. Not so sure what justification i can cling to to master this algorithm.
hmm.

viveks86

AI is tough. Even in amateur, I feel like they are right on my ass. But no rubber banding. At least, not yet. If I'm in the lead, I feel like I can stay there as long as I don't fuck up. And that means keeping your eyes on the road and not looking at the 1000 distractions on the OSD. So… good bye HUD! Minimap, you can stay

Adding so many people to my psn list but also gaffers adding me got more friends in the last 2 days then i had in a year haha.

Haha yeah I have had about 40 friends on psn for the last few years. Now well over 100! Good to know that most my friends list is now mainly gaffers!

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Yeah, I want this soundtrack. This along with the controls are making a big impression on me right now, even more than the visuals. The cars drive smooth as hell.

You have some of the best racing talent at Evolution Studios right now. In addition to people who worked on Motorstorm and probably veterans from the WRC games Evolution itself made, you have people from Bizarre/PGR fame and I would not count people from the SEGA Racing Studios that made the PC/Xbox 360/PS3 SEGA Rally game. There is some serious racer pedigree there.
Evolution Studios, like Bungie and others, had some impact on DS4's design too btw ;).

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
AI is tough. Even in amateur, I feel like they are right on my ass. But no rubber banding. At least, not yet. If I'm in the lead, I feel like I can stay there as long as I don't fuck up. And that means keeping your eye on the road and not looking at the 1000 distractions on the OSD. So… good bye HUD! Minimap, you can stay

HAH

AHAH

AHAAHAHA

You ...have a fun time ahead of you. It may or may not involve Ariel Atoms.

TheBear

I have the US PSN version of the game but I am still locked out of playing it (Aussie console). Is there any way to unlock it? This is super frustrating

KalBalboa

Banned
Quick impressions after getting to level 4:

• Perfect handling. I love how responsive it feels.
  • The right balance of arcadey/sim is here. I'm happy with the weight of the cars so far.
  • The visuals really do carry some wow factor. Had some fireworks pop up towards the end of a race and caught myself saying "Wow" out loud.
  • This game feels 1/2 there when the servers are off, at least for now. I couldn't access clubs, etc, and the menus are all heavy on internet enabled content.
  • I really wish PS4 had custom music already. While I like the in-game tracks so far, I want to put a custom playlist in ASAP.
  • GREAT sense of speed, especially considering we're talking about 30fps.

That's it for now. Looking forward to playing more soon. Can't believe there's no replay viewer/editor here!

boingball

Like the controls. Track design is ok what I have seen so far, though quite high speed tracks.

Online servers are down for me. Though I am not located in the US and have not tried with my US account.

Hoo-doo

Banned
You people just can't handle the might that is the Ariel Atom.

I used to rip and tear with that thing on the Nordschleife in PGR3/4. Racing bliss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom