• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to spin out? Because I was watching someone stream who was driving like they were playing bumper cars, and none of the cars ever did more than a slight fishtail.

Okay I answered my own question. Watching Gaz's stream, and he knocked an AI into a canyon wall and in the rear-view mirror the AI car literally flipped up into the air sideways. It was beautiful. Also saw a spinout. I'm sure that'll happen more often with higher-torque vehicles, though at least from watching the driving model seems more forgiving than GT.

boingball

I have the US PSN version of the game but I am still locked out of playing it (Aussie console). Is there any way to unlock it? This is super frustrating

I had no issues, NZ console here. US psn version unlocked at 8pm as expected. Though as mentioned before no online yet.

Edit: Online also works now for me.

Edit 2: And kicked out again.

Psykotik

social hub works now. guess it was down earlier.

this game feels soooooo good with a t500rs.

my god. just so good. worth buying a t500rs for.

I was already annoyed by short clips I'd seen, but watching gaz's stream really confirms to me how much I can't stand the fucking tyre screech in every fucking corner that seems to happen from every piece of media I've seen regarding this game.

The sound makes me want to kill myself so my brain will stop hurting.

As a sim racing fan I also can't stand to see people driving sideways in every corner. I hope it's not a necessity and that it's possible to take corners using proper racing lines and correct entry speeds to negate sliding and still win races.

dcgifnnxbsj0.gif

I will have to wait till tomorrow at 9am. Not long now, but at least I have gaf/YT to ease the wait.

I don't know what this black border business is. Works fine for me out of the box. Someone needs to document what they did to fix it

Servers are down. For me at least
Just Display Area setting, no? Doesn't help that EA fucked Fifa 15 and put the HUD on the limits of the address without padding and menu peoples quick solution was to make the area smaller than needed.

Hoo-doo

Banned
As a sim racing fan I also can't stand to see people driving sideways in every corner. I hope it's not a necessity and that it's possible to take corners using proper racing lines and correct entry speeds to negate sliding and still win races.

You need to remember this is not a sim. Going sideways through corners racking up them kudo's is what these games are all about.

Environments are gorgeous.
Cockpit view has me fully immersed.
Load times are damn quick - best I've seen in a racing game. Menus remember what you last selected. The whole UI is slick.
Cars feel very light, vibration could use more oomph (even at max), drifting seems both risky and precise - that's going to be fun to learn.
No UI for speedo and revs - you use your car's dash, which I love, but depending upon the car I couldn't find any gear indicator.
You lose points for leaving the track, colliding with the track and other cars - I love it as I'm all about driving clean and balanced.
Want another lap at that long point to point you just finished? Restarting is instant.
Servers were completely down, which sucked.

So far I'm in love. It doesn't have the depth of driving feel as a Forza Motorsport from what I've experienced (little, only level 4), but the road and track layouts do, there's a great sense of speed even in the starter cars, and with the dynamism on offer these are spaces I want to spend far more time in than any real circuit. Tomorrow night for me is going to involve some pizza, adult beverages and long time trials in beautiful locations in random conditions through sunset and sunrise and back again.

I'm already drooling at the thought of a true rally expansion

Is it possible to spin out? Because I was watching someone stream who was driving like they were playing bumper cars, and none of the cars ever did more than a slight fishtail. Also seems to be no mechanical damage, just slight superficial dings, which is a shame because it'll encourage bad behavior in online races.

You totally can spin out, saw it multiple times with a single seat open wheel car.

Okay I answered my own question. Watching Gaz's stream, and he knocked an AI into a canyon wall and in the rear-view mirror the AI car literally flipped up into the air sideways. It was beautiful. Also saw a spinout. I'm sure that'll happen more often with higher-torque vehicles, though at least from watching the driving model seems more forgiving than GT.

I'd hope it's more forgiving than GT considering this isn't a sim. And some of the passing lanes are so narrow, you kinda need a chance to fight spin outs and things of that nature. You can definitely spin out and fishtail though, more so on with the later cars from what we've seen.

ruttyboy

So the app isn't up yet? Someone's going to take my club name. Usual US first bullshit.

Yes I am salty, I want to PLAAAAAAAY!!!

Instead of playing more races I just did the first two again a bunch of times to get all the challenges. They're addicting as hell already.

My god, the controls are so satisfying in this game. It controls beautifully even on a controller. You get the feel that you have to work for first place, and it's extremely rewarding when you do. If you like PGR, you'll love this game. Also, the sound design is incredible. Someone please tell me Evo is working on a preset for DC for the Gold headset that will release soon!

Protip:
Turn off HUD. It makes the game a million times more immersive. Especially in dat cockpit view.

Loudninja

Instead of playing more races I just did the first two again a bunch of times to get all the challenges. They're addicting as hell already.

My god, the controls are so satisfying in this game. It controls beautifully even on a controller. You get the feel that you have to work for first place, and it's extremely rewarding when you do. If you like PGR, you'll love this game. Also, the sound design is incredible. Someone please tell me Evo is working on a preset for DC for the Gold headset that will release soon!
Yep Rushy confirmed it.

I have the US PSN version of the game but I am still locked out of playing it (Aussie console). Is there any way to unlock it? This is super frustrating

Did you get the PS+ version or the $60 one? If you got the PS+ version you might need to be playing it on the US account rather than your AUS one. If it's not that I don't know.

MavFan619

Banned
So I'm very very bad, but learning. Very real sense of speed which is great I'm almost legit scared when I run into the walls at fast speeds which happens a lot so far. Love the visuals, some areas look better than others same with times of day that's fine when the game shines visually it's pretty damn great. Now back to trying to learn to not be bad at the game.

KalBalboa

Banned
The more I play this the more I'm reminded how good the DS4 is as a controller.

Turn the vibration up to high and enjoy those triggers.

HTupolev

"Proper"
"Correct"

Those words almost seem to imply that the deviations from realistic behaviors aren't a deliberate design choice. DriveClub was intended to be a drifty racer. If you want realistic driving lines, this wonky simcade racer is not for you.

terrier

so after all concerns , it seems the game plays really well , is smooth and has great sense of speed. Not only pretty GFX

Great work Evo, can't wait to play it when i buy my ps4 .

Now keep supporting the game and a bit of Motorstorm news please :)

I was already annoyed by short clips I'd seen, but watching gaz's stream really confirms to me how much I can't stand the fucking tyre screech in every fucking corner that seems to happen from every piece of media I've seen regarding this game.

The sound makes me want to kill myself so my brain will stop hurting.

You need to remember this is not a sim. Going sideways through corners racking up them kudo's is what these games are all about.
I know it isn't, but the tyre screeching every second is killing me. It seems like it kicks in way too early too.

I just want to know that going into a corner at a lower speed so I can power thought the apex of a turn is viable for winning races. I'd be even happier if it meant that I went faster than the people who slide all day. :D

I'm actually willing to bet that it is, but nobody I've seen playing the game seems to do it.

Ive noticed the aliasing long ago. Since some older videos with those "white dots" behind some cars and stuff. Someone explained to me that it was because the pixels on some jeggies were not reflecting light or something like that (can't remember exactly, sorry for the inaccuracy). But I was hoping it to be gone till release aswell... its the main thing that pull the game down graphically saying.

You can't see a 40% difference (sometimes in resolution alone) between consoles, but those small patches of jaggies sure ruin the visuals for you. Lol.

Dinjooh

So a tip for any Danes reading this thread. Elgiganten shipped my copy yesterday and it arrived just now, so i'm getting it a day early - i'm guessing their stores are selling it early aswell.

Everything about this game is what I hoped for. The controls are really good (Still trying to somehow perfect drifting) and the soundtrack is amazing. Don't even get me started on the graphics.

kriskrosbbk

It's amazing so far. I don't have experience with other wheels so I can't compare. It's the closest thing I have ever felt to driving at an arcade. It is perfectly responsive on the basic setting, I don't notice any lag at all either. Just getting used to driving with it now, but I'm having a blast!

Good to hear.Add me kriskrosbbk ;]

Started the game the moment it was available, played until just a minute ago. My first impressions are pretty good. But I encountered some glitiches, like when looking at a car at different times(BMW) 6 AM is completely messed up. I noticed too that the cars don't look stuck to the road, but elevated? It's really weird, especially when it's cloudy and the there are no shadows.

So who do I have to bribe/threaten/persuade/blow to get DLNA streaming background music from my PC?

Just tell me what I need to do.

If I knew who that person was I'd point you in that direction so fast. This is THE game I was hoping they'd get DLNA support in time for, and now it's October 7th and we haven't had an update on that in forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom