• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiiikoo

Banned
Ok, so I finished the 2.7 gb download and it's stopped. So I'm guessing PS+ version on its own, and when Sony take my money between tomorrow & Friday the remaining 14gb will be coming down the pipe.

If you press "Options" on the Driveclub logo, select Details and you should see it is still downloading the full 16gb.

ZeroX03

Banned
“Driveclub is a game that was so distracted by trying to look good for its audience that it forgot to be personable and fun.”

From what I played of it ages ago that seems to be about right. Anyone else play the original demo had a chance to take a swing at the full game and see if it has improved?

Woah, Gamersdye has the Music as a down side?

Everyone seems to be loving the soundtrack! Only heard good things.

Also, overly aggressive AI? Come on man. Atleast this game has AI! lol.

Id much rather have aggressive and challenging AI compared to the cakewalk that is Forza / GT

What a surprise.

On s'attendait à mieux. D'autant qu'en face un certain Forza Horizon 2 (la comparaison est inévitable) fait bien mieux... tout en proposant un monde ouvert sans barrières, là où DriveClub propose pour sa part une série de circuits tout ce qu'il y a de plus fermés, qui vous laissent à peine mordre le bas-côté avant de percuter une rambarde ou un mur invisible.

google translate said:
We expected better. Especially in face some Forza Horizon 2 (the comparison is inevitable ) is much better ... while offering an open world without barriers where DriveClub offers to share a series of circuits all that has also closed , leaving you just bite the aisle before striking a guardrail or an invisible wall .

non-open world corridor racer!!!

Cheech

OK. Shame about the reviews. Looks like I'll be getting Forza Horizon 2. Guess I was hoping for a lot more from a game that spent an additional 10 months in development!

Really liked the Motorstorm games too. Perplexing why they didn't make a next gen one of those instead.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Preorder cancelled. Preload cancelled. Everything cancelled including the good weather.

Nah, it'll be fine :)

krioto

Hahaha.. I knew it. 5/10 to 7/10 across the board, with the odd 8/10 and maybe even a 9/10 from a dedicated PS site.

I hope it sells well regardless, my first impressions were very positive.
Given the rep of this reviewer, this one is not surprising, very dedicated ms fan boy

oh-boy.gif

Foshy

From what I played of it ages ago that seems to be about right. Anyone else play the original demo had a chance to take a swing at the full game and see if it has improved?

I played the pre-release alpha version one year ago and the full game last sunday and I feel it has improved quite a lot.

Honestly, I'm not sure what all this "no soul" talk is about.

Yawning at the wheel.

From Gamespot. Holy shit. Have I been playing a different game?

Edit:

Bland atmosphere, bland presentation, bland everything
Stubborn AI and weird handling lead to frustration

Jesus Christ, that makes absolutely no sense. AI is one of the best in a racer... and weird handling? Seriously, not one person who played the game complained about it. The driving model is incredible.

Good thing I don't buy my games based on reviews.

Woah, Gamersdye has the Music as a down side?

Everyone seems to be loving the soundtrack! Only heard good things.

Also, overly aggressive AI? Come on man. Atleast this game has AI! lol.

Id much rather have aggressive and challenging AI compared to the cakewalk that is Forza / GT

Music is a very personal thing, I just listened to the soundtrack and would have to agree that it's definitely not very good.

Well the Devs said they expect the reviews to not be good. But this is going to be like GT5 where a major update happens and the reviews when it first came out do not work.

That's not a good excuse for anything. The game should be a quality product at release.

Kssio_Aug

I was expecting many 7s and 8s, but 5s and 6s surprised me already. I guess I wasnt wrong yesterday though (about FH2 comparisons).

I seriously dont understand how the hell journalists can make a comparison to FH2 when the games are going for two completely differeny things each good in what they do. As if theres never been a closed circuit arcade style racer before lol

Well the Devs said they expect the reviews to not be good. But this is going to be like GT5 where a major update happens and the reviews when it first came out do not work.

Doesn't bother me I'm itching for a racing game even though I'm crap at them. And I'm putting my money down to support a UK Dev team that are honest, and passionate at what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom