• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

snacknuts

we all knew her
This game is about as close as I'm going to get to having PGR on PS4, yes? Considering trading in Destiny (zzz...) tonight to pick this up.

baconcow

Oh yeah i forgot about those well know sites.....why dont you add the local newspaper reviews while your at it

Dispute their credibility all you want, but they are on Metacritic. The three sites have a combined 7,039 reviews listed on Metacritic.

Since I got the game, I have not been able for the past 2 days input the code that came with my special edition. Can anyone get in touch with rushy for me?

Bare-bones game structure. You're dropped into a race immediately on launching the game for the first time with no introduction, voiceover, or setup of any kind. It's a little disconcerting but it gets across an important point: DriveClub is about racing, period. There really isn't much to do but dive headlong into one event after another. If you like the challenge that represents I suspect there's a lot of fun to be had here, but if you're looking for a story? Some motivation to drive? More tweaking than a paint job? Forget about it.

I really liked that. I hated it in NFS when they'd pause the race to explain stuff to you and have all these notifications and cut scenes. The forced story was annoying. I haven't played Horizon 2 and I'm sure it's a great game but I watched the demo and the person talking got on my nerves.

I'm so glad they didn't have some random voice guiding me in the right direction. The UI is simple enough for me to navigate and find out how to do things on my own.

SolidJum5

Neo Member
Oh yeah i forgot about those well know sites.....why dont you add the local newspaper reviews while your at it

Guess ill wait for bloodborne to decide weather the PS4 is worth getting or not

Then cite the local newspapers that's on metacritic. Go ahead, I'll wait.

onanie

I thought this game was a dating sim. I was looking for some romancing.

Anyways, where's the DJs, hot chicks and gangstas? I also don't see no AK47s and rocket launchers. Where's the personality, yo?

No the game does not need to have none of that sorry.

A voiceover to me is more annoying and distracts me more than add personality.
Oh man, thats great to hear, something I always get so annoyed by are stupid VOs (like in NFS, Burnout, DiRT, Horizon etc) especially when they're not skipable!

Another thing that PGR(4 at least) did great. No stupid douche/ seductively talking lady telling me about all the "amazing features" in the game, just quick videos and short messages telling me all I need to know.

bombshell

Well i dont mean a bad game, just not a great game like the hype was suggesting?, the best review has been GT with 8.6 majority of the rest seem to be 6's and 7's.

I was going to get a PS4 for this but its doesnt look anything special and average as racing games go. I mean i couldn't stand any of the GT games after 4 as they all became bland with boring AI and for all account this seems to be in the same framework

Damn this year is a right shitter for hyped game what with, WatchDogs, Destiny and now this

Metacritic right now:

90+ 3 reviews.
80-89 15 reviews.
70-79 13 reviews.
-70 7 reviews.

How is that "majority of the rest seem to be 6's and 7's"? When looking at the scores I would say the majority are 7's and 8's.

Loudninja

Oh man, thats great to hear, something I always get so annoyed by are stupid VOs (like in NFS, Burnout, DiRT, Horizon etc) especially when they're not skipable!

Another thing that PGR(4 at least) did great. No stupid douche/ seductively talking lady telling me about all the "amazing features" in the game, just quick videos and short messages telling me all I need to know.
I just stating my opinion on the matter I will play the ps plus version today.

So... you're not getting the game, you don't trust reviewers, but the reviewers indicate the game is medicore... but they really don't, but you'll wait it out for Project Cars..?

Did I get all of that right?

skynidas

Banned
You should probably eat a dick!

ibzEsocRwSzMRi.gif

Proxy

True, to be fair i take review scores with a grain of salt now a days anyways, unless something gets a stupidly low score

But i think ill hold out for Project Cars

You take review scores with a grain of salt yet give credence to these review scores? Just what exactly is your criteria for "stupidly low" scores?

You should probably eat a dick!

Someone's a bit testy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom