• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilkBeard

How do you change the display size for Driveclub? For some reason it doesn't fill the whole screen (black bars) and there's no setting to adjust it. Is this how the game is supposed to be?

Hoje0308

Banned
It's really too bad there wasn't advance notice of this game release so Sony could have prepared themselves. Perhaps a beta would have helped with these server issues.
Or maybe use that money we give you to upgrade your shitty network.

Iacobellis

Found a way to get a free month of Music Unlimited through the Android App, so I'm building a custom song list for racing. Here's what I've got thus far, looking for suggestions!

• I Would Die 4 U - Prince
  • As Good As It Gets - Grand Theft Audio
  • No Way Back - Foo Fighters
  • Faster - Third Eye Blind
  • She Sells Sanctuary - The Cult
  • Rescue - Ever 6
  • 99 Red Balloons - Goldfinger
  • Runnin' Down A Dream - Tom Petty
  • Panama - Van Halen
  • Sabotage - Beastie Boys
  • A Real Hero - College
  • Nightcall - Kavinsky & Lovefoxxx
  • Destiny - Syntax
  • Crimwave - Health
  • High Pressure Dave - Health
  • High Lonesome - The Gaslight Anthem

You're missing My Favourite Game by The Cardigans.

naeS

Found a way to get a free month of Music Unlimited through the Android App, so I'm building a custom song list for racing. Here's what I've got thus far, looking for suggestions!

• Rescue - Ever 6
  • Panama - Van Halen
  • A Real Hero - College
  • Destiny - Syntax
  • Crimwave - Health

Funny, first thing I thought of was Gran Turismo. And you already have 99 Red Balloons and Panama lol

Nokterian

• Rescue - Ever 6
  • Panama - Van Halen
  • A Real Hero - College
  • Destiny - Syntax
  • Crimwave - Health

Wait when you have Music Unlimited you can play it when playing driveclub? How does this work?

Uggghhhhhhh!!!

I get paid next week and I'm trying to decided if I should get Driveclub, LBP3, or GTAV next month.

I think I'll end up with all 3 by Christmas. I'll just play the PS+ version and decide if I should upgrade next week. Despite the mediocre reviews I think Driveclub looks like a lot of fun!

• Rescue - Ever 6
  • Panama - Van Halen
  • A Real Hero - College
  • Destiny - Syntax
  • Crimwave - Health

The Distance -- Cake.

KalBalboa

Banned
You can use Music Unlimited while playing any game, as far as I know. The app runs in the background while your music plays.

Disclaimer: might be talking out of my ass

You're correct. It's $4.99/mo for the normal sub, but I found a way to get a free month of the $10 service through the android app just now.

What's weird is I once paid for a $4.99 month when PS4 hit and then canceled, so this offer seems to work for anyone and not just first-timers.

Krakn3Dfx

Where is the ps plus free version etf

etf indeed.

tumblr_lsixbwNwrT1qdnwiro1_500.gif

GodofWine

I had this game pre ordered and pre downloaded. And was greatly looking forward to it.

But from the couple hours I played, 7/10 is about the right score.

Why does driving at 100kph in a hatchback feel like 300kph. How ridiculous is this game going to be in an actual super car. It's gonna be like wipeout

I must be the only person who thought wipeout had no sense of speed...

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
Not sure why people keep saying this.

Infamous: Second Son, MLB 14, TLOU: Remastered, and Littlebigplanet 3 all say hi.

I mean the Xmas run up. Little big planet is a ps3 game really. Quickly shoe horned to try increase the releases for the ps4. That's what I think tho I could be wrong

low-G

So far I'm quite enjoying it. But I have to get some work done so break time.

Graphics look fantastic, but hey those few videos that looked too good to be true were. So yeah not trusting Rushy implictly anymore.

Still, probably the best looking game anywhere by some margin. I love when the sun reflects off bodies of water at sunset, and the glare of the sun reminds me of my morning drive. So hard to see!

Unusual for me in a racing game I'm actually switching around, using almost every camera view. Usually I stick with just one in a racing game. Here I'm even using the bumper cam sometimes, which I really rarely do in racing games these days...

Control feels like Forza with more grip (at least in the first few sets of cars). The AI cars are too easy IMO, and many of the challenges are super easy. (not too far in yet) It's fun.

I want the online features to start working... Also I'm gonna need some GAF'ers with DriveClub to friend me. I'm JigenD on PSN.

Korten

Banned
I mean the Xmas run up. Little big planet is a ps3 game really. Quickly shoe horned to try increase the releases for the ps4. It's not made by the main team. I havnt really

So because LBP is not made by the main team it shouldn't be considered..? Considering it's making the biggest changes in the series, it should be taken seriously.

Is the Ps+ edition up yet? I downloaded Spelunky and Dust already but not seeing DriveClub come up yet. I see the paid version but no free download option anywhere

Any impressions on how this plays with Remote Play? I'm assuming controls take a hit somewhat, but is it playable?

Wife has a lineup of stuff I don't want to watch so RP will be my only option.

So because LBP is not made by the main team it shouldn't be considered..? Considering it's making the biggest changes in the series, it should be taken seriously.

Not to mention that arguably the best LBP (LBP vita) wasn't made by media molecule either. But apparently any game also releasing on ps3 was just rushed onto ps4 in a desperation move

Wynnebeck

Banned
Ok so just got through the hot hatches and here's some impressions from me:

- Graphics: The game is both stunning and a tad disappointing. There's quite a bit of aliasing that is noticeable in certain lighting conditions. However, the lighting and environments are so ridiculously good looking that you hardly notice it at all. This is without a doubt, the best looking racing game I've ever played and I haven't even gotten to Norway yet. There was a point where I was literally driving almost blind because the light from a sunset was right in my face as I was coming across a straightaway into a turn and I legit got scared I was going to take it wrong. Amazing.

- Gameplay: Very good. The cars themselves handle like a cross between Gran Turismo and Need for Speed. Just enough arcade with realism to make driving and taking turns that much more fun. The challenges and points you get for clean driving encourages you to not just ram everyone out of the way as it rarely ends up well for you. Hit a wall or take a turn too wide and the AI will punish you for it.

- Presentation: Very minimal and not in a bad way. The menus are clean, everything is accessible (besides the servers melting atm) and it's very easy to get in and go. Granted, I miss the voice of an announcer or someone to talk to me, but I can make do.

I can easily give the game a 8/10 right now and call it god, but I'll wait until I play some more to get a better judgement.

Cade

• Rescue - Ever 6
  • Panama - Van Halen
  • A Real Hero - College
  • Destiny - Syntax
  • Crimwave - Health

EDIT: Added these:

• The Distance - Cake
  • My Favorite Game - The Cardigans
You get points for putting TGA on there. Great driving music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom