• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I made a US account, added a card, signed up for the 14 day PS+ trial and now I'm patiently awaiting DC PS+ Edition to be added.

Just adding the US account to my console now... if I set it as the Primary Console for that user can I hop back to my UK account and play on there?

I somehow get the feeling that cpu cars accelerate faster, have a higher max velocity and more mass in collisions, but maybe I'm just mistaken.

EDIT: Some minor thing, the loading screen may be short, but what good is it if I cannot skip the scenery right at the beginning?

It's probably just a way to mask more loading time. I'd rather have that than more load screen. It's pretty quick from that point anyways.

darkwing

So I made a US account, added a card, signed up for the 14 day PS+ trial and now I'm patiently awaiting DC PS+ Edition to be added.

Just adding the US account to my console now... if I set it as the Primary Console for that user can I hop back to my UK account and play on there?

yes

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'm saying they have too large a role in what games are greenlit. Because Metacritic is too influential. And yes, its a conflict of interest if advertising dollars influence how much focus or attention a game receives. Its an inherently flawed system.

And by the way, the only reason why some of these review scores bother me is because publishers are going to look at the metacritic average and determine that people don't want traditional racing games. And as a result even fewer will be made. And there aren't a hell of a lot of them being made now. So as a fan of the genre, in fact its my absolute favorite kind of game, yes - it bothers me that I'll potentially be deprived of them.
Well, I still blame the concept of Metacritic more than the actual writers for the sad state we're in. Publishers are worse than game fans when it comes to putting importance on a number. But I don't like to throw the babies out with the bathwater, you know?

But enough of that talk, now I wait for my extended demo to arrive.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Dude, take it out on the track! Seriously, reacting to reactions is a losing battle.

Honestly, It's just the the whole "I trust reviewers more than other gamers/forum members" thing that bothers me.

And why? Because it used to be the other way around.

Out of the millions of consumers who purchase a product what fraction actually reads reviews in their entirety to base their opinions on it, versus how many just skim the conclusion and look at the numerical value?

If you purchase a game simply because you trust the developer to do well, and you believe what they've shown so far is honest to goodness, you're bound to enjoy it more despite whatever petty complaints get leveled against it in some review.

What was the first thing I did when I got the game? I ranted on the jaggies.

Petty shit. After an hour with the game I was in love.

We need stricter rules from publications. Format wars are constantly spilling into supposedly objective reviews that ultimately hurt gamers because good developers get shut down.

It's annoying how unprofessional these reviews seem when they're laced with console controversy and pissing matches between brands. They reek of it. Those IGN, Gamespot and Eurogamer reviews were awful. Its not fair to developers to have their works judged by these asshats.

After all is said and done all we do is complain that we get the same standardized shit each year, everyone is a clone of everyone, because we asked for it.

--R

Banned
I'm so jealous of some of you, guys. I have to wait until tomorrow and I can't keep the hype at decent levels. Help.

moush

Neo Member
It's hard to trust gamers too Rapier, unless you've known them for a long time of course (which isn't much different than listening to reviewers).

Many people will side against a game due to the company (CoD games, EA, BioWare, etc) instead of looking at the game objectively.

Pop

It's hard to trust gamers too Rapier, unless you've known them for a long time of course (which isn't much different than listening to reviewers).

Many people will side against a game due to the company (CoD games, EA, BioWare, etc) instead of looking at the game objectively.

I trust what I see. It's simple.

Gestault

Am I missing something? Can't find the plus version.

Aaaany time now. A-nee...time...

I'm stuck at work, atm, so I'm just going through the motions of being impatient, but I don't know why it wasn't up at 3 pm EST with the rest of the store updates. Also, Dust is free w/ PS+ AND Vib Ribbon for $5 in the same day? Pinch me.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I'm just hoping this is the game that brings me closest to a super car race in the mountains like they do on Top Gear. I always loved those segments where they each pick a car and drive these insane winding roads.

topgearastonmartinv8van.1763.jpg

Seventy70

Hopefully the servers get fixed soon and the plus version releases. I have a feeling that wont be any time soon. If it is, the download speeds will probably be shit due to the load.

I'm just hoping this is the game that brings me closest to a super car race in the mountains like they do on Top Gear. I always loved those segments where they each pick a car and drive these insane winding roads.

topgearastonmartinv8van.1763.jpg

There's nothing quite like that, roads are longer, sweeping with good variations in altitude but there are a few Norway and Chile tracks that get close.

I'd like something similar to Sega Rally's expert Mountain Track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfZ4jvpHhZY

love that course

KalBalboa

Banned
Found a way to get a free month of Music Unlimited through the Android App, so I'm building a custom song list for racing. Here's what I've got thus far, looking for suggestions!

• I Would Die 4 U - Prince
  • As Good As It Gets - Grand Theft Audio
  • No Way Back - Foo Fighters
  • Faster - Third Eye Blind
  • She Sells Sanctuary - The Cult
  • Rescue - Ever 6
  • 99 Red Balloons - Goldfinger
  • Runnin' Down A Dream - Tom Petty
  • Panama - Van Halen
  • Sabotage - Beastie Boys
  • A Real Hero - College
  • Nightcall - Kavinsky & Lovefoxxx
  • Destiny - Syntax
  • Crimwave - Health
  • High Pressure Dave - Health
  • High Lonesome - The Gaslight Anthem

EDIT: Added these:

• The Distance - Cake
  • My Favorite Game - The Cardigans
  • Killing In The Name - Rage Against the Machine
  • I Can't Drive 55 - Sammy Hagar
  • B-Complex - Beautiful Lies
  • Metric - Monster Hospital (MSTRKRFT Remix)
  • Go With The Flow - Queens of the Stone Age
  • Million Miles Away - The Offpsring
  • Raise the Flag - Airbourne

I had this game pre ordered and pre downloaded. And was greatly looking forward to it.

But from the couple hours I played, 7/10 is about the right score.

Hopfully it will improve over time and with a couple patches.

Honestly, my initial Impression were: Wait is there something wrong with my display settings? Why does it look so washed out. So blurry. Why are textures popping in? Did this not fully download yet? Why does driving at 100kph in a hatchback feel like 300kph. How ridiculous is this game going to be in an actual super car. It's gonna be like wipeout. Why do these tracks have so few corners!? Please tell me there is a way to get rid of this jaggy reflection in the wind shield! No, there isn't. Well thats too bad. Never using that mode again. Can I turn off these heavy driving assists from the menus? Nope. Why is there a janky pause or stutter just when crossing the finish line? Wait there is no race replay mode??

The sense of speed in DC is how it should be IMO.
Most other racing games having driving at high speeds looking tame .
Your going at 150mph in other games and it looks and feels like your going at 50mph.

Why should this even matter?

Honestly what a piss off that review thread is. Everyone is using scores as cannon fodder for console wars bullshit and this game's merits are being overlooked.

I fucking hate the gaming community sometimes.

Only because all to often:
Review % = Profits

Gskyace

Found a way to get a free month of Music Unlimited through the Android App, so I'm building a custom song list for racing. Here's what I've got thus far, looking for suggestions!

• I Would Die 4 U - Prince
  • As Good As It Gets - Grand Theft Audio
  • No Way Back - Foo Fighters
  • Faster - Third Eye Blind
  • She Sells Sanctuary - The Cult
  • Rescue - Ever 6
  • 99 Red Balloons - Goldfinger
  • Runnin' Down A Dream - tom Petty
  • Panama - Van Halen
  • Sabotage - Beastie Boys
  • A Real Hero - College
  • Nightcall - Kavinsky & Lovefoxxx
  • Destiny - Syntax
  • Crimwave - Health
  • High Pressure Dave - Health
  • High Lonesome - The Gaslight Anthem

[*]White Knuckle Ride - Jamiroquai

And some extra R4 music would be great.

Remf

Ok, I'm leaving work to dive into this bad boy... Hit me up when the servers go back up (already signed up for the driveclub-gaf list). PSN name is the same as my gaf handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom