• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverKwai

Found a way to get a free month of Music Unlimited through the Android App, so I'm building a custom song list for racing. Here's what I've got thus far, looking for suggestions!

• I Would Die 4 U - Prince
  • As Good As It Gets - Grand Theft Audio
  • No Way Back - Foo Fighters
  • Faster - Third Eye Blind
  • She Sells Sanctuary - The Cult
  • Rescue - Ever 6
  • 99 Red Balloons - Goldfinger
  • Runnin' Down A Dream - Tom Petty
  • Panama - Van Halen
  • Sabotage - Beastie Boys
  • A Real Hero - College
  • Nightcall - Kavinsky & Lovefoxxx
  • Destiny - Syntax
  • Crimwave - Health
  • High Pressure Dave - Health
  • High Lonesome - The Gaslight Anthem

EDIT: Added these:

• The Distance - Cake
  • My Favorite Game - The Cardigans

Black Sunshine - White Zombie
Killing In The Name - Rage Against The Machine
Highway Star - Deep Purple
Black Betty - Ram Jam
Ace of Spades - Motorhead

All make me want to go fast.

i hope Evolution studios didnt pay any actual money for the DC soundtrack because
- off by default
- menu music almost inaudible
- after changing sfx to 50% and music to 100% hardly heard anything
- no notification of track name
- no skipping or selecting a music track

Yeah all that stuff about cool engine sounds is nice but if the music programmer at the studio did this poor a job then you would want to be talking up the sound fx..

KalBalboa

Banned
Black Sunshine - White Zombie
Killing In The Name - Rage Against The Machine
Highway Star - Deep Purple
Black Betty - Ram Jam
Ace of Spades - Motorhead

All make me want to go fast.

Adding a few of these. Should've remembered Killing In The Name.

You get points for putting TGA on there. Great driving music.

Absolutely. Pretty much modern Springsteen/Tom Petty with enough punk to speed it up for driving.

nib95

Banned
Still can't get over the environments (apologies for crappy twitter quality, just seeing what people are sharing with the #ps4share tag)

BzU8xbhCQAE8U6q.jpg:large

BzWhdkRIYAALUAV.jpg:large

BzXsVCBCEAABU-c.jpg:large

BzXD_iLIcAAd6v_.jpg:large

This one is bonkers.

BzWhdkRIYAALUAV.jpg:orig

TheMan

Found a way to get a free month of Music Unlimited through the Android App, so I'm building a custom song list for racing. Here's what I've got thus far, looking for suggestions!

• I Would Die 4 U - Prince
  • As Good As It Gets - Grand Theft Audio
  • No Way Back - Foo Fighters
  • Faster - Third Eye Blind
  • She Sells Sanctuary - The Cult
  • Rescue - Ever 6
  • 99 Red Balloons - Goldfinger
  • Runnin' Down A Dream - Tom Petty
  • Panama - Van Halen
  • Sabotage - Beastie Boys
  • A Real Hero - College
  • Nightcall - Kavinsky & Lovefoxxx
  • Destiny - Syntax
  • Crimwave - Health
  • High Pressure Dave - Health
  • High Lonesome - The Gaslight Anthem

EDIT: Added these:

• The Distance - Cake
  • My Favorite Game - The Cardigans

gotta add sammy hagar's I Can't Drive 55

aro52

i hope Evolution studios didnt pay any actual money for the DC soundtrack because
- off by default
- menu music almost inaudible
- after changing sfx to 50% and music to 100% hardly heard anything
- no notification of track name
- no skipping or selecting a music track

Yeah all that stuff about cool engine sounds is nice but if the music programmer at the studio did this poor a job then you would want to be talking up the sound fx..

Turning on "Race Music" was the first thing I did when starting it up. Pretty strange move on their part. Usually it'd be something where they put it on by default, and if people don't like it, they can turn it off. Most people won't go LOOKING for a soundtrack.

drotahorror

Watched the Giant Bomb quick look and man... I'm so not excited for this game all of the sudden.

Glad I bought it before I watched it. Jeff is such a downer lately. I don't think he likes videogames any more.

Also, I'm still pretty annoyed that servers aren't up yet. Like, it's almost ironic that there's no online features for this game.

MJLord

Turning on "Race Music" was the first thing I did when starting it up. Pretty strange move on their part. Usually it'd be something where they put it on by default, and if people don't like it, they can turn it off. Most people won't go LOOKING for a soundtrack.

Why don't you want to listen to the cars though ;_; I don't get people sometimes...

MavFan619

Banned
Glad I bought it before I watched it. Jeff is such a downer lately. I don't think he likes videogames any more.

Also, I'm still pretty annoyed that servers aren't up yet. Like, it's almost ironic that there's no online features for this game.
Yeah it's frustrating I want to start building up my club for the unlocks and I liked seeing challenges from my friendslist when that was operational for 20mins this morning.

YES! PlayStation Ethos represent.

For all the talk about how much they keep doing montages, the one they did at the reveal of PS4 was incredible, without even looking at the video on youtube I still remember it as clear as day, aside from dat Cerny. Looking back, that whole reveal was greatness.

Korten

Banned
Not to mention that arguably the best LBP (LBP vita) wasn't made by media molecule either. But apparently any game also releasing on ps3 was just rushed onto ps4 in a desperation move

Yeah. Though I fully expect LBP3 to be the best in the series, and still get 6's and 7's... Seems to be the trend now with most Playstation exclusives.

Iacobellis

For all the talk about how much they keep doing montages, the one they did at the reveal of PS4 was incredible, without even looking at the video on youtube I still remember it as clear as day, aside from dat Cerny. Looking back, that whole reveal was greatness.

Definitely. That and then the PS1 bootup when House walked on stage just sends chills.

MavFan619

Banned
I'll download the PS+ version tomorrow (EU) and give it a couple of hours. It's not like i've got anything else to play ;)
I envy your position of having nothing to play between DC, Mordor which I'm picking up this week and The Evil Within, next week I am building up the backlog again.

This game is kinda odd so far. During the day the sharpness looks turned up to eleven, dawn and dusk look great but I cant see shit, night looks best but you lose the environment detail. And man I thought fifty cars was a good enough number but everything is behind a level wall. Even some behind the club wall. The handling is fine but breaking feels odd. And the AI feels like Drivatars all over again but I lose points and potentially position when they hit me.

PSN store updated, but where is the free version

Also, what is the feeling/consensus here about the A.I being aggressive, in that they try to throw you off course?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom