• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there's Forza Motorsport for that. Horizon is just a casual take on it.

Yeah I surprisingly enjoyed Forza 5 more than Horizon 2, partly because you can race in the old F1 cars which are simply the best racing experience to date.

I am pleased to see how arcade like DC is though as it seems to be a nice balance now between the two Forzas.

- I can't even pick a different colour for my car. I don't need to "customize" it, just let me pick another colour. Isn't that a feature from 20 years ago?

This took me a while to figure out as well. If you go to your garage you can edit the custom paint designs and choose your own colour.

My biggest problem is the inconsistencies in the penalties. I'd cut a corner with no problem and the. Get penalized the next lap for doing the exact same thing. Doesn't make any sense. Also I'm typically a bumper car racer (Burnout was what got me into racers and I never grew out of it) so actually having to adjust the way I race is something that the game is doing well with vehicle collisions penalties and such. When I tried racing something other than a hatchback though I got my shit wrecked lol

Overall, from what I've played, hasn't blown me away like Forza Horizon 2, but just as good as FM5.

viveks86

Holy shit! Those PS Blog comments! o_O

gif_crowd320.gif

Seventy70

I think he's just using the wrong terminology, and doesn't drive in real life.

With the dynamic lighting, you get sections were the sun is low, or its approaching dusk, where its hard to see the road ahead. (You know, just like real life!). This is exacerbated by the various internal views. It can be a pain, and if you don't know the track layout, there are sections when you're effectively going into blind corners

It has nothing to do with 'blurry' or AA or anything else, just accurate modelling of sunlight and how it can have a profound impact on your visibility.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was a genuine comment. Unfortunately, criticize the game even just a little bit you get a bunch of hostile responses. That is not the way to build a friendly community. If you think someone is coming in here to troll, just ignore them otherwise you are just driving people who are interested, but have a genuine complaint out of the thread.

Gestault

This took me a while to figure out as well. If you go to your garage you can edit the custom paint designs and choose your own colour.

It's so weird that it's set up this way. And each color will take up a design "slot," but at least the option is there as a workaround. I feel like that could be a pretty easy patch though.

Never played with a game with rewind and never cared about it. I always learned the tracks. Practice makes perfect. People have become lazy in racing games these days.

So because you've never used it people aren't allowed to be disappointed it's missing? It has zero to do with track layout or practice. Random shit happens that can be completely out of the drivers control. It's just an option that's in more and more racing games because people like the option.

BREAKING

Just posted by Rushy

https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/519621013441478657

https://www.facebook.com/driveclubo...41825.423631211054578/706963486054681/?type=1

Driveclub
#DRIVECLUB is available from today in America and the global servers are live for online play!

We are aware however that many players are receiving an error message indicating 'there is a fault with your internet connection' and we are investigating what appears to be a wider server issue behind this problem.

It's not affecting everybody and the game will keep trying to connect to the server automatically, so you don't need to do anything with the game (like re-install or restart over and over) to establish connectivity.

Please let us know your experience with the game so far if you're already playing - and please tag friends if they're having the same problem so that they know we are working on it.

We will update you as soon as we know more about this.

Yeah I surprisingly enjoyed Forza 5 more than Horizon 2, partly because you can race in the old F1 cars which are simply the best racing experience to date.

I am pleased to see how arcade like DC is though as it seems to be a nice balance now between the two Forzas.

I'm not that surprised. FM is more my kind of game too, had I owned a PS4 DC may have kept me going until PCARS if not the next GT.

Hoje0308

Banned
If you cant see that some tracks have a softer blured look compared to other tracks that are obviously crisper then you probably blind.

Oh, so now they're only softer. You originally said that the tracks were so blurry you had to use the track map to see where you're going. Which is it? I know what would clear this up: a screenshot. Go ahead, provide proof that you have the slightest clue what you're taking about.

Afrikan

I know some of the naysayers might laugh when someone says something like this

"Amazing graphics. They are so good they are distracting"

but I have literally lost position or veered off road, because the environment looks so good that I want to see the view from the side... like say driving across a bridge.

Loudninja

#DRIVECLUB is available from today in America and the global servers are live for online play!

We are aware however that many players are receiving an error message indicating 'there is a fault with your internet connection' and we are investigating what appears to be a wider server issue behind this problem.

It's not affecting everybody and the game will keep trying to connect to the server automatically, so you don't need to do anything with the game (like re-install or restart over and over) to establish connectivity.

Please let us know your experience with the game so far if you're already playing - and please tag friends if they're having the same problem so that they know we are working on it.

We will update you as soon as we know more about this.
https://www.facebook.com/driveclubo...41825.423631211054578/706963486054681/?type=1

Nafai1123

Banned
My positives/negatives/thoughts:

+ Nice graphics. Not mind blowing, but I'm satisfied.
+ It just feels so right. It's not a sim, but I don't want a sim.
+ Load times are incredible. Need to restart after you mess up? Not a problem. Boom. Done.
+ Lots of camera choices. Sometimes I like to play in behind the car view, other times large cockpit view.
+ The A.I. so far is challenging me just enough.

- No replays? WTF?
- I can't even pick a different colour for my car. I don't need to "customize" it, just let me pick another colour. Isn't that a feature from 20 years ago?

(thoughts) The lighting is sometimes so blinding that I can't see a fucking thing. Not ideal at 200+ KPH. But that's (graphics) realism for ya.

(nitpick) Volume is way too low.

You can change just the color. I kinda stumbled upon it but if you go to the garage you can choose no pattern and pick from a wide variety of colors.

DJ88

A lot of TVs are at equilibrium when sharpness is at 50. Depends on the TV.

My TV blurs as you go below 50. It has a ridiculous 2-sample vertical blur filter that actually causes obvious double images if you crank it all the way down to 0 due to sample separation.

Eww that sounds awful. Why would anyone ever want to intentionally make an image blurrier?

Can't view the blog at work, are they that bad??

Full blown conspiracy theories. Like this:

Ummm fellow Playstation fans concerned about missing PS+ Driveclub????

If you’ve noticed, 300+ comments into the PS Store update blog post and NOT ONE comment from Sony (very not like them).

Sony’s not going to “update” us on the presetnly missing PS+ Driveclub because they don’t want to lie.

They’ll probably update the store later tonight (or tomorrow) with the PS+ Driveclub and apologize for “technical errors”, but the reality is they’re simply delaying the “free” version, most likely due to poor Driveclub reviews, as they want to increase ANY odds of quick impulse purchases from those who simply cannot wait and have to play it NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom