• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saberus

It stands out more in the actual game. The youtube videos hide the aliasing more because it is downsampled and compressed.

At native res the aliasing and the bad texture filtering really stand out.

Have the game at home, but no chance to check out the tracks yet, but even if YouTube hides a lot of the aliasing, the gamesyde videos are mind blowing, and well beyond YouTube.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
So the PS Plus trial is up on EU but not on US? Sony keeps doing the things wrong with this game, amazing.

In a months time all this will be forgotten. You'll have more cars, more tracks, rain, snow, thunder and lightening, a thriving online community and more challenges to complete.

Viruz

So the game's out in EU now - where's our EU DC at? Are you guys too busy playing to post in here? ;)
Check above.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm playing DriveClub the same as Gran Turismo. Gold or nothing, if I don't get gold, I'm not trying the newxt stage.

So....any word on the iOS app?

Considering the online didn't work last night, and no App at launch for iOS at least....kinda lame seeing as the game has already been delayed a year. Wish the launch went smoother.

Either way I am dying to get off work and get back into the game.

Have the game at home, but no chance to check out the tracks yet, but even if YouTube hides a lot of the aliasing, the gamesyde videos are mind blowing, and well beyond YouTube.

He's exaggerating. The game has aliasing, but its not bad at all. Its more noticeable when standing still and on the back of certain cars and not very in motion at all.

viveks86

He's exaggerating. The game has aliasing, but its not bad at all. Its more noticeable when standing still and on the back of certain cars and not very in motion at all.

One more reason to play cockpit view. Seriously, after experiencing that, no other mode can compare

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Game seems alright enough. It's a solid racer. I obviously haven't seen the full potential though since it can't connect to the servers. From what I understand DriveClub is supposed to be the 'social racer' so I feel like I'm missing a fairly large part of the appeal. Guess I'll shelve it and wait for the issues to be sorted out.

In a months time all this will be forgotten. You'll have more cars, more tracks, rain, snow, thunder and lightening, a thriving online community and more challenges to complete.

That's terrible, you don't need to forget this kind of things. NEVER. They screwed up, people needs to let them know so they finally fix their shit with the store and the way they handle things.

Hawk269

So for those that have both an Xbone and PS4 like me, and had to choose between this and FH2; which do you think is the better value as of right now?

They are both pretty different to really say which one to go with. Both have great visuals, both play great, but FH2 is open and has a lot of things to do in it, from just driving around on your own doing what you want to do, finding the barns or the signs to gain more XP or doing races against the AI or on-line. It is more of a relaxed game, while DC is more of a circuit, point to point racing games with not a lot of extra stuff in it. There is no tuning or stuff like that to do, so it lends itself more to an arcade type of racing game, with some sim thrown in.

Personally, I would say get both if your are a racing fan and since they are very different you can jump between them. If you can only get one, I would say the amount of content and things to do would lean itself more to FH2. But it in end, you just have to decide if you want more of a circuit based racing game or a go anywhere game.

Both games from users perspective seem to be very positive, so whatever you choose, you should have a good time.

barit

One more reason to play cockpit view. Seriously, after experiencing that, no other mode can compare

Have to disagree. The bottom cam (if you call it so?) is super cool too. Nothing in your view just the street and the landscape ahead.

Oh and btw get rid of that HUD for massive immersion @all

h3ro

Anyone that get the digital version still having "Buy $49.99" still being listed under game options (Start, Like) on the PS4 OS menu?

My other digital purchases don't have this issue. They no longer display the "Buy" option.

Not a big deal, annoying none the less.

So I just got home and I went on my ps4 to download the free stuff... wheres the driveclub demo? I dont even see it on the blog post of the store update, was it not supposed to comeout the same day as the game?

Shrewder

Neo Member
Game seems alright enough. It's a solid racer. I obviously haven't seen the full potential though since it can't connect to the servers. From what I understand DriveClub is supposed to be the 'social racer' so I feel like I'm missing a fairly large part of the appeal. Guess I'll shelve it and wait for the issues to be sorted out.

Whew! I was wondering if it was just me who was having issues with connecting to the social hub.

viveks86

Have to disagree. The bottom cam (if you call it so?) is super cool too. Nothing in your view just the street and the landscape ahead.

Oh and btw get rid of that HUD for massive immersion.

I can't handle the sound in that mode. I need the sound deadening. Feels like I'm strapped to the front of the car in bumper and hood cam :D

Just preference, I know. I'm sure a lot of people dig the screaming engines and gushing winds

After the giant bomb quick look and these meh reviews I think i'm out until a $30 or so price drop.

The concerns about the grippy, understeer heavy controls worry me the most.

Maybe they'll patch in better controls but man, after a year delay this game sounds like a mess.

I'll still play the PS+ demo but not expecting great things. Back to destiny!

First impressions. The menus/music are uber tight and responsive. The car physics are accessible, which I was hoping for considering my G27 is not supported. I'm a big Sim racing fan, but I really like how things feel via the DS4. It does not take long to get confident. 1st India tracks graphics were underwhelming... Next I did the Chile mountaintop circuit which looked phenomenal.

Time to dive back in...

Seriously, the music is awesome. Just sit on a menu for 10 minutes and listen.

Melchiah

Don't know the validity of this, but: http://www.reddit.com/r/PlayStation...club_ps_edition_in_store_within_next_2_hours/

Called customer support. Was on hold for quite a while (given the current situation). Rep confirmed that the PS+ edition will hit the store in about 1.5 hours. Rep also said that he has gotten many calls regarding this very predicament. Time will tell, but I'm just the messenger.

If true, I'll download it the first thing in the morning. It's actually sooner than I thought, as the PS+ games usually go live at early evening around here.

After the giant bomb quick look and these meh reviews I think i'm out until a $30 or so price drop.

The concerns about the grippy, understeer heavy controls worry me the most.

Maybe they'll patch in better controls but man, after a year delay this game sounds like a mess.

I'll still play the PS+ demo but not expecting great things. Back to destiny!
Gerstmann should be the last person you listen to about a Sony 1st party game. And in this case, again, he's dead fucking wrong. The controls are dead on, and no one whose played the game are complaining about them.

I pre-ordered and I see the "Driveclub" icon in my GAME LIBRARY but it closes as soon as i OPEN it

is there something wrong? How come I can't play the game??? anyone have this issue??

I have a feeling aliasing will be non-existent on my tv. Seriously I think my TV has some sort of aliasing algorithm on its own in game mode. No jaggies at all in Infamous. Same with Killzone. I was blown away that Minecrafts screen was so full and alias free. Same with Final Fantasy XIV. Or maybe since I don't use edge enhacing and lower my artificial screen sharpening to 0 it basically kills the edges of the objects and makes aliasing disappear. Dunno what it is but I love it

jett

D-Member
I wonder if someone forgot to turn on color grading or if that was just never in the actual game. If the in-game colors actually looked like in their trailers and bullshots it would help a lot.

viveks86

First impressions. The menus/music are uber tight and responsive. The car physics are accessible, which I was hoping for considering my G27 is not supported. I'm a big Sim racing fan, but I really like how things feel via the DS4. It does not take long to get confident. 1st India tracks graphics were underwhelming... Next I did the Chile mountaintop circuit which looked phenomenal.

Time to dive back in...

Seriously, the music is awesome. Just sit on a menu for 10 minutes and listen.

Pretty much what I'm doing. Do some races, talk about it on GAF while in the menu!

Triz

Perhaps I missed it but how do you raise club level. Keep racing the same make? I want my damn gti says I need club level one, keep using the beetle gsr but it's not unlocking :(

LCfiner

Played another hour so around 3 total. I got wrecked on that final championship to progress past rookie league, lol. I'll have to retry that tomorrow.

Aside from that, the first section has been acceptably challenging but not too much so. I do think i'm gonna hit the limit of my skills pretty early and not be able to unlock supercars or the last couple tiers. I just don't have the reflexes. I hope a future update will unlock all cars for single race modes. I always hate when stuff is locked in racing games for the quick pick-up race/ time trial mode.

I love the handling and the drifting on some of the wider roads. The combination of slight braking and then tapping the e brake really reminds me of pgr. Good stuff. I Find I have a very good sense of when i'm heading to fast in a turn, when i'm losing grip or how much gas to apply to keep a drift going. Very solid controls and feedback.

Edit. For a real sense of speed, I need to use bumper cam. With the cockpit view, stuff feels too far away and sense of speed goes down. Happens to me in almost all racing games, really.

Came back from a 2/3h run.

This game is CRAZY FUN. I love it. Screw the reviews. Please people. Before dissing the game at least give it a try. I'm pretty sure most people will like the game.

Melchiah

I have a feeling aliasing will be non-existent on my tv. Seriously I think my TV has some sort of aliasing algorithm on its own in game mode. No jaggies at all in Infamous. Same with Killzone. I was blown away that Minecrafts screen was so full and alias free. Same with Final Fantasy XIV. Or maybe since I don't use edge enhacing and lower my artificial screen sharpening to 0 it basically kills the edges of the objects and makes aliasing disappear. Dunno what it is but I love it

Infamous and Kiilzone are pretty much devoid of aliasing.

Gerstmann should be the last person you listen to about a Sony 1st party game. And in this case, again, he's dead fucking wrong. The controls are dead on, and no one whose played the game are complaining about them.

what is this about gerstmann bias?

I trust big jeffrey implicitly.

It was echoed in several other reviews from Gamespot, eurogamer, USgamer, and joystiq today. It was one of the common threads of complaints about the game in most reviews.

My point is this sounds like it could be a good game but it has neither a lot of variety and flair nor does it nail the fundamentals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom