• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was kicking ass last night getting all the stars and first place. Now that I come home from work and leave hot hatches I'm getting my ass handed to me. I am becoming addicted to shaving seconds off.

its a very raw experience and I love it. no fluff needed. I take my car out to the cliffs at least once a month. Speed around and enjoy the view...this game does a damn good job at replicating it.

Seems a little fishy (or sleazy) that the ps+ version still isn't up. I have the full version coming tomorrow but I was hoping to give it at least a try tonight. I've been waiting for this game sice the PS4 was unveiled. smh

After a couple hours of play i am very satisfied with this game. The handling is great and every car is different. It's challenging in a non annoying way. Best of all, it's pretty addicting to try and best your own score and I'm sure when psn stops sucking, trying to beat your friends scores. I see myself playing this for awhile

mujun

I have a racing background with a GTR R33 and GTST so I know what I am talking about when it comes to handling. Giantbomb giving this a 2 because he doesn't like how the cars handle just proves to me that he doesn't know how to drive or control a car, which is fine but do not dock points because of your incompetence and lack of skill.

Like pretty much everything in a video game the driving is an abstracted representation.

I'd say that comparing the handling in this game to that of other games is more commonly used bar for comparison for most people.

You sound like the "I'm an expert on Japan..." person.

Managed to roll the car in India. Could barely see when someone was directly behind me.

EEDfsc.jpg

I had a race and you had to finish in the top 3, I thought I won but it was so close I came in 4th, all of them just 1000ths of a second in front of me.. oh man, this is some of the most intense racing I have ever had.

Well, the official European launch was five hours ago(?) and the servers have been down the whole time. Way to go!

I like it! I'm now level 15. Best looking game in current gen, it's absolutely gorgeous! And it is hard, it punishes you every time you blink your eyes! It's really harsh. Just wonderful!

Only thing I don't like is how the tracks are so tight, there's really no room for error and it gets very hectic with faster cars. But I guess this is one of the aspects which keeps the game interesting.

Everyone should try the PS+ version! It is really, really good. I have no idea why it gets so bad reviews. I guess this proves my thoughts about "critics": everytime they hate some game, I most likely like it and when they praise a game, I probably hate it. "Gaming media" is dead!

DOWN

Banned
Fell for the lust and keep playing Youtopia and 212 on Music Unlimited but it's missing like 20% of the songs I searched and many were just mainstream stuff. I need MP3 support. Oh well, not a bad $5 for now.

Saganator

I've regretted pretty much every digital purchase I've made on PSN (NBA2k14, Black Flag, and Destiny), if it wasn't for swearing off full price digital games, I probably would've given in by now. I gotta stick to my guns.

Codeblew

Seems a little fishy (or sleazy) that the ps+ version still isn't up. I have the full version coming tomorrow but I was hoping to give it at least a try tonight. I've been waiting for this game sice the PS4 was unveiled. smh

Do you blame them for not releasing the demo when the servers are not working? The online/social aspect is half of the game. Plus it screws over those of us that paid for it even more by making our chances of connecting even worse.

Mobius 1

This is incredible. Pure, unadulterated racing. No voice overs. No music during the races by default. No attitude. Just drive.

Amazing. Beautiful.

Has anyone from SONY or the developer made a statement about the missing PS+ version?

With the mediocre game reviews DRIVECLUB has received I'm starting to think they are going to delay releasing the FREE PS+ version until later this month.

That's what I would do if I were Sony because I think a lot of potential buyers are now going to just settle for the FREE PS+ version. Force those people to wait which will lead some to just going ahead with the full game.

I really hope I am wrong.

oSoLucky

This is seriously the most fun I have had in a racer since GT4(early the feeling might wear off). I am a huge fan of the genre and as others have said, it has turned into so much about the extra fluff(looking at you NFS) and not the focus on just driving. The minimalist approach fits perfectly with the tone of the game and I love the fact that I start a race and am on the track ready in less than 10 seconds.

I'm glad Evolution made the game they wanted and didn't care what the 60 fps naysayers argued for, the game plays beautifully in my eyes, and doesn't try to be anything that it's not.

I know there is a lot more planned for this game already but I hope it gets as much support as some of Sony's other games such as Kill zone and GT. I can't wait to see what becomes of this game once it's fleshed out more.

If I were Sony, the bad reviews mean the ps+ edition will be even more important than ever. Let as many people play the game and see for themselves that it's actually a really good racimg game

chris121580

Man I'm having a blast with this game! Trying to shave seconds off your time is so addicting. My only complaint so far is being in a 3 race championship and if you miss one star, you have to go back and do it all over. That's a little frustrating

If I were Sony, the bad reviews mean the ps+ edition will be even more important than ever. Let as many people play the game and see for themselves that it's actually a really good racimg game

And maybe, because of that, they're waiting for the servers to be fully up and functioning, so a sour taste isn't left in peoples' mouths. The online functionality is such a huge part of the game. I wonder if a patch is incoming.

Okay banana! Time for chile!

Heh, thought I was done but alright, 1 more round.

By the way guys the static objects like foliage, poles etc sometimes look really weird in the shots - almost 2D or really sticking out from the rest, I assure you it's a result of the motion blur and it really does look better when you're actually playing. Been doing my best when taking these shots to slow down for those types of pics to minimize the effect.

Anyways....Chile time

Shadybiz

Screw it, bought it. Played a few races, and I think it's really cool. I like the lack of driving lines (the flags on some corners seems to be more than enough), the game sounds and looks good, and the AI seems tough but fair. I'm only halfway done downloading, though, so it's time to put the PS4 in standby, and get the full experience tomorrow night.

meanspartan

Has anyone from SONY or the developer made a statement about the missing PS+ version?

With the mediocre game reviews DRIVECLUB has received I'm starting to think they are going to delay releasing the FREE PS+ version until later this month.

That's what I would do if I were Sony because I think a lot of potential buyers are now going to just settle for the FREE PS+ version. Force those people to wait which will lead some to just going ahead with the full game.

I really hope I am wrong.

That would be fucked up as they know we were all expecting it on Plus today. Hell, I was expecting it at launch. Was looking forward to playing a AAA title on Plus instead of the indies we usually get (which is fine, but some AAA would be nice too).

ruxtpin

Banned
I think the spectators are littering as I drive around the track. Assholes wad up their dirty diapers and burger wrappers and toss them in my way while I'm driving.

Man I'm having a blast with this game! Trying to shave seconds off your time is so addicting. My only complaint so far is being in a 3 race championship and if you miss one star, you have to go back and do it all over. That's a little frustrating

Not really, you just have to reset that particular round you're in instead of resetting the championship. It gives you the choice to do so when you hit reset in the level you're in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom