• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its been a long time since I've played a racing game that isn't littered with "That was wicked cool dude, upload that to YouTube" or ten screens of XP bars filling up and exploding into level ups, or the long post-race whoosh camera angles across your car.

I guess, considering the racing games I've played for the past several years, the minimalist aesthetic here is just what the doctor ordered. Put me on the track as quickly as possible, please ;p
I can't tell you how refreshing it is for me as well. It's just a very pure and focused racing experience all the way. It helps that load times are unbelievably short to keep you going from menu to race without anything being shoved down your throat like pointless narrations.

iuX95NDq8FxzK.jpg

itkEklES4FLXB.jpg

iUtCOKosD65GT.jpg

iGm3zEHJ0Euym.jpg

iZ4wAqCL7eGwf.jpg

http://minus.com/mqHmNlpPHbr2a

I've noticed that the motion blurs is especially harsh on tree-heavy tracks. Gonna try taking some pics standing still next time and see if they look better.

GodofWine

The lighting in this game is my "this is next gen " moment...wow. at night when there are people with bon fires in the distance or right by the road...woah

Remf

Just about to start the rookie championship and so far I'm really digging this game. Handles like a dream and the graphics are beautiful but they do need to tone down the penalties a bit when it comes to someone slamming you from behind...I can live with it though. I'm still trying to get a handle on drifting as well, but I suck at that on all racing games so that's a given.

Whenever Evo flips the switch on the servers, I'll be there, smiling in my rear view mirror as I pass you by.

So, uh... I see that Driveclub is up, but for us broke PS4 owners with PS+ subscriptions, how can we get the PS+ version? I can't find it on the web store or the PS4 store.

So you're in the UK and the same boat as me. Oh well, we should hit a reasonably clean server, which is something. I can't afford the full version just yet but I'll play the hell out of India.

Nope, I'm in Texas, but due to school I have chosen to wait it out until Friday so I can get my grades up.....

OK been playing a while got the first 3 stars in tour mode. Plays fantastic and graphics are great. It's not as good as the downsampled video from the Broll but I have race that course under that lighting yet so well see. Great sense of speed and I love the way the handling so far. Only thing is MP is down and I can't use my Logitech G25 mounted on my Wheel Stand Pro! They really drop the ball this gen with the racing wheel situation. FML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am tempted to just pop in GT5 and get a few races in.

Late Flag

I definitely get the enhanced sense of speed now. Doing the little hot-hatch races felt fast, but breaking out a performance car for a time trial seriously sped everything up several notches. I can't imagine doing some of these courses in a super.

Kaimu

I can't wait to get home friday and boot it up for the first time.

Keep the screenshots coming, they look gorgeous!

I connected once about 9 hours ago (14 hours of trying so far today) but other than that its been down all day here.

I want to race but I saw that the face-off stuff really helped me get my level up faster but online servers are needed for that been waiting for them to fix it

any word on why they are down this long?

Loudninja

I want to race but I saw that the face-off stuff really helped me get my level up faster but online servers are needed for that been waiting for them to fix it

any word on why they are down this long?
We're not, Kuro. "Many players are receiving an error message ... and we are investigating what appears to be a wider server issue behind this problem."

When we know more we will update everyone and while we work to investigate this, the servers will stay up and running for all of the people who can get connected and are playing online.
https://www.facebook.com/driveclubo...41825.423631211054578/706963486054681/?type=1

Seems alot of people are online and alot are not.

It'd be nice if the servers were up when they released the PS+ version. Getting the red disconnection message the middle of races across the steering wheel is really distracting, and also it's not as much fun knowing I'm not getting any XP towards my club when I play.

Surfheart

Does the cockpit shake bug the hell out of anyone else?

Seems completely unrealistic to me and makes it harder to appreciate the scenery when the view is shaking all over the place.

Ainaurdur

Finally after about 10 attempts, I got the lap time needed for the star in Round 2 of the Volkswagen Series Norway. (Felt like it would have taken 2 tries at the most if I was able to unlock the Golf GTI, but most of us are in that boat together.)

I am really enjoying the game so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom