• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so jelly! Looking at my Logitech G25 attached to the wheel stand pro while playing Driveclub I feel like throwing up. They done goofed with the wheels this gen. Anyone know if they will sort out this Logitech issue?

If I don't hear anything soon I might have to drop the dough on the t500rs and another wheelstand. this sucks.
Some people theorize we might see support some time next year when Immersion's patent expires.

You think they're going to introduce some new challenges with the weather patch? Man, I want some ridiculous night races in pouring thunderstorms. I love the obscenely hard challenges lol.

you can make your own challenges or do the challenge that your friend made. if you're talking about the tour mode, a lot of the season pass seems to give you a lot them and I assume those will have some weather events mixed in them

you can make your own challenges or do the challenge that your friend made. if you're talking about the tour mode, a lot of the season pass seems to give you a lot them and I assume those will have some weather events mixed in them

Oh yeah, forgot about that! Man I can't wait. I'm going to pick the windiest, most aggressively cornered tracks and just drench them in the dark. I want it to take at least 3 times the amount of time lol.

Nyx

Just played 2 Tour events before I leave for work. Great graphics, sense of speed and fast loading times!

Going to be a long day at the office...

Kumubou

The cars in blue are for people on the free PS+ version -- the paid version has access to everything (once you unlock it). There are some cars that can't be unlocked offline though -- those are the ones that are tied to your club's level.

The cars in blue are for people on the free PS+ version -- the paid version has access to everything (once you unlock it). There are some cars that can't be unlocked offline though -- those are the ones that are tied to your club's level.

That really sucks. I don't have nor plan on getting PS+. All cars should be available in single player. I'm starting to regret buying the season pass now.

MilkBeard

Game mechanics feel fun, I think they will carry this game far for me, even if there is a lack of general content.

At this time the social/online stuff still doesn't work, which is disappointing. I'm sure that's meant to be like 50-60% of the game content itself.

BashNasty

Seriously, it's getting average/good reviews and people are acting like there's loads of bad ones.

The scores are far lower than a lot of people, myself included, were hoping for. Though many people will go through a denial phase when a game they've been hyped for gets lower-than-expected scores (take a gander at the review thread...), with time the review aggregate does tend to match up with level-headed assessments of a game. I'm having a good time with DriveClub, but I'm already becoming very aware of some serious shortcomings (primarily related to structure of progression, lack of customizability, and some frustrating design decisions). A score aggregate in the 70-75 range does not mean a game is bad, but it does tend to mean that a game has some serious issues. DriveClub has some serious issues.

Pretty sure you can still be part of a club without plus. You just can't race online.

I comfused on how this all works. Do you have to be invited n a club in order to join? If you can freely choose to join any existing club do you have to be accepted beforehand? If I can unlock all the cars offline and not have to rely on anyone else to do so then I'm good.

I comfused on how this all works. Do you have to be invited n a club in order to join? If you can freely choose to join any existing club do you have to be accepted beforehand? If I can unlock all the cars offline and not have to rely on anyone else to do so then I'm good.

I'll probably be something weird like creating your own club, then racking up points for it, then getting unlocks... or something lol

benzy

I'll admit this looks a little off.

BzVRBAQIQAA4ztQ.jpg

I think we can cherry pick screens for any game and make it look off. I'm about 65% done with the events and it's never looked like that second image you posted.

I have the full vid of this gif if you want it, and it looks just as amazing throughout all of it. :p

sfbgts.gif

It occurred to me that I could have just bought the game digitally since its the same price I paid for the retail disc and since I don't plan on selling this game anytime soon, plus the added benefit of having it on the HDD at all times, it would have been much better in the long run. God dammit I could have played for hours today. I hate buying retail discs online since I rarely get them day 1.

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
So I was driving that BMW in one of the Indian tracks using my Logitech G27. I was having such a blast, until I became too cocky, went too fast for the curve, slid out of control....and then...and then I woke up.

Maaaan. Some of the time challenge stars in the Tour mode aint easy. I had to get a lap time of 1:17 or less and I kept getting a few hundredths of a second over. Had to get pretty much a flawless run and still just made it 0.5 seconds under. They really make you work for that little extra. Feels good to get it though. Im addicted.

saunderez

Maaaan. Some of the time challenge stars in the Tour mode aint easy. I had to get a lap time of 1:17 or less and I kept getting a few hundredths of a second over. Had to get pretty much a flawless run and still just made it 0.5 seconds under. They really make you work for that little extra. Feels good to get it though. Im addicted.

I spent what felt like an hour getting the 3rd star on a drifting challenge.....that was basically 3 corners of the same track for an hour straight. Felt good when I finally nailed it but man....I suck at drifting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom