• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebpo

Banned
I hope when weather comes out they can enable it for the campaign tour. Would be a bummer if they release an amazing weather system and the only way you can see it is setting up your own races.

I hope when weather comes out they can enable it for the campaign tour. Would be a bummer if they release an amazing weather system and the only way you can see it is setting up your own races.

I'm pretty sure that they've said that it'll be incorporated into the campaign, just like the events added in the Season Pass will be added to the campaign.

I spent what felt like an hour getting the 3rd star on a drifting challenge.....that was basically 3 corners of the same track for an hour straight. Felt good when I finally nailed it but man....I suck at drifting.

Drifting is pretty hard, I usually start drifting about half way through the turn, its so easy to over or undershoot a turn but when you nail it, a good drift is extremely satisfying.

Drifting is pretty hard, I usually start drifting about half way through the turn, its so easy to over or undershoot a turn but when you nail it, a good drift is extremely satisfying.

Yup, you need the perfect car for it and even then it won't go as planned. I think the last time I enjoyed drifting in racing was in Dirt 3. I still need to make a club but the damn servers are not stable, I get connected and disconnected. : /

onanie

is the game 14gb?

Bought the PS+ upgrade. If I download this, is it essentially the full game or do i still have to download the free PS+ version when it becomes available?

TheBear

All the skins for the cars look like dogshit. Like some fuckin Guy Fieri shit. Are there more interesting ones to unlock? Some race car type liveries would be nice

So... is manual transmission worth it? do you win seconds with it?
It probably won't shave seconds but I do it because I always go as little assists as possible and well, thats the only thing you can really change.

It adds more challenge and hitting a red banner/flag turn and coming out in the right gear is rewarding and fun.

Not to brag or anything but I'm gold staring the living fuck out of this game.
I'm either totally awesome at racing games or this game is just too easy.

saunderez

All the skins for the cars look like dogshit. Like some fuckin Guy Fieri shit. Are there more interesting ones to unlock? Some race car type liveries would be nice
There's hundreds but as far as I can see they're all paint by number so probably not what you're after. I'm partial to a few of the retro ones.

Diamondium

Neo Member
If you go to garage then choose one of the paint skins you can change it as you please, has quite a bit of options to unlock.

I can't move ahead in tour mode without getting all the stars. Reset central over here.

Not to brag or anything but I'm gold staring the living fuck out of this game.
I'm either totally awesome at racing games or this game is just too easy.

I was once like you guys but after getting 100+ stars from progress, all I will say is damn. You guys will truly see what the A.I and objectives are capable of later.

It probably won't shave seconds but I do it because I always go as little assists as possible and well, thats the only thing you can really change.

It adds more challenge and hitting a red banner/flag turn and coming out in the right gear is rewarding and fun.

Without a clutch changing gears just doesn't feel right to me. That's why I ended up getting rid of my driving force GT.

Sojgat

Fully upgraded Corrective Measure is amazing in IB. People really need to get to the heavy ammo faster. I just circle the map picking up all of it.

I can go sleep now.

BzZhNsQCIAE4AaI.jpg:large
I would not be able to sleep if I just unlocked that.

WoolyNinja

Servers are up! Game is great! I just hope the review scores don't scare people off because this is awesome and I want competition in the challenges! Already won my first Solo Challenge someone posted so there's one Trophy I don't have to worry about anymore!

Aspiring

After completing all of the first batch of events my only complaint is that there is not enough of say, celebration after completing the cups. Like some sort of trophy, or seeing your driver on a podium, something to say well done. It just goes back to menu and clock next race.

Also why must I make colours and option. Where it says "factory", I should just be able to select a different colour.

Minor things but one that would add a little to the game. Still loving this game heaps. And hope a patch can fix.

Servers are up! Game is great! I just hope the review scores don't scare people off because this is awesome and I want competition in the challenges! Already won my first Solo Challenge someone posted so there's one Trophy I don't have to worry about anymore!

Servers are up!? DONT YOU PLAY WITH MY EMOTIONS LIKE THAT WOOLYNINJA

Nizz

So the PS+ edition isn't up yet? I got home from work at 1:30am eastern time and it's now almost 2:15 in the morning and it's still not up?

Been playing last 2 hours. Very impressed. The driving physics feel so Damn good. Also really digging the music a lot. Give me that online. Where do I join a gaf club?

Codeblew

So... is manual transmission worth it? do you win seconds with it?

I don't know if it saves much time but I enjoy it more than automatic. Its nice to downshift rather than break sometimes. I switch it to auto for the drifting challenges though. BTW, even if you select automatic, you can still shift. I found this out when I forgot to switch it back to manual after doing a drift challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom