• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Start single time trial (not career), in some track you have not set time yet.
Then drive slowly for first lap, lets say 1:03 (depends on track), lap 2 improve few seconds, and third lap improve few seconds more, and fourth lap drive a good lap and beat lap 3 time, and *bing*"

Just tried this and it definitely works.

Garryk

Finally got 3 stars on a drift challenge. ^_^

Probably couldn't do it again. ;_;

Anyway, level 22 now with 90/225. Finished the semi-pro tournament last night, but was a point shy of 3rd place so I have to do that again to move on. I really like this game, but can be really frustrating. Hopefully I can get online and join a club tonight so I can start unlocking some more cars.

Ricky_R

The option to try it out on ps+ first?

Not really. Possibly the fact that I don't enjoy racing games that much anymore and didn't want to regret it.

I think i'll wait until the free version is up, but I've read that India is the least appealing (not sure if least fun also) area in the game, so...

Hoje0308

Banned
Where's this difficulty spike people keep taking about. I'm on the last Pro event and haven't encountered anything especially challenging. I mean, the AI gives you a good run, but you can easily muscle past them and build a gap.

Nyx

Where's this difficulty spike people keep taking about. I'm on the last Pro event and haven't encountered anything especially challenging. I mean, the AI gives you a good run, but you can easily muscle past them and build a gap.

You must be a real Pro man. ;)

In general the game isn't too hard, the last few races before the legend trophy were a little challenging though because of the constant high speed.

Not really. Possibly the fact that I don't enjoy racing games that much anymore and didn't want to regret it.

I think i'll wait until the free version is up, but I've read that India is the least appealing (not sure if least fun also) area in the game, so...
India's well designed, it's just pretty rough looking compared to how beautiful some of the other locations can be. Though lighting/time of day can always make a huge difference with how something looks in this game.

Hoje0308

Banned
In general the game isn't too hard, the last few races before the legend trophy were a little challenging though because of the constant high speed.

I suppose having a wheel helps too, but even on Norwegian tracks I've been able to push my way past the faster cars and then block them on the straights before building a gap in the twists.
I still struggle with drift events, but have managed to get all three stars in every event thus far.

Late Flag

Just tried this and it definitely works.

I'm definitely cheesing this one tonight then. Do the first lap super-slow on purpose, do two more a little less super-slow, and then one normal lap. Got it.

I remember on Pacific Rift, there was a trophy for winning three online races in a row. If you didn't get it early on, you were never getting it because you'd be matched up against very good drivers. Only reason why I got that one was because I spent a ton of time learning each track before ever playing online. If I hadn't done that, I never would have unlocked that trophy.

p3n

What car did you use for the pro trophy championship? I did beat the time challenges by more than 3 seconds and the best I could do was come in 5th place because the AI is somehow able to go crazy fast on the straights even in the same cars I use (R8 and 430 Scuderia).

Hoje0308

Banned
What car did you use for the pro trophy championship? I did beat the time challenges by more than 3 seconds and the best I could do was come in 5th place because the AI is somehow able to go crazy fast on the straights even in the same cars I use (R8 and 430 Scuderia).

I'm using the RUF RT12 R and kinda regret it. The RR setup is a stability nightmare and you have to nail your exits to keep a gap. I'd recommend the 458 if you have it.

Just play and it might connect you eventually. Works for me but it takes a couple of races.

I hope I'll have some time to play more tonight. Need to level that club up.

I'm using the RUF RT12 R and kinda regret it. The RR setup is a stability nightmare and you have to nail your exits to keep a gap. I'd recommend the 458 if you have it.

You are doing everything right. RT12 <3

AlphaDump

Gold Member
Been playing this in between breaks of Diablo 3.

It is definitely growing on me, especially as I am understanding the driving mechanics more. Once you start gaining momentum it becomes rather addicting. The tour mode seems pretty damn robust, too.

The sense of speed once you get going is really well done, especially when viewed within the dashcam view. I also found each camera option very drivable, so it is nice to know I wont be sticking to just an overhead 3rd person view all the time.

I just want to plaaaaayyyyyy. I would buy this in a second if I had the extra cash. Hopefully the PS+ version finally releases today.

It won't.

Do I really need a Facebook account to share my PS4 images? Can I not just upload them to youtube?
Can I just transfer them to a usb and upload them free of the PS4's constraints?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Do I really need a Facebook account to share my PS4 images? Can I not just upload them to youtube?
Can I just transfer them to a usb and upload them free of the PS4's constraints?
YouTube upload is coming 'soon'.

But yeah, you can transfer them via USB.

Hoje0308

Banned
I hope I'll have some time to play more tonight. Need to level that club up.

You are doing everything right. RT12 <3

Yeah, forget my initial impressions, this thing is amazing! Dive in deep, trail off the clamps then grab all the throttle you want and that nice big ass will take care of the oversteer for you. Just won all three races in the Pro Cup.

Putty

I must be one of the only ones who thinks India looks fabulous! Especially P2P events. So much detail and colour. Great track to drive around aswell.

GodofWine

That feeling when your going downhill, like really down hill...fast and the car gets "light " is done really well with the rumble and how the drivers head moves.

(Anyone tried sending messages with the ps app..i cant..not sure why)

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I must be one of the only ones who thinks India looks fabulous! Especially P2P events. So much detail and colour. Great track to drive around aswell.

Is India the one with the cobblestone parts and dirt going over parts of the road? I loved the time trial I ran last night, felt like I was driving through a living breathing world.

Late Flag

I like India too. I love when the cars in front of me kick up dirt and leaves -- nice little touch.

T_Exige

I am at 180/225 now.
Having the 458 and the P1 do really make it easier, I thought the last championship would be hell, but won all three races with all stars. I can imagine it being harder with the Ruf or the Pagani.
I really like the driving, the drifting not so much, the California just doesn't want to drift :-(
I made a club, so if there are some EU people for some casual fun, feel free to ask :)

ruttyboy

i unlocked another of the rufs, a faster one, but driving it with hood cam or also cockpit cams gives me almost no engine sounds -, just rushing wind. Its weird. Like a Tesla. RUFs should be visceral sounding.

Could be that they are rear engined and with positional audio, if the camera is on the bonnet then you wouldn't hear much from the engine as the body of the car is blocking the noise.

viveks86

Last night I spent 100% dash cam, 0% opacity on the HUD. Amazing... Until you exit a pro level time trial and realize you only out paced the bronze time.

Hit the options button anytime you do a good lap. Shows what stars you got from it. That's what I do, since I've gone HUDless too.

What are your favorite tracks so far? Favorite locations? I must admit I'm not a frequent racing game junkie, but I LOVE the elevation changes in this game so much, and I'm curious of what the more avid racing fans think of the level designs.

i unlocked another of the rufs, a faster one, but driving it with hood cam or also cockpit cams gives me almost no engine sounds -, just rushing wind. Its weird. Like a Tesla. RUFs should be visceral sounding.

Are you on a Scotland track? I think the Scotland tracks have less "things" for the sound to reverberate on so there's less noise. At one point when I was driving it was like a calm had set in when I was hitting 150+ mph on a long stretch.

It is really a shame how Sony is unable to get their PSN up to speed. No network connection for a AAA with strong emphasis on the social part is just ridiculous. I like the driving and the game looks great but how is it possible to not have those things sorted out? Shame on Sony for beeing unable in this regard, no excuse! /rant closed

p3n

Well gotta go enjoy the other events for 3 more levels to unlock the 458.

Fonds

What are your favorite tracks so far? Favorite locations? I must admit I'm not a frequent racing game junkie, but I LOVE the elevation changes in this game so much, and I'm curious of what the more avid racing fans think of the level designs.

Chile in the storm is amazing. Can't wait for the weather update.
The vast views with that dark and brooding sky... Just absolute bliss..

N30RYU

GiganticOddAndalusianhorse.gif

Hoje0308

Banned
Evo are full of shit when they say that you'll maintain connection once it's attained. I've managed no more than a thirty minute connection since launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom